Laptop Suggestion

RON28

Cyborg Agent
^^^even i was going for a 45k pc, but changed my mind, laptop can run all games at mid settings and i think 7670m will suffice for 3 years after that use it till it becomes dead :p by then we will have gtx675m in laptops for 45k and may be it will be era of INTEL i10 processor with gtx 980 graphic card :D

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Hey if its MCA enjoy coding and tinkering with softwares and linux.

@kisame:thanks,i understood console ports lil lil. And in MCA, i have plans as you said,hope i get time to do all that. Still i don't know how to install linux. Once i tried but couldn't understand some steps.
@RON28:after 3 yrs i will buy killer desktop with my own money. Hope i get time to play on it.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
One more question,can i use my laptop while it is charging? While playing games it will get hot,and i have plugged the cord in switch to charge the laptop,will it create any problem? I have seen in news channels that a laptop just blasted while it was on charge. I don't want to get blow off like this.

kisame

King of Heroes
One more question,can i use my laptop while it is charging? While playing games it will get hot,and i have plugged the cord in switch to charge the laptop,will it create any problem? I have seen in news channels that a laptop just blasted while it was on charge. I don't want to get blow off like this.
Yes.Using laptop while charging is normal.
High temps reduce battery life but I don't think they will blast.The batteries you heard about were defective and nowadays batteries are of good quality as long as they are original.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Do not game on battery. And also do not keep the charging wire connected all the time even when your lappie is fully charged. It reduces battery life.

Sometimes, take out the battery and just run the laptop on power from the mains.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Thank you kisame.
Jripper: "do not game on battery" means remove battery and use mains power to play games,right?
I didn't know till now that we can remove battery and run the laptop just from mains power.

And how much the laptop cooler pad will cost,And which brand is good? I will buy dell inspiron 15R. But after 1 month

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I didn't know till now that we can remove battery and run the laptop just from mains power.
Lol, I can use my phone (LG Optimus One) on direct charging line, pulling out the battery! :D

Well, you can do that with your laptop too. But in this case you would be running your laptop on direct power supply, which theoretically is like running a PC without a UPS. I won't recommend that. :|

PS: It's my assumption. I don't own a laptop (yet).

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Lol, I can use my phone (LG Optimus One) on direct charging line, pulling out the battery! :D

i had a feeling you'll say something like this. You are obsessed by the ghost of Optimus.

Well, you can do that with your laptop too. But in this case you would be running your laptop on direct power supply, which theoretically is like running a PC without a UPS. I won't recommend that. :|

PS: It's my assumption. I don't own a laptop (yet).

yah. a powercut will turn laptop off without properly shutting down laptop.

aroraanant

Explorer
Lol, I can use my phone (LG Optimus One) on direct charging line, pulling out the battery!
i had a feeling you'll say something like this. You are obsessed by the ghost of Optimus.
LOL :D

yah. a powercut will turn laptop off without properly shutting down laptop.
Yah....Exactly, I won't recommend that to anyone unless there is 24hrs power supply which is almost impossible in India these days. :p

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@vyom:don't lol ok. I have tried my mobile from direct mains,it didn't work,so i thought same for laptop too.
But still i don't have answer,can i play games when laptop is connected to mains?

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ If you have an ups then follow this path:-

Mains=>ups=> laptop.

that way even if power cut occurs you will get atleast a few minutes to shut off your lappie. however this is just assuming that you have an ups.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@vyom:don't lol ok. I have tried my mobile from direct mains,it didn't work,so i thought same for laptop too.

Lol? I was loling at my incident where I discovered how my phone could run on direct power supply, just like laptops do. It was funny actually. But that's another story. :D

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Lol? I was loling at my incident where I discovered how my phone could run on direct power supply, just like laptops do. It was funny actually. But that's another story. :D

wokay wokay,i thought you are loling on me.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Can you guys suggest some laptop accessories?
i may buy samsung 550P laptop. So already 50k expense. I can spend not more than 5k on accessories. Laptop cooling pad, external 2.1 speakers(no headphones,headache problem) and xbox controller. Wat you guys recommend? And i have few questions too,like
1.will laptop cooling pad take power from laptop USB?
2.If so then how much battery it will consume during gaming?
3.And is it worth buying 2.1 speakers and xbox controller for laptop?will i able to enjoy gaming with xbox controller in laptop?
shall i make another thread? already my few queries has been answered in this thread. And i was waiting for ivy bridge thats why didn't buy yet.

aroraanant

Explorer
Yes cooling pad will take power from laptop USB but I think the samsung laptop you are buying doesn't need a cooling pad. You can buy it anytime later if you think it is required.And there are many cooling pads ranging from 200-2000Rs and they consume very less battery not much, I guess there will be decrease in around 30mins of battery backup.
There are many 2.1 Speakers, for them you need to have a specific budget and regarding that you can post in the audio section

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@aroraanant:thanks for answering. One more. Wat about xbox controller? I want to enjoy games. And laptop keyboard doesn't seem much comfortable.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
buy a external keyboard rather than controller. i last used controller 8yrs ago when i had a Game Boy. Got burnt up and switched to PC. Now can't handle a controller properly even for games that works better with controller.

Top Bottom