Lumia 930 or an Android again? So confused!!

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
^OMG,
Reviewing the ROM by its name :p Great i would say.
CM is one of the best Custom Roms you can get.If it has bad support only for your S4 doesn't really mean that its the same for Oneplus One.
By the way it has great customization ability to suit according to ones need.
I'd like to say that reconsider it once more..Watch vids and decide about it.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Actually he's not wrong, Cyanogenmod does tend to mess up things.. idk if it was just me but on my previous phone, there were a lot of better roms than Cyanogenmod in terms of performance

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Actually he's not wrong, Cyanogenmod does tend to mess up things.. idk if it was just me but on my previous phone, there were a lot of better roms than Cyanogenmod in terms of performance

Thing is for most phones the first rom to be developed is CM and also the fact that many roms are based on CM albeit improving it also

Buy Windows Phone, be done with it. Yeah that's the "problem" with it.
Buy an Android, ooh you should install that, this and those along with a flashy kernel and a sleek launcher. It's aaaaaall there, oh and you can root and unroot and flash and brick and heat and boil eggs with it. Just sayin'
Since when did everyone become developers?

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
CM is one of the best Custom Roms you can get.
:facepalm:

I don't need to see any videos and all about CM. I have used it. I do not comment about stuffs I don't personally use / experience. CM is the most disgusting thing one could ever use. It's like buying a Ferrari with V12 and altering it with a Tata engine. Disgraceful.
Buy Windows Phone, be done with it. Yeah that's the "problem" with it.
Buy an Android, ooh you should install that, this and those along with a flashy kernel and a sleek launcher. It's aaaaaall there, oh and you can root and unroot and flash and brick and heat and boil eggs with it. Just sayin'
Since when did everyone become developers?
I am toggling, just toggling here and there. And you should not consider myself as one of those crazy kids who just flashes stuffs.

S2 : Used for 16 months, always on Stock ROM. With Siyah kernel. One week of CM usage due to the hype, and it was more than enough for me understand it's brilliance.

S3 : Used for 7 months, as usual stayed on Stock ROM, and Stock kernel too this whole time.

Note 2 : Used for 6+ months. First couple of months with Stock ROM and last four months with Android Rev HD, which was one of most stable and fluid ROM I have ever used. Always was on Stock kernel. Used Perseus for some time, but it's another crappy kernel, like CM ROM. These two should make a nice combo :lol:

S4 : Found that ARHD was not available for this one, so didn't even care to see what custom ROMs are available. Stayed on stock ROM till yesterday when I sold the phone. Used Stock kernel for most part, and Adam for rest of the time. Adam is a stable kernel.

So you can see that I don't give a frak about custom ROMs. However a good kernel from a good dev is really a nice addition. Like Siyah by Gokhanmoral etc. Very few good and trusted developers are there in XDA now, all are just pathetic kids and idiots, indirectly looking for that donation money and keep buying new stuffs.

Anyway, I am looking at M8 now. I am also looking a Z2, but it's build quality is doubtful. And if I indeed switch ecosystem, the Lumia 930. All rolled back at beginning.

I am using the Nokia 1200 at the moment. And I can't be more happy to not see the S4 near me again.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
The problem is the build material. I am not okay with glass on both sides of the phone. Also the drop test video of Z1 by Android Authority scared the hell out of me. I don't like to use cases, so don't say that please. If Z2 is same like Z1, then, well, I will get the M8 eyes closed :|

Well I too hate back covers. They make my phone bulky and widens it

Z2 review- m.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/sony-xperia-z2-1226987/review
Seems Sony fixed your problem
Install custom kernel and rom and it'll be more delicious (doom's kernel and xExistinZ* rom, *spelling mistake expected)

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Well I too hate back covers. They make my phone bulky and widens it

Z2 review- m.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/sony-xperia-z2-1226987/review
Seems Sony fixed your problem
Install custom kernel and rom and it'll be more delicious (doom's kernel and xExistinZ* rom, *spelling mistake expected)
I have already read that review. They didn't cover the build quality part that well, just mentioning that it won't have scratch / bruise marks like Z1 doesn't mean the build quality is great, or it will keep working after a drop or two, unlike Z1. Need to see some drop test videos.

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
[MENTION=255169]whatthefrak[/MENTION]
As far as Iam concerned, according to my experience CM is the best ROM you could get.But depends on personal opinion and taste though.I love the way you can customize though.

And yes M8 is good for you but I suggest you go for Z2 as its all rounder..

Top Bottom