Lightheadedness, Nausea while playing Borderlands?

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
IMO, BoB is the culprit. Devs try to emulate realism by making the camera go up and down while walking. couple this with fast mouse moments, closed environments and a bad stomach. And we got our answer.

@tkin,

Exactly. I will get this damn thing.. If I lost my way... and moving here and there like a lost puppy.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well in many games I do sweat even though the temp is not high but never got any other problems. Mostly I sweat when I get too intense in the game and playing for like 6-7 hours straight and well its my family members who see that I am sweating I never felt a thing but when they say hey why are you sweating then I kept wondering myself and finally blame it on the game. :))

axes2t2

I am a cat
After every two hour's look out your window at a far away point for a few secs.

Works for me,always.

Piyush

Lanaya
After every two hour's look out your window at a far away point for a few secs.

Works for me,always.

+1
it relaxes our eyes and hence our brain
looking at big green trees also do wonders
it is a fact that looking at natural "green" color relaxes our mind

i look at a big Neem tree touching my balcony(3rd floor)
so it is big

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ No.. you are not getting the point. Given the time and place.. it may strike even after 5 mins of play. (happened to me)

Staring at a greenery after every 5 mins. is not a solution. Ditching the game is.

DarkDante

Journeyman
well damn, i THINK im feeling a headache after reading these messages.. anyways, Take rest for a bout 2-3 days and then try playing, if it still isnt helping the situation, then well, no idea..

Alok

Adventurer
Well i had never faced such thing.
But my parents always warns me of similar things when they see me on my pc or mobile above 5 hours.
But i'll take care in future cause without my eyes no graphics card values.

OP
funkysourav

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
TRying to mess around with the settings in borderlands
got a nice tweak tool from gearbox forums, but the damn thing failed to change the FOV and 3rd person view
However it did reduce the black outlines and some other settings
No lightheadedness now :)

now i have to enable the third person view and change key bindings using the tutorial
hope this works

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Dear Kidney stone folks... Continue the discussion here.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/community-discussions/142761-drinking-water-kidney-stones.html

doomgiver

Warframe
i get the same symptoms while watching my brother play games (i usually dont get them when im playing myself, only while watching the games as a viewer)

i almost always get sick when watching soldier of fortune 2, igi, and nfs carbon.

gameranand

Living to Play
doomgiver said:
i get the same symptoms while watching my brother play games (i usually dont get them when im playing myself, only while watching the games as a viewer)

i almost always get sick when watching soldier of fortune 2, igi, and nfs carbon.
Don't let him play any game ever. You health is more important. :)):D:D

doomgiver

Warframe
it hits within a few seconds. i was surprised the first time, i thought i had played too much and had a headache, lol.

only a few games do this, and its not the gore, im sure.

tkin

Back to school!!

I have a theory for that, when you are playing games you know which route you are taking, you can predict the movements, but when somebody plays it you have no idea about the next step, you end up looking in opposite direction to where the person is going, your mind can not cope with it and you get nausea and headache.

axes2t2

I am a cat
Do this after playing for a while

[YOUTUBE]Nvi1ZeV_LSg[/YOUTUBE]

Like a boss

Oh and I hate motion blur in games.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Wow! I thought it was just me who had problem with borderlands. Though I didnt have any serious problems like you did, but it just didnt feel right. I mean, I never had any kinda problem (except for once, with age of mythology and myself to blame for playing nonstop, coz of which I fell down unconciously :p ) but stopped playing borderlands.

Anyway, do some yoga and eat carrots everyday, that would help :D

doomgiver

Warframe
I have a theory for that, when you are playing games you know which route you are taking, you can predict the movements, but when somebody plays it you have no idea about the next step, you end up looking in opposite direction to where the person is going, your mind can not cope with it and you get nausea and headache.

that is deep stuff, man, really deep, i mean, even Leo will have to go deeper to understand it.

it kinda makes sense, the brain likes order and harmony(???)

Top Bottom