Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Dipen01

Youngling
Fugitive - As Always Its a treat to watch Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee opposite to each other :D Awesome movie - 9/10 :D

Even though its a thriller/suspense movie, i still watched it for 4th time :p

Dipen01

Youngling
K-Pax...

Has anyone watched this movie ?

Confusing Ending or rather I'd say Open Ending..

Although Kevin Spacey at his best ;)

Idiocracy - A must watch.. - Super funny :D

*www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Recent Addation : Death Sentence.....................anybody seen Death Wish, this ones absolutely similar to it.....Story Line is typical and nothing new (father goes on a killing spree when his family is threatened) but execution is not bad..........Kevin Bacon acted really well......this is a kinda movie that requirs quite a lot of emotional variations from sentiments to disbelief/dissappointment to anger/greef frustration and rage. Kavin Bacon did a commendable job here if you ask me. Then end shootout was seriously well made........7/10 on entertainment factor........critic POV.....5.5/10.......
Kevin looks much better in bad guy roles :D

Though the Detective lady was pathetic, she did nothing more than frustrating the family and discouraging them.

The chase scene was amazing. And the track at the end (Alright by Pilot Speed) is a well crafted one for the ending.

Though its not a movie to ponder upon deeply, just a tragedy that can happen with you too.
Tonight I lack the strength to even move,
When you walked, now watch me die

For I know this is harder for you,
For love has let you down

The road ahead is lined with broken dreams,
So walk, walk on by

And I failed to give you everything you need,
For the fears, behind your eyes

When I can’t feel you,
I’m not alright, I’m not alright,
When I can’t heal you,
I’m not alright, I’m not alright

goobimama

 Macboy
The Eye: *ing Jessica Alba: Okay film. 6/10.
Semi-Pro: *ing Will Farell: 6/10
Numb: *Matthew Perry (Chandler from Friends): 8/10. Pretty good movie. About how he got screwed after OD'ing himself with weed.
Romulus, My Father: *Eric Bana: 8/10. Awesome movie. Might be a little slow for some, but I really liked the story.

*all movies watched on iPhone. Your viewing experience may not be so awesome :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^ You mean on a 3.5" screen??
now thats awesome :rolleyes: :D lol

Just watched Oldboy, as per t159's recommendations in one of his previous posts..! This movie is good.. maybe not as good as some of the Korean thrillers or romantic comedies, but still good and different from most of the mainstream movies.. deals with a topic that few would have the guts to do...
@T159 - Thanks mate... next in line is A Tale of Two Sisters, followed by The Classic :D
anytime :D

:D :D Just now completed watching The Classic... Neat and touching love story.. Really a classic movie.. Must watch.
Anyways, two Korean movies is a little too much for a day.. so will watch the next one in line after 2 or 3 days.. :D
in excess, things turn repulsive :D

Jimmy

A must watch for Mithunda's fans. Feels like we are watching some 80's movie. Mimohda is obese, hammy and awesome.

Real fun is in these movies.

Lover's concerto - Nice movie. The babe was nice. I think she was also in Bungee Jumping. Sad that she committed suicide in real life.

Next on my list - Don Mutthuswami, Valu, a marathi movie.
yeah kinda sad she committed suicide:(. She was talented and cute.

Tell me ur review abt Don Mutthuswami:D

Last edited:

ajaybc

Youngling
Dude,where is my car-I watched this movie only because there was Sean William Scott(American Pie's Stifler).Though he was great in this the movie was STUPID.
After seeing it I felt like I watched a collection of awesome comedy scenes with no connection to each other.The story is DUMB.

ajaybc

Youngling
Dude,where is my car-I watched this movie only because there was Sean William Scott(American Pie's Stifler).Though he was great in this the movie was STUPID.
After seeing it I felt like I watched a collection of awesome comedy scenes with no connection to each other.The story is DUMB.

^^aweful movie, why did u post it in here ?

^^Just to say that it was awful

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^am still to see this movie, on my watch list, is it something like slither ? then a must watch for me, i still remember the funny moments in slither

watched La Pianista and The Story of Xiaoyan
Former is a disturbing movie, shows the sick psychology of a Piano teacher who is a victim of repressed sex feelings and society status.
Later one has some extraordinary ordinary moments, a real story about a 9 year girl who earns her school fee by herself to continue her study

The Machine Girl (Not a perfect story, good cinematography, plot holes, decent gore, funny moments, cute gal = just 1 time watch)

Last edited:
Top Bottom