vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
What I feel is, the leap that was there between ME and ME2 despite being in the same generation, isn't just there here in ME3. Probably they would have hit the ceiling.

varunb

Working in an IT company
BioWare details Mass Effect 3′s Galaxy at War system

In a post on the BioWare forums, Chris Priestly revealed that the co-op missions, while not not part of the solo experience, “will have a direct impact on the outcome of the single player campaign, giving players an alternative method of achieving ultimate victory” against the Reapers.

This ability to influence the outcome of the story is called the Galaxy at War system, and will impact your solo campaign’s “Galactic Readiness” level.

The co-op missions apparently form just one part of this system, with “other platforms and interfaces” to be announced soon.

“It is important to note that the system is entirely optional and just another way players can have control over your game experience – it is still possible to achieve the optimal, complete ending of the game in Mass Effect 3 through single-player alone,” Priestly assured readers.

In an extensive FAQ, BioWare addressed common criticisms of the the undetailed multiplayer, commenting that it had gone for co-op over versus modes so that multiplayer “made sense and did not compromise the power of the single player campaign”.

“Our priority and focus with Mass Effect 3 has and always will be to deliver a complete and satisfying single player experience,” the post reads, going on to comment that no development resources were reassigned as a result.

“A dedicated team from our recently formed BioWare Montreal studio has been focused on creating the multiplayer game features while the main game continued to be developed by the team in BioWare Edmonton. Both teams are integrated under the same leadership group that produced Mass Effect 1 and 2, led by Casey Hudson.”

Speaking of leadership, the beloved Commander Shepard does not make an appearance in the multiplayer missions.

“Commander Shepard’s part in the war will take place in the single-player campaign, as will that of other beloved characters in the franchise such as Garrus, Ashley, and Liara…these characters do not appear in the multiplayer missions.

“In multiplayer, players will create custom characters to fight on different and unique fronts in the war. This will include the ability to play as favorites like Turians, Krogans, Asari and more… each with their own unique set of abilities.”

gameranand

Living to Play
Well ME2 was awesome game but it had some drawbacks. Whenever you see there are some places where you can take cover means that a fight is there and then we had that godforsaken mining system and some more but still it was huge improvement over previous game and it was one hell of a game.

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
“Our priority and focus with Mass Effect 3 has and always will be to deliver a complete and satisfying single player experience,”
I am now satisfied with this comment. :)
I don't care about anything else if Single player is Solid. :p

gameranand

Living to Play
Quite nice addition but I would have liked it in future games. Still I just hope that I get an awesome singleplayer experience.

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Mass Effect 3 demo will launch in January 2012 with both single-player and multiplayer components.

BioWare's Community & Social Media Manager Jessica Merizan said on Thursday that Mass Effect 3 will have a pre-release demo in January 2012 offering both single-player and multiplayer options. Gamers who redeem their Online Pass for Battlefield 3 will get early access to the multiplayer portion, but the single-player aspect will be open to all at the demo's launch.

"Owners of Battlefield 3, on any platform, who activate their Online Pass will automatically be granted early access to the multiplayer portion of the Mass Effect 3 demo," Merizan said. "There is no need to enter any other codes, the early access will be applied to the EA Account associated with the Online Pass. Note: BF3 Origin Customers automatically have the BF3 Online Pass."

The exact date of the demo launch will be announced in late November, and the length of the early access period is yet to be determined. Merizan said there will also be another program allowing players and fans of the Mass Effect franchise to unlock early access to the multiplayer portion with no purchase necessary – this will also be announced in late November or early December.

Merizan also added that there will be a tool posted on BioWare | Mass Effect 3 allowing players to check if their EA account has been granted the early access.

Mass Effect 3 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC will arrive on store shelves March 6, 2012.

Source: Tomshardware

gameranand

Living to Play
I think they are gonna close down the story of commander shepherd in ME3.
But I maybe wrong.. :p

You are right. They are going to close Shepard's chapter from ME universe. After ME3 we won't see our commander may be we will get a new protagonist. This has been announced by bioware many times.

varunb

Working in an IT company
Mass Effect 3 N7 Collector's Edition includes bonus character and mission

The requisite Mass Effect 3 collector's edition has just gotten the tiniest bit bigger. A new video highlights the contents of the upcoming $80 bundle: a metal case featuring both male and female versions of Commander Shepard, a 70-page hardbound art book, a limited edition comic by Dark Horse, a fabric N7 patch, and a 4x6 lithographic print.

The digital bonuses include four additional weapons, the Squadmate Alternate Outfit Pack, a digital N7 hoodie for Shepard to wear on the Normandy, and a digital soundtrack. Perhaps the most novel addition of all: a robotic dog for you to play with while on board the Normandy. But, there's another bit of content BioWare's adding for the collection: a new character and mission.

Below is the promotional video where you will discover another squadmate's appearance. So be sure to pause & watch the trailer :wink::

[YOUTUBE]VXMzRLI9yrg[/YOUTUBE]

Credits to Shacknews

varunb

Working in an IT company
Physical and digital forms of Mass Effect 3 PC to require Origin

Bioware’s Chris Priestly has confirmed on the firm’s forum that Mass Effect 3 on PC will, as suspected, require Origin and will not “initially” be made available on Steam.

“Origin is required for all PC editions of Mass Effect 3, physical or digital,” wrote Priestly in a post regarding frequently asked questions. “Mass Effect 3 will require a one time, single authorization for the single player game. There is no limit to the number of installs. Playing Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer will require a constant connection.”

He goes on to say that during the game’s “initial release” it will be made available through other digital PC retailers, but not on Steam due to “a set of restrictive terms of service which limit how developers interact with customers to deliver patches and other downloadable content.”

“We are intent on providing Mass Effect to players with the best possible experience no matter where they purchase or play their game, and are happy to partner with any download service that does not restrict our ability to connect directly with our consumers,” said Priestly.

Obvious news, but still something you should be made aware of.

Mass Effect 3 launches on March 6 in North America and March 9 in Europe. TBH, Origin is not a problem once the game is up & running. Also I believe that the problem that had been plaguing Origin in which the entire installation would get deleted has been fixed.

varunb

Working in an IT company
How the hell did I miss this news !!!

Mass Effect 3 will have a pre-release demo in January 2012. This demo will have both single player and multiplayer sections, giving fans a taste of what's to come on March 6, 2012. Be first to the front lines in the multiplayer section of the Mass Effect 3 demo! Redemption of the Online Pass for Battlefield 3 will unlock this early access.

What are the details of the Mass Effect 3 pre-release demo?

• The Mass Effect 3 pre-release demo will launch in January 2012 (exact date TBA).
  • The demo will include both single-player and multi-player sections.
  • The demo will be released in all regions where the game is

How can I get early access to the multi-player portion of the Mass Effect 3 demo coming in January 2012?

• Owners of Battlefield 3, on any platform, who activate their Online Pass will automatically be granted early access to the multiplayer portion of the Mass Effect 3 demo. There is no need to enter any other codes, the early access will be applied to the EA Account associated with the Online Pass. Note: BF3 Origin Customers automatically have the BF3 Online Pass.
  • This applies to all regions where the demo is released (to be announced)
  • The exact date of the demo launch will be announced in late November
  • There will be another program whereby players and fans of the Mass Effect franchise can unlock this early access (with no purchase necessary) – this will also be announced in late November or early December.
  • There will also be a tool posted on Mass Effect allowing players to check if their EA account has been granted the early access.
  • The length of the early access period is TBA.
  • The single-player section of the demo will be available to all players on day one of the demo launch.

Yippeee..since I got my BF3 copy from Origin so I am already in....:doublethumb::hyper::clap2: