Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

ajayritik

Technomancer
Has anyone here have a membership in either seventymm or Bigflix? Which one of these two is better? I think someone here had mentioned about Seventymm

anniyan

Texan
^^ little miss sunshine has a generous use of the F word so i won't term it as family entertainment

oops my bad, missed that. Thanks for pointing out

My next three movies in the queue are,

Blood diamond
Bound
Evil dead 3 - Army of darkness

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Has anyone here have a membership in either seventymm or Bigflix? Which one of these two is better? I think someone here had mentioned about Seventymm
SeventyMM was advertising it's subscriptions at our office the other day.I had got a phamplet but the deal seemed quite expensive.Rs.798(Including security deposit & registration fee) for a month & only 6 movies.:(

Wait what the hell? I just had a look on their website & it seems they are renting Xbox 360 games too? :confused: Can someone confirm this?

P

paranj

go watch SAW 1,2,3,4
Return On The House On Haunted Hill
The Cottage
Exorcist

ALL ENGLISH
ALL are Thriller/Horror

Dipen01

Youngling
Can anyone please suggest me some good sports movies..

Watching "Invincible" as i type.. I have watched couple of good Basketball flicks.. Coach Carter comes to my mind as of now and there was this Rugby flick with Denzel Washington...

Anyways i am feeling totally down and out.. Need heavy inspiration/motivation to pull myself together and get back to Rhythm.. So i thought nothing would be better than Sports movies - being my fav genre..

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Can anyone please suggest me some good sports movies..

Watching "Invincible" as i type.. I have watched couple of good Basketball flicks.. Coach Carter comes to my mind as of now and there was this Rugby flick with Denzel Washington...

Anyways i am feeling totally down and out.. Need heavy inspiration/motivation to pull myself together and get back to Rhythm.. So i thought nothing would be better than Sports movies - being my fav genre..

This list should help.

*www.imdb.com/Sections/Genres/Sport/average-vote

But considering your mood today, you need something to lighten you up! I recommend Beerfest, but you need to consider drinking beer as a sport.

Korean movie Marathon is on similar lines of Invincible.

Dipen01

Youngling
Hey medico, thanx for the list..

I have watched Beerfest already :|

And I'm kinda not very interested in foreign movies due to subtitles :(

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Simpsons - The movie... was a good watch. Don't miss the very beginning when 20th century fox logo comes. hehehe..its funny.

Tonight I might watch I, Robot if I don't fall asleep. Wanted to watch it way back in 2004 but I missed it.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
I, Robot.

Loved it. Totally loved the idea of robots overtaking humans. CGIs were decent. I heard the book by Isaac Asimov is even better. I won't read the book anyway :D

They are planning I Robot 2 in 2010.

P

paranj

watching an old comedy movie called The Benchwarmers. Its non-sense comedy.6/10
one very old movie - Scarface 9.5/10
Cloverfield- 8/10
SpeedRacer - 7/10

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Did you guys find Borat: Cultural learnings of America for make benefit glorious nation of Kazakhstan funny? I did. Especially the first half. Second was a bit dragged. The name itself cracks me up. Must admit, Sasha Cohen is a genius. Though I haven't had enough of him yet.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Did you guys find Borat: Cultural learnings of America for make benefit glorious nation of Kazakistan funny? I did. Especially the first half. Second was a bit dragged. The name itself cracks me up. Must admit, Sasha Cohen is a genius. Though I haven't had enough of him yet.
I found it extremely funny.Sacha is undoubtedly the best comedian out there.You must watch Ali G in Da House.The part which I fell off laughing was when he starts wanking off in front of a Pamela Anderson poster.:D

Top Bottom