Linux Godfather urges revolt against Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Offtopic: I wonder if I could get the Uncle position. "Uncle Gnu" sounds like a cool name.

goobimama

 Macboy
Uncle position belongs to Uncle Aniruddh (and I don't know for what reason!)

din

Tribal Boy
Uncle Aniruddh - Mac4Lin
Uncle Goobi - Mac (Mod abuse, do NOT take action)
Uncle Din - Non technical stuff
Uncle Filled Void - IRC Uncle
Uncle Praka - OS Uncle + OS ***** Uncle (refer IRC chat ;))
and so on ......

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Er! looks like me veered the thread off track. Sorry!

/me will move this to OSS section to discuss more on grannies and dadas, if the need be.

Jayanth.M.P

Journeyman
first of all ,it is impossible to have analogies for FOSS. kabab eg and all dont work!

I think ,it is because most of you are addicted to window$ that you feel like defending it!.true?

what you ppl are trying is to equate FOSS to be fit on to it(M$ ecosystem).

but FOSS means ,another complete new ecosystem which is like democracy.when the shift is completed ,new paths sure opens. FOSS is not about stealing developers roti.

below site discusses some ways:
*follars.com

FOSS/ OSS in no way similar to democracy. Its a nice concept with practical application in SOME situations, not everywhere.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Can "some" people, including a "mod", stop the offtopic "uncle" posts... baah.. people just fancy calling others "uncle"...

Charan...
Bahut hasi aa rahi hai...???

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Somebody seriously needs to do a really good article in simple english on what Open Source is all about. All that you can do with Open Source. And all that you can't do with Open source. And everything that comes in between…
Open source is a development method for software that harnesses the power of distributed peer review and transparency of process. The promise of open source is better quality, higher reliability, more flexibility, lower cost, and an end to predatory vendor lock-in.

The Open Source Definition

aniket.awati

I am the Legend.........
1. Damn 7:30 AM classes.

2. How is that relevant to my post?

3. I know of 3 free lance writers who earn more than some well experienced TOI & HT writers. Should all HT & TOI writers become free lance writers?

4. Please let me know where does he have this full time job where the company pays him 4 times more than an MS employee.

5. Please specify which MS employee bracket you are referring to. Steve Ballmer & Ray Ozzie too are MS employees.

True True.
My only problem with OSS is that what would you do with security?
If you have the code, any dedicated criminal will love it.

^beta ,you are not at all getting the concept of Open Source and the process.Open source means those codes are scrutinized by millions of eyes around the world for vulnerabilities and bug fixes very fast.while closed source like window$ is about not fixing bugs as the code is closed one.only when someone attacks the vulnerability will corporations like M$ fixes bugs!.
for more info about FOSS :

*makethemove.net :) good Luck!

^^ billi wapas :p

Anyway, I would once again like to make my position clear:

From Gautham's Book of Human Rights

Every person has the right to use his creativity in a profitable way. Every person has the freedom to create something and make money out of it and ofcourse, own what he made..

BUT, every person does NOT have the right to use his creativity but use it in a way which cheats other people. Nobody has the right to just create something and market it in unethical ways.

Thus, both MS and RMS are wrong.
And I Rule
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.