• Mac OS X Leopard

Votes: 23 37.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Here's something that just found its way into my inbox today:
I have to buy HP Laptop with cr@p Windows Vista Home Premium.
I have to format it on second day.

I installed Vista 4 times in a day on that.
The guy who sent this to me has never used a Mac so it's not that he has a biased opinion or anything. He bought a Vista notebook, probably hoping to enjoy it, and this is what he had to contend with. What's a poor guy to do! Who's to blame?

The Mac has won.

faraaz

Evil Genius
Just because Mac is idiot-proof doesnt mean its necessarily better than Vista...sure Vista has its problems, but you can do stuff in Vista you cant on Mac. Now don't get me wrong, I'm a Linux fanboy through and through and hate Micro$oft as much as the next zealot...but here's the thing...Apple & Mac are so restrictive, heavy handed and limited in their scope & perspective, that compared to them even Microsoft rocks.

If all you want to do is surf the net, listen to music & organize your pictures, fine...use a Mac...more power to you. But the only reason I keep a PC around these days is Office apps for University (which HAVE to work with MS Office) & Games (IIRC NWN2 isn't available for the Mac in India OR in Switzerland...8))

SO yeah...VISTA WINS! :D

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
mac won, mac won, mac one... i know MAC is all alone... This is kind of promoting a huge COMPANY... very weird... I think this is not GOOD!!

I agree if one says APPLE is good, but if someone says nothing is better than APPLE, i cant stand on my toes.. This is TOOOO much..

EDIT: MODS, this is fight club and this place is intended to make this kind of conversation... No meaning in Banning or Warning! No MODS will breach the forum rules!

I'm a THICK SKINNED beast!

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
faraaz said:
Apple & Mac are so restrictive, heavy handed and limited in their scope & perspective, that compared to them even Microsoft rocks.

So what, just look at the UI, it looks so cool :D

If all you want to do is surf the net, listen to music & organize your pictures, fine...use a Mac...more power to you.

If thats all u want then why not switch to Linux on a Cheap Laptop & compile the OS & packages for extreme performance. That will beat both Windows XP & Mac in perforamnce, isn't it.

shantanu

Technomancer
giga: did i mention any kind of ban or something.. ? this is fight club , but the fight should also be in rules.. :p

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
faraaz said:
If all you want to do is surf the net, listen to music & organize your pictures, fine...use a Mac...more power to you.
LOL! No point debating with someone who has such a restricted mentality.

The millions of Mac users in this world are only surfing the web and listening to music while they organise their pictures? Riiight... :rolleyes:

faraaz

Evil Genius
@arya: For your reference (I know Mac users have trouble with boring things like dictionaries...8))

Sarcasm[A] is the sneering, jesting, or mocking of a person, situation or thing. It is strongly associated with irony, with some definitions classifying it as a type of verbal irony intended to insult or wound[1][2][3][4][5][6][7] — stating the opposite of the intended meaning, e.g. using "that's fantastic" to mean "that's awful".

You are welcome! :)

@gx_saurav:
If thats all u want then why not switch to Linux on a Cheap Laptop & compile the OS & packages for extreme performance. That will beat both Windows XP & Mac in perforamnce, isn't it.

You talking to me? I already use Ubuntu...:)

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
@ shantanu... yeah yeah.. i know the rules in fight club... i just wanted to be clear. coz someone was banned by some staff members for some silly fight :rolleyes:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Exactly the sort of outlook you don't want to encourage in someone. I've never ridden a Pulsar so Karizma is the best... :rolleyes:

faraaz

Evil Genius
@Arya: Sure...but I've used OS X on a MacBook Pro, and I definitely didn't like it...its about as intuitive as Ubuntu 7.10...

Rajesh Pandey

Right off the assembly line
aryayush said:
Exactly the sort of outlook you don't want to encourage in someone. I've never ridden a Pulsar so Karizma is the best... :rolleyes:

You should belive in the theory of What You Have is the best similarly what you have used is the best !

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I knew someone would come up with this question.

Read newspapers and books. That's my two cents. :)

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
keep your two cents with you, i have 20 cents to throw every minute. . . . .
offtopic,
Ubuntu is way better than leo, :razz:

MAC Rocks! MAC Fans $ucks :D

Before reading the posts of mac fans in this forum, i had some respect towards apple. And after seeing how desperate few mac fans are, and after few said `nothing can beat a mac' i went mad . . .

faraaz

Evil Genius
OMG look at the UI!? Its so cool...but I wonder what visually impaired people have to look forward to on the Mac! Atleast Vista has Accessibility features and has something other than looks going for it...

"Is the UI cool? I can't see...but if its cool, OMG! I just came in my pants!"

Yeah right...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom