Metro: Last Light

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Finished the game , got bad ending , its one of the best atmospheric game i have played , yet there are some flaws in this game

1) Artyom voice was perfect in metro 2033 , it suited the character so well . Hearing a different voice from same character made me upset
2) first half of the game was awesome , but last 1/3rd part was little boring .
3) too much bullets ( though i was playing in normal difficulty , but i have also played metro 2033 in normal in which each bullet we fired was precious )

Apart from that , game was awesome , 9/10 for me . If anyone haven't played metro 2033 , they should definitely try it .

Piyush

Lanaya
Finished the game , got bad ending , its one of the best atmospheric game i have played , yet there are some flaws in this game

1) Artyom voice was perfect in metro 2033 , it suited the character so well . Hearing a different voice from same character made me upset
2) first half of the game was awesome , but last 1/3rd part was little boring .
3) too much bullets ( though i was playing in normal difficulty , but i have also played metro 2033 in normal in which each bullet we fired was precious )
1. Agreed totally
2. I enjoyed all of the game equally :)
3. Agreed
I m on last chapter now the Boss Fight with Mother Bear was long (wasted too much ammo) :machinegun:

There was a certain way to defeat this giant animal. Dont remember correctly, but is this the same animal which we encounter in graveyard or something, where the nosalis are attacking on its back?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
^Yep...

I used the semiauto shotgun on it... dont exactly remember how i did it, but i remember the shotgun :D

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Artyom only speaked while narrating the story...while in game interactions he was dumb... :-x

There was a certain way to defeat this giant animal. Dont remember correctly, but is this the same animal which we encounter in graveyard or something, where the nosalis are attacking on its back?
yes its the mother bear & we encounter this only once...
its back is the weakest part...still I fired many rounds on it :machinegun2:
before it a similar one is the Rhino which was easier than this

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
OMG ! that mother bear .. I almost emptied all the shells on her and thought this boss fight is nvere going to end but when I had only about 18 shells remaining I 0wn3d that bear ;-)

Piyush

Lanaya
The trick ws to shoot at her back when nosalis were attacking her.

The most annoying creature/boss I met was that tentacle monster in the swamp (just before when we are about to go inside church)

Zangetsu

Finally Completed and got the Good Ending

Another gem in Metro Series...as good as Metro 2033
Graphics is more detailed & u will need a Ultra Rig to run all high @30fps
Everything is detailed in quality character models,weapons,monsters,NPC,objects etc etc.
Stages are designed so well...wiping of gas mask is new & also the water droplets on it & houseflies buzzing and sticking is highly detailed one (amazing)

Sound effect is superb...I'll not say its a survival-horror but its a horror fps for sure.going through 'No mans land' & ruins is creepy when accompanied by darkness & background noises (I got freaked out with sound of siren which is u hear in marshlands)

Story is also good..in continuation with 2033 but 2033 was better in it.

Enemies are not much & u wont be limited to bullets if u play it on Normal difficulty.
in Metro 2033 we had golden bullets but in Last Light we have military-grade rounds which is plenty to collect.
(but I liked the power & strength of golden bullets in Metro 2033 while killing the Librarian)
Weapons customization & trading is nice addon.

Gameplay is excellent & there are no camera angle issues...bugs u will find some (ignorable)

The gameplay is huge (30 chapters) & u will definitely enjoy roaming in Metro tunnels.
I liked the stealth killing :hitman: here but also got in berserk mode when got bored with too much silence killing (grenade,sniper,machine-gun...bang bang :sniper: :machinegun2: :enforcer2:)

Boss fights are only two..last one is quite lengthy :yaaawwn:

There are two ending (Good & Bad)..I got the good ending.
and I can tell u that all it depends upon your Morality Points which u earn during missions.the more the points the good ending u get else bad ending.

Note: Killing enemies from behind instead of knocking doesn't matter in morality points.

All in all a must play game for Metro lovers...

My Rating: 9/10

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I mostly agree with your review but even on Hardcore the enemy AI was plain dumb ;-) but I'll try this once more in Normal diificulty to get the so called "good" ending and of-course to play the faction pack DLC.

Zangetsu

I mostly agree with your review but even on Hardcore the enemy AI was plain dumb ;-) but I'll try this once more in Normal diificulty to get the so called "good" ending and of-course to play the faction pack DLC.

anybody played the DLC?

digit1191

In the zone
I just finished the game. It was awesome! Intense man!!!

But I still feel 2033 had a scarier atmosphere.. This was only about 60% scary when compared to 2033..

Got the bad ending :(

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
you played in which difficulty mode ? and this is just normal ending - not bad or good ;-)

digit1191

In the zone
I played in Normal. And it actually felt like COD :p (I had plenty bullets).

in 2033 there was such a scarcity of bullets my god :D

Edit: And I felt that killing enemies will a 1 or 2 headshots was v easy. Not much of a challenge

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Has Metro last light superior graphics to that of 2033??, am currently playing the former one in ultra settings, this game is one hungry hog in terms of that ( still maxed out though max 71fps, min 33fps) , visuals are something which i can call "rusty retrospective" of a game made with modern day Graphics element. Phyx did a great job though. But character expressions and models are somewhat stereo, given the fact that there are marvelous examples of how it evolved in latest games.

digit1191

In the zone
Last Light definitely has superior visuals and atmosphere. It's sometimes has 'daylight' so it is not that scary when compared to 2033 :p .

The day sequences are especially visually stunning.

Top Bottom