Lava Xolo X900: First Intel-based smartphone. How will it be?

X-jo

Broken In
Excellent review Lava's Intel-based Xolo X900 tested - Mobile Phone | ThinkDigit Features
"The ARM vendors who take Intel seriously will be the ones who survive. Anyone sitting back and pretending x86 is incapable of performing in this space probably won’t. "

awesome benchmarks
*www.thinkdigit.com/FCKeditor/uploads/Sandroid1.jpg
*www.thinkdigit.com/FCKeditor/uploads/RightwareBrowsermark1.jpg
*www.thinkdigit.com/FCKeditor/uploads/SunSpider1.jpg
*www.thinkdigit.com/FCKeditor/uploads/GLBenchmark1.jpg
*www.extremetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/BatteryLIfe.png

LAVA XOLO X900 @ 20k

xolo.in is still selling it for 22k, any idea how adexmart selling it for 2k less?

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
some sites don't update their pricing even months after pricecut. in case of xolo, thats the MRP most probably. official sites always show higher price.

X-jo

Broken In
some sites don't update their pricing even months after pricecut. in case of xolo, thats the MRP most probably. official sites always show higher price.

kewl, thanks for the info.. how is adexmart? is it reliable like flipkart?

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Excellent review Lava's Intel-based Xolo X900 tested - Mobile Phone | ThinkDigit Features
"The ARM vendors who take Intel seriously will be the ones who survive. Anyone sitting back and pretending x86 is incapable of performing in this space probably won’t. "

awesome benchmarks
*www.thinkdigit.com/FCKeditor/uploads/Sandroid1.jpg
*www.thinkdigit.com/FCKeditor/uploads/RightwareBrowsermark1.jpg
*www.thinkdigit.com/FCKeditor/uploads/SunSpider1.jpg
*www.thinkdigit.com/FCKeditor/uploads/GLBenchmark1.jpg
*www.extremetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/BatteryLIfe.png

xolo.in is still selling it for 22k, any idea how adexmart selling it for 2k less?

hehehehe now who was saying "are you serious about the intel phone made by cheap ass indian company lava ? :O " :mrgreen:

sarthak

In the zone
hehehehe now who was saying "are you serious about the intel phone made by cheap ass indian company lava ? :O " :mrgreen:

My only doubt is of Lava's service. We can find Nokia and Samsung service centers everywhere, HTC and Sony at most places. If Lava can do that, open service centers in smaller cities and provide good service then it can be considered as a good option.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
My only doubt is of Lava's service. We can find Nokia and Samsung service centers everywhere, HTC and Sony at most places. If Lava can do that, open service centers in smaller cities and provide good service then it can be considered as a good option.

I dont understand, either i am too lucky or i am gifted :D not one device bought by me has gone to a service center EVER. LOL and i am serious i had a ps2 for 8 years. yes 8 years my brothers ps2 got spoilt in 4 . mine was 8 years old and still no problem. I also have a ps3 almost 4 years old. looks like new . :D

why the hell do you need a service center for products which never get spoilt. ? :cool:

X-jo

Broken In

buhuhahaha they left :razz:

Welcome To Lava Mobiles
here you go, and there are three in Hyderabad too

I dont understand, either i am too lucky or i am gifted :D not one device bought by me has gone to a service center EVER. LOL and i am serious i had a ps2 for 8 years. yes 8 years my brothers ps2 got spoilt in 4 . mine was 8 years old and still no problem. I also have a ps3 almost 4 years old. looks like new . :D

why the hell do you need a service center for products which never get spoilt. ? :cool:

consider yourself very lucky :wink:

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Lava is a new company, and they doing good by bringing this type of devices, every one needs to start from 0 to reach at high level.

people at intel should have done enough research before joining hands with Lava, and bring their first device with Lava, once the company start tasting success it will definately come iwth more service center.

People need to leave mindset like no indian company can do better and challenge other big companies.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!

Seems like good performance on paper... We will see how it performance in real world conditions...

This phone is going to be a flop. Lava does not have a good network of distributers. You cannot beat entrenched players like Samsung, Apple, Nokia..

X-jo

Broken In
Seems like good performance on paper... We will see how it performance in real world conditions...

This phone is going to be a flop. Lava does not have a good network of distributers. You cannot beat entrenched players like Samsung, Apple, Nokia..

Anandtech reviewed it live(in real world conditions) .. they had a working piece with them.

Last edited:

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent

Are you a futureteller, how can you say that this phone will be a flop ?

If intel can trust Lava for their first phone, they will try every thing to make it a success.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Are you a futureteller, how can you say that this phone will be a flop ?

If intel can trust Lava for their first phone, they will try every thing to make it a success.

I am glad that local companies are coming up with such pretty powerful devices. However, I think Intel chose Lava more out of desperation, because AFAIK, no one else wanted Atom.

X-jo

Broken In
I am glad that local companies are coming up with such pretty powerful devices. However, I think Intel chose Lava more out of desperation, because AFAIK, no one else wanted Atom.

desperation? hahaha
have proof that no one else wanted Atom? How is intel now teaming up with Motorola, Lenovo, and France Telecom’s Orange if so? Also Lenovo and Orange will release their Intel phones by May, June.

some of the peeps here itself instead of supporting this are calling it a flop rightaway, no wonder nothing becomes a hit properly in India. I think we shouldn't be having such a mindset and instead we should support this so the next iteration would be a better one and will have a demand outside.

anyways if you check forums like lowyat and all, ppl in china,hong kong are all desperate to get this phone, i think thats more than enuf for the phone to be a needed one.. those who are putting it down in India itself, i dt think that should matter now..

Anyways, lets wait for more reviews.

The price of this phone has already dropped to 18k...

wer did you get this pricing from? sources pls

sarthak

In the zone

You must be really gifted ;) I must have dropped my X3 at least a 100 times. Went to service center 4 or 5 times in 1.5 years

Welcome To Lava Mobiles
here you go, and there are three in Hyderabad too

There service center presence looks good. The only remaining problem would be friends making fun for 'getting a LAVA phone'.

Lava is a new company, and they doing good by bringing this type of devices, every one needs to start from 0 to reach at high level.

people at intel should have done enough research before joining hands with Lava, and bring their first device with Lava, once the company start tasting success it will definately come iwth more service center.

People need to leave mindset like no indian company can do better and challenge other big companies.

+1 to that :)

They are entrenched, and they are good names. It will indeed be very difficult for Lava to fight with them. But we can't say that the phone will fail right now.

I don't think a company like Intel would be desperate.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
LOL for 15k its an absolute iphone killer if the price goes down further and they <LAVA> do some publicity this phone will set better than the galaxy s2

Top Bottom