Lenovo Ideapad Y500

tkin

Back to school!!
Sorry to burst your bubble, but S03 doesn't heat up, who said it does?

A gift for you, After playing Far Cry 3 for an hour and a half on Ultra on S03, no cooling pad used, just table :
View attachment 9084

btw, it looks very bulky.

P.S. That backlit keyboard is the only advantage you got over Series 5. :p
You mean N550?

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
Sorry to burst your bubble, but S03 doesn't heat up, who said it does?

A gift for you, After playing Far Cry 3 for an hour and a half on Ultra on S03, no cooling pad used, just table :
View attachment 9084

btw, it looks very bulky.

P.S. That backlit keyboard is the only advantage you got over Series 5. :p

Haha!
You are outdated ;)
No offence!

One of my friend has Samsung NP550P5c S02IN & another one has S03IN. I'm just comparing the heating levels of my laptop with those two.

Temperature of S02IN>S03IN>Y500 after playing for few hours... Thats it !!
B.T.W my screen gives better colours n other things compared to Series 5, overall pictures n videos looks better in my laptop than Series 5.

OK guys leave comparing Y500 & Series 5, Y500 costs more than Samsung, so it has to be better.....

Nice short review.
Question : Keyboard back-light customizable?

There are 3 lighting options: off, on but dim lights & on with bright lights. Only red colour....

KyleSforza

Banned
lmao It 'has to be' better just because its more expensive? :-D

Nice logic, but doesn't feel like a proper one. :p

Screen gives better colors and 'other' things? what? :confused:

Its not expensive by far anyways, just 1-2 k difference. ;)

There's also a huge difference between 'has to be better' and 'being better'

Where's the FPS in benchmarks? o.0

Come on man, we're gonna compare the two anyway, Since Lenovo Y500 has only one competitor in market, and that's Series 5. Only that Y500 is bulkier and looks less professional.

Or maybe its not o_O Since S03 performs better -

*img195.imageshack.us/img195/2673/ashampoosnap2013022214h.png

pratyush997

Inactive
One of my friend has Samsung NP550P5c S02IN & another one has S03IN. I'm just comparing the heating levels of my laptop with those two.

Temperature of S02IN>S03IN>Y500 after playing for few hours... Thats it !!
B.T.W my screen gives better colours n other things compared to Series 5, overall pictures n videos looks better in my laptop than Series 5.

OK guys leave comparing Y500 & Series 5, Y500 costs more than Samsung, so it has to be better.....

There are 3 lighting options: off, on but dim lights & on with bright lights. Only red colour....
So Vertu makes better smartphones than other right?
Fvck Logic

KyleSforza

Banned
Le colors :

Y500
*fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/179291_608031659214350_1282144861_n.jpg

S03
*img5.imageshack.us/img5/2786/nfs132013022215231553.jpg

Temps , Lenovo Y500 after 45 mins :
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/reviews/9093d1361511552-lenovo-ideapad-y500-hwmonitor.jpg

S03, after 2 hours :
*img20.imageshack.us/img20/2415/ashampoosnap2013022215h.png

tkin

Back to school!!
This confusion needs to end asap.

The samsung is a jolly good laptop, but the previous series had serious heating issues which samsung never solved completely(for those who claimed service), also severe thermal throttling of the GPU, the newer series is ok as most people claim, but we don't recommend it and even if we do we warn others that there has been such incidents in the past but now everything seems to be ok, and ask buyers to make their judgement, and they usually avoid samsung, once a reputation is lost its very hard to get back.

rider

as Kratos
This is why I generally remain skeptical about Ideapads after sale service and hardware quality.

tkin

Back to school!!
@kylesforza dude, those are screenshots, what does that have to do with colors? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This is why I generally remain skeptical about Ideapads after sale service and hardware quality.
Just like when lenovo replaced the touchpad in days, or when samsung never did anything to fix the heating issue with earlier N550 laptops even after repeated service calls :rolleyes:

rider

as Kratos
And if I talk about service of ideapdads 2-3 years ago. It was cruelly pathetic. There was no onsite with accidental cover like now and to describe response of cc and engineers I have no words to define. One of my friend cheated by company.

tkin

Back to school!!
And if I talk about service of ideapdads 2-3 years ago. It was cruelly pathetic. There was no onsite with accidental cover like now and to describe response of cc and engineers I have no words to define. One of my friend cheated by company.
Just like how Sony used be in Ericsson days, so by your logic Sony is also a bad company, my father got screwed by Ericsson service, so for that I'll never buy sony? And I don't blame samsung service either, I just pointed to you the fallacy of your statement, I only said that N550 used to have heating issues earlier, and hence people tend to avoid it.

rider

as Kratos
It was not fallacy, I know the service is now fine. I'm agree with you that once a reputation is lost its very hard to get back in Indian market.

KyleSforza

Banned
@kylesforza dude, those are screenshots, what does that have to do with colors? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Just like when lenovo replaced the touchpad in days, or when samsung never did anything to fix the heating issue with earlier N550 laptops even after repeated service calls :rolleyes:

Just quality comparison between the two. :cool: Same game, same car, same place.

And yes, the confusion does need to end. Even S02 doesn't heat up anymore. Even though it used to.

S03 - That one never had any heating/throttling issues.

So why target S03 as well when its quality is simply par the Lenovo Y500? :p

Top Bottom