Micromax Funbook

drkk

Right off the assembly line
" Unfortunately, settings have stooped "

This is the message I receive whenever I switch on my Micromax Funbook or try to open settings. I have pressed reset button 3-4 times, everytime funbook restarts, data in my FB remains as it WAS, and problem still persists. Can anyone tell me what might be the problem? Is there any way I can factory reset this tablet without opening settings. Please help

thanks and regards,
Dr.KK

drkk

" Unfortunately, settings have stooped "

This is the message I receive whenever I switch on my Micromax Funbook or try to open settings. I have pressed reset button 3-4 times, everytime funbook restarts, data in my FB remains as it WAS, and problem still persists. Can anyone tell me what might be the problem? Is there any way I can factory reset this tablet without opening settings. Please help

thanks and regards,,
Dr.KK.

usmslm102

Unable to start camera app says "unfourtunetly camera has stop" I'm on stock rom please help
Thanks in advance

vicks619

Broken In
Install CWM. First charge to 100%, reboot and enter recovery and WIPE BATTERY STATS. As soon as you do that, reboot and STOP CHARGING.

Should fix the issue. I had it too.

can i enter into recovery mode witout installing CWM and wipe battery stats.?

Initially, when i bought funbook, there was no problem of switching off even at 4%, but slowly this problem is creeping in switches off at various level 20%, 15% 14% etc sometimes at 22-25% as well

guys how can i remove CWM?

shubhamjain3120

^^And that's absolutely how to post a new post :)

Now, please be brief and mention what did you removed. If you have removed any system app on which Camera app is dependent it may stop working.

See i did remove the bloat ware that education and games part which not removed completely but showed unfortunately .... had stopped and now the same thing is happening with my camera.

@shubhamjain3120 Reset it. WIll fix it.

Check if 3rd party apps like this Panorama App can use it.

Did you try restarting Device?
Yes i did reset it, 2 times!!!
This happened with me i installed scan life and when i used to open it it used to tell me that camera is in use stop it, i closed all the apps but the problem persisted so i had to remove scan life, And now my BLOODY **** CAMERA IS SHOWING, " Unfortunately camera has stopped working".

vicky9

Micromax Funbook Disconnecting Problem

Hi all,
I have funbook and i am facing a strange problem of disconnecting wifi,usb and also usb dongle when my funbook goes to sleep. I have gone through the always on setting of wifi and also tried wifi fixer etc app's but the problem is still. Can anyone help me ??
Thanks in advance.

techlover

In the zone
Unable to start camera app says "unfourtunetly camera has stop" I'm on stock rom please help
Thanks in advance

happened with me too , but after i restarted the tab it worked fine again :)

hold the power button and shut down the tab and then restart :)

Robin Hood

Just Do It
can i enter into recovery mode witout installing CWM and wipe battery stats.?

Initially, when i bought funbook, there was no problem of switching off even at 4%, but slowly this problem is creeping in switches off at various level 20%, 15% 14% etc sometimes at 22-25% as well

guys how can i remove CWM?

Guyz please dont hope that installing custom ROM would fix your issues. I already talked to Micromax CC and they admit that alot of FBs having the same problem and it needs a battery replacement. I am about to send ma FB by tomorrow. Mine had problems @20% first and it gradually increased to 30, 40 and now its getting switched off @ around 55%.

vicks619

Broken In
Guyz please dont hope that installing custom ROM would fix your issues. I already talked to Micromax CC and they admit that alot of FBs having the same problem and it needs a battery replacement. I am about to send ma FB by tomorrow. Mine had problems @20% first and it gradually increased to 30, 40 and now its getting switched off @ around 55%.

I have not installed any custom rom, just installed superuser, android terminal, ES file exlporer to get the CWM, as people were saying wiping battery sats will solve the problem, but of no use. so i want to know how to unistall cwm so i can go the service centre to show the problem

nginx

In the zone
I think the funbook is incapable of pulling more than 0.8A while charging via the MiniUSB port. I am not charging via computer USB port, so no question of current supply restriction. I am using a DC regulator I built myself and its capable of supplying over 4A current.

The highest I have seen the FB pull is 0.78A and that's when playing Angry Birds. When the tab is switched off or in sleep mode, current draw for charging is stable at 0.58A.

I am very interested in knowing whether the proprietary DC-IN port can pull more current. Does anyone know what type of connector it is and where I can get one? Its slightly thicker than a Nokia 2mm connector but not as thick as a 3.5mm connector.

nginx

In the zone
How does this compare with HCL's ME?

Specwise its quite clear that the Funbook is the winner by a fair margin. FB is also much cheaper. The only thing going for the ME U1 is its 3600mah battery which is impressive.

bloodvayne

I think the funbook is incapable of pulling more than 0.8A while charging via the MiniUSB port. I am not charging via computer USB port, so no question of current supply restriction. I am using a DC regulator I built myself and its capable of supplying over 4A current.

The highest I have seen the FB pull is 0.78A and that's when playing Angry Birds. When the tab is switched off or in sleep mode, current draw for charging is stable at 0.58A.

I am very interested in knowing whether the proprietary DC-IN port can pull more current. Does anyone know what type of connector it is and where I can get one? Its slightly thicker than a Nokia 2mm connector but not as thick as a 3.5mm connector.

I can't seem to find the connector type... But I use a universal charger and the Nokia 2mm connector seems to work, ( I hooked it up to a 5v/2a adapter). It charges quite well, faster than via MiniUSB but still slower than dc-in, and about 5 hours to fully charge.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
^Screen quality and dongle support? HCL has a better screen and all dongles support.

searchingheaven

Broken In
Specwise its quite clear that the Funbook is the winner by a fair margin. FB is also much cheaper. The only thing going for the ME U1 is its 3600mah battery which is impressive.

Not only spec wise, Me does not have access to Google Play, no USB ON THE GO, and Cost is much higher than funbook. Funbook also has LAN support.

^Screen quality and dongle support? HCL has a better screen and all dongles support.

Screen is more or less the same in both. While i dont know about dongle support, there are many sites which claim that any dongle can be used with funbook. Some youtube videos even show it happening. Google it and you will know.

Has anyone tried using the LAN feature of funbook with a SR9600 chinese adapter. Its not working with it. While other adapters like iBall's works awesome.

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
Yesterday my fb shut down @ 20% batt, first time ever, damn it.

usmslm102

happened with me too , but after i restarted the tab it worked fine again :)

hold the power button and shut down the tab and then restart :)

I try everything but not working..
Any other solution ..
thanks in advance

techofreako

Tech is my oxYgen
Its screen resolution is 800x480, which is very less...
as compared to its 7 inch screen size having 16:9 ratio..
Is there any way to adjust its resolution to 1600x900..

Thanks.. :)

(As I don't own android device, i don't know much about android) :-(