Moto E discussion thread

$hadow

Geek in making
Guys I too recently bought moto e2. When I use I constantly after charging 100℅ then within 1hr its reducing to 80℅. I am getting backup around 5hrs in which I keep the data enabled, general use, and clash of clan around 1.5hrs.

Is it normal or is there any problem? Please reply.

check for wifi search and if it is on always make it never and COC is a battery hog.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys I too recently bought moto e2. When I use I constantly after charging 100℅ then within 1hr its reducing to 80℅. I am getting backup around 5hrs in which I keep the data enabled, general use, and clash of clan around 1.5hrs.

check for wifi search and if it is on always make it never and COC is a battery hog.

- - - Updated - - -

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Thanks for replying guys. WiFi off. Lowest brightness. COC is really heavy on battery. And in between I use WhatsApp a lot. But still I feel 5hrs is less for a new phone. What's the lowest backup time you people are getting?
Also tell me how to test battery backup properly. I must exchange mobile within this week if any problem exist.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I'll surely do that. But before that i just want to know if my phone provides less backup than normal? I have also switched off all vibrations too like typing notification etc.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I'll surely do that. But before that i just want to know if my phone provides less backup than normal? I have also switched off all vibrations too like typing notification etc.
Force close Clash Of Clans and disable it along with user apps from start up using AIO Toolbox. Then check your battery drain duration from 100% to 10%. Don't launch CoC during that time.

Minion

Conversation Architect
How u did that?

Hi Manju,
I am currently using VanirASOP
[ROM][Condor][5.1] VanirAOSP | Motorola Moto E | XDA Forums
since it is based on ASOP ROM it is bug free.for installing custom rom you have to unlock bootloader and install twrp you can find youtube videos how to do it.

Steps for installing Custom ROM
1)Enter into twrp
Turn off your phone
press volume down key then without releasing press power button.
2)Now you should be in recovery mode.
go to wipe then factory reset your phone.
Then go to advance wipe >wipe system and internal(make sure you backup important files in internal memory)
3)Go back>click on install>Browse ROM zip(keep rom zip on root of SD card)
Then reboot your phone

let it boot it may take 5-10 mins.

After booting into rom then go to recovery and flash Gapps(use tk gapps)
clear dalvik
Then reboot.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for replying guys. WiFi off. Lowest brightness. COC is really heavy on battery. And in between I use WhatsApp a lot. But still I feel 5hrs is less for a new phone. What's the lowest backup time you people are getting?
Also tell me how to test battery backup properly. I must exchange mobile within this week if any problem exist.

Does you phone came with lollipop 5.0?If yes then it is main culprit here.I am getting screenontime of 6 hrs with 1 day of battery backup.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Does you phone came with lollipop 5.0?If yes then it is main culprit here.I am getting screenontime of 6 hrs with 1 day of battery backup.

Yeah its 5.0. And I tried updating it by System Update option and it said its already updated.
What do you mean by "6hrs with 1day of battery backup" ? You mean 1day backup in which you used mobile for around 6hrs?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
No.

Greenify is for hibernating apps, AIO toolbox can't do that. But it can remove the apps from startup which greenify can't do.
Okkkk. I was confused after seeing all those options in both apps, especially in greenify. I have to learn.
But problem is I don't get network here. I have to keep on adjusting my mobile to get at least half the signal strength.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
And i also want to know one more thing, after updating all the 'Google' apps, I saw they take more than half of the internal memory. Out of 4.98GB user memory, I was left with 2.90GB. So I uninstalled all the updates. What about you guys?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ I'd remove all those which I didn't want using titanium backup, get some more space. Most google apps are useless to me.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Yeah its 5.0. And I tried updating it by System Update option and it said its already updated.
What do you mean by "6hrs with 1day of battery backup" ? You mean 1day backup in which you used mobile for around 6hrs?

Then wait for motorola to update it to 5.1.1.Lollipop 5.0 is buggy and battery drain."6hrs With 1 day" means mobile screen has been used for 6 hrs and battery lasted me 24hrs.

- - - Updated - - -

And i also want to know one more thing, after updating all the 'Google' apps, I saw they take more than half of the internal memory. Out of 4.98GB user memory, I was left with 2.90GB. So I uninstalled all the updates. What about you guys?

Don't update unnecessarily only update when you face problems with older versions.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
I am still waiting for 5.1 update. My sister's 1st gen already got 5.1 and my 2nd Gen (4g) is yet to get :(. Good job Lenovo

TheSloth

The Slowest One
[MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION], [MENTION=125133]Minion[/MENTION], thanks for replying.
And battery backup of 24hts with 6hrs screen time is actually good.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I was talking about minion's battery backup. I haven't checked mine properly