Micromax Funbook

Terabyte

In the zone
Thank u.. can you also let know what is the latest custom ROM available?
Following custom ROMs are available for Funbook :
1. [ROM][Funbook]CyanBook v0.4 -CM9 Based [05-07-2012]
2. [ROM] Fun Series v3.0 - Custom Rom for Micromax Funbook ICS 4.0.3 [20.06.2012]
3. [ROM][ICS 4.0.3] JetMOD™ 5.0|Funbook|Beats Audio|xLoud|Smooth scroll| Adrenaline
4. Kangbook - AOKP Rom for Micromax Funbook

I am currently using Cyanbook v0.4(its very stable), since haven't used other ROMs can't comment on them.

Hope this helps! :thumbs:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Another good news for Fun Series users, Akhil has got a way out to remove that Green Android boot logo for those who need to claim warranty :)

Check Out : [ROM] Fun Series v3.0 - Custom Rom for Micromax Funbook ICS 4.0.3 [20.06.2012] - xda-developers

Fix : Micromax Boot Logo Fix.zip

Terabyte

In the zone
Another good news for Fun Series users, Akhil has got a way out to remove that Green Android boot logo for those who need to claim warranty :)

Check Out : [ROM] Fun Series v3.0 - Custom Rom for Micromax Funbook ICS 4.0.3 [20.06.2012] - xda-developers

Fix : Micromax Boot Logo Fix.zip

That's great news! So now we can try this ROM without worrying I guess.

BTW I just noticed the Documents to go app which came with the stock ROM was indeed full version which costs some 850 bucks otherwise. For those on custom ROM should simply install the documents.apk from stock ROM ;)

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well I bought it when it was in offer. Got it for Rs. 54/-

Yes you can try out Momo9 and it's derived ROM's without any hesitation now. :)

ponraj

Right off the assembly line
tried to install custom recovery so used sparky root but this crap unrooted my device.how to get my root back pls help...

abhishekkai08

Broken In
guys, somehow the serial number of my fun book is listed as unknown in about tablet->status. i found this out when i went to the service center and he won't take it now. but i flashed fun series rom and the tab is now working fine...but why the serial number went missing?? i purchased the device in about 4-5 days when it was launched. for people who bought it then, is the serial number listed?

Terabyte

In the zone
Well I bought it when it was in offer. Got it for Rs. 54/-

Yes you can try out Momo9 and it's derived ROM's without any hesitation now. :)

Great price to get it at. IMO its the best office suite out there for our tab specifically.

Won't be free for some time now so will have a go at other ROMs later for sure :)

Terabyte

In the zone
can you suggest a good pdf editor and data manager for internet over wifi

For PDF reader I would recommend EZPDF Reader. Its paid though.
There are many free alternatives like Adobe Reader, PDF to go(comes with Documents to go)

I don't use data manager so no idea about them.

bloodvayne

Hi! I currently use Cyanbook 0.4 ... it's a shame karndev discontinued development... Any ideas for another OS to jump to if updates come?

Sticking with Cyanbook though now, it's quite stable and fast with 60+ apps for me :razz:

Terabyte

In the zone
Any ideas for another OS to jump to if updates come?
You mean ROM?
You can try Kangbook ROM if you want, that too is customizable like Cyanbook.
Although I would recommend you to stick with Cyanbook for a while because its stable and nothing to complain about :cool:

BTW karndev may resume Cyanbook development later but not anytime sooner. So :Fingerx:

tkin

Back to school!!
Funbook is very nice device so far, but the 512MB ram sucks, every 1/2 hour I have to kill a dozen tasks just to get above 100MB free.

Terabyte

In the zone
Funbook is very nice device so far, but the 512MB ram sucks, every 1/2 hour I have to kill a dozen tasks just to get above 100MB free.
Why would you want to have 100MB of free RAM?
Also there are plenty of articles mentioning how RAM management is done by Android, so I would recommend you to read that first if you haven't done so.
In Android users simply don't need to worry about running out of RAM, Android will help you out with it.
Killing tasks may hamper the battery life of your device. So I would say kill the tasks only if you get out of memory warning.

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
Guys , planning to get FB
is the screen guard provided with it is good enough to be used permanently

if not suggest some under 200 bucks (no ebay links)...
i got one for my mobile for 30 bucks...works like a charm...no scratches yet
i think anything above that is plain stupid
FK is selling it for 600 bucks...come on... is it worth that much money...its plain ripoff

bmsanju

my funbook gets switched off reaching 35% of battery life anyone help me out resolving this issue......................

bloodvayne

my funbook gets switched off reaching 35% of battery life anyone help me out resolving this issue......................

I'm not sure... On mine (different brand, but same internals as funbook) I get a warning at 15% battery life, and then 5%, and then it turns off if I get any lower.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

Install CWM. First charge to 100%, reboot and enter recovery and WIPE BATTERY STATS. As soon as you do that, reboot and STOP CHARGING.

Should fix the issue. I had it too.