Laptop Suggestion

rider

as Kratos
But i thought of getting a Asus laptop. 2nd choice is Dell. Lenovo is ok but asus has better pricing.

what, why is asus is first? it is overpriced if we compare with new dell's inspron. Asus laptops are not even come with genuine windows 7.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
what, why is asus is first? :shock: it is overpriced if we compare with new dell's inspron. Asus laptops are not even come with genuine windows 7.

oh.like that. In some threads members liked asus k series very much. And asus doesn't seems to have much problems like other brands. But it comes with dos. Otherwise fine and ASS also fine. If dell is having windows 7 with lil price difference (with almost same config) i will go for dell.

aroraanant

Explorer
There are issues with Asus as well.
Many users have reported issues with the display/screen

TheSloth

The Slowest One
There are issues with Asus as well.
Many users have reported issues with the display/screen

then which one you suggest? I am very confused. Dell too have battery problems.later i don't want to regret. I will not buy any laptop until i have my own money. Now father is investing.
I might go for new dell inspiron,they are giving windows 7 too.

aroraanant

Explorer
See there are issues in in almost everything, after all its a electronic device.
And as I always say, you can get everything in everything, one has to compromise on one or the other hand.
Dell seems to be the best option right now.
Or if you can wait then I would suggest you to wait and let the other brands come with IVB processor based laptops.
And even thinkpads are very good.And you can consider sony vaio laptops as well.These are the ones which have the least issues or can say the least failure rates.But sadly they haven't got any upgradation till yet and still they have Sandy bridge processors.
BTW Asus laptops are good too.They were ruling the laptop section on TDF sometime back but now its dell inspiron.
Just don't consider HP,HCL,Toshiba and Lenovo, I am against them.But thats me.Other opinion may differ on that.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@aroraanant: yeah you are right. Something has to be compromise. And i heard sony laptops are very delicate,like if fallen from 1/2 metre then gone. Thinkpads are from lenovo? And yes,i will only buy between dell or asus. But as you said,IVB from other brands yet to come, i am waiting too. But maximum 1 month.

aroraanant

Explorer
Thinkpads are from lenovo but they come in different league.
I don't think sony laptops are that delicate, I own one so I can say that.
In a month hopefully all the brands will come with IVB

TheSloth

The Slowest One
O...k...i will wait. Actually next month i was going to buy a desktop for 50k and then enjoy gaming for atleast 2 yrs but stupid college rule,i have to buy laptop. Anyway thank you very much aroraanant and rider for clearing my doubts. Hope you guys help in selecting laptop when other brand's IVB will come.

rider

as Kratos
Thinkpads are from lenovo but they come in different league.
I don't think sony laptops are that delicate, I own one so I can say that.
In a month hopefully all the brands will come with IVB

Thinkpads are just owned by lenovo. Designing, manufacturing and all is still handled by same IBM team, I think even service department is separate.

Hp laptops are also good in terms of quality, yea previous models use to heat like hell but new one comes with cool sense technology makes it normal laptop (even better than my friends XPS 15).
ASS and all is 10/10 by hp for me they just replace with new part if I say on customer care, they replaced my DVD burner that i broke accidently. :p
But ASAIK new 2012 models by hp are overpriced and having worse conf than 2011 model.

O...k...i will wait. Actually next month i was going to buy a desktop for 50k and then enjoy gaming for atleast 2 yrs but stupid college rule,i have to buy laptop. Anyway thank you very much aroraanant and rider for clearing my doubts. Hope you guys help in selecting laptop when other brand's IVB will come.

For you Dell Inspiron 15R SE would be the best choice. It is a VFM right now, you can wait other models to compete with this in a month or so like hp may launch new dv6 model with GT 650M like they do in US.
Last year in july they launch a better 2GB graphic model 6121tx replacing 6017tx.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Thinkpads are just owned by lenovo. Designing, manufacturing and all is still handled by same IBM team, I think even service department is separate.

Hp laptops are also good in terms of quality, yea previous models use to heat like hell but new one comes with cool sense technology makes it normal laptop (even better than my friends XPS 15).
ASS and all is 10/10 by hp for me they just replace with new part if I say on customer care, they replaced my DVD burner that i broke accidently. :p
But ASAIK new 2012 models by hp are overpriced and having worse conf than 2011 model.

For you Dell Inspiron 15R SE would be the best choice. It is a VFM right now, you can wait other models to compete with this in a month or so like hp may launch new dv6 model with GT 650M like they do in US.
Last year in july they launch a better 2GB graphic model 6121tx replacing 6017tx.

@rider:thank you for clearing doubts and info. But inspiron 15r SE is costly. My budget is 40k without OS. And with OS 45k. Normal edition too VFM,right? If getting good GPU then 46k max. Because i have to buy warranty and cooling pad too. Will cooling pad add few months of battery life?

rider

as Kratos
@rider:thank you for clearing doubts and info. But inspiron 15r SE is costly. My budget is 40k without OS. And with OS 45k. Normal edition too VFM,right? If getting good GPU then 46k max. Because i have to buy warranty and cooling pad too. Will cooling pad add few months of battery life?

As I said all Inspiron 15R are the real VFM in the market. If SEs don't fit in your budget get normal non-special editions. Normal models comes with HD 7670M that is better than GT 630M in performance.
Check this model it fits in your budget LINK

Better to customize with home premium 64bit with 1.7k more, but totally its your choice.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Wokay...thank you rider. Two more question. This one have 7670M GPU,can i play games at high settings? And for how many years this GPU is future proof?

rider

as Kratos
It depends upon the game that you would like to play. Check gaming benchmarks This laptop can play latest games like max payne 3 in low or medium settings. To play in high and future proof you need to arrange more bucks.

kisame

King of Heroes
Wokay...thank you rider. Two more question. This one have 7670M GPU,can i play games at high settings? And for how many years this GPU is future proof?

GPU can play most games on low to mid settings.Forget about high settings.Even 650m have problems with high settings if a good AAA title is thrown at it.A shitty console port is another thing.
Future proof:DDepends on what games you will be playing.In my opinion it is future proof if all we get are console ports.:-D:-D

TheSloth

The Slowest One
That's very very very sad.low or medium! Then no chance for future games. I can't buy desktop cause i will come home every weekends and i can't leave 50k system in hostel. I am stuck.

kisame

King of Heroes
That's very very very sad.low or medium! Then no chance for future games. I can't buy desktop cause i will come home every weekends and i can't leave 50k system in hostel. I am stuck.

Don't let a laptop spoil your fun.Today's advanced tech will be outdated tomorrow.
Also Playing games will be last thing on your mind once you enter college.Most college students play lan games like cs 1.6,nfs mw,etc which is fun IMO.
BTW,what stream are you opting in college???

TheSloth

The Slowest One
GPU can play most games on low to mid settings.Forget about high settings.Even 650m have problems with high settings if a good AAA title is thrown at it.A shitty console port is another thing.
Future proof:DDepends on what games you will be playing.In my opinion it is future proof if all we get are console ports.:-D:-D

thanks kisame. Mid enough for now.no option. My fate. And i play only fifa,nfs,dmc kind games.
Console ports bole to? I googled it,but i couldn't understand your last sentence.

kisame

King of Heroes
thanks kisame. Mid enough for now.no option. My fate. And i play only fifa,nfs,dmc kind games.
Console ports bole to? I googled it,but i couldn't understand your last sentence.

Console ports are the games ported over from consoles.Since consoles have 5+ old hardware,games are developed keeping them as lowest common denominator.And they just make a 'port' for the pc where hardware is vastly superior.I hope you understand.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Don't let a laptop spoil your fun.Today's advanced tech will be outdated tomorrow.
Also Playing games will be last thing on your mind once you enter college.Most college students play lan games like cs 1.6,nfs mw,etc which is fun IMO.
BTW,what stream are you opting in college???

yeah,i want to play on LAN now. Enough AI. But on desktop,22" screen,awesome. Now on 15" :(
i have completed BCA. Now MCA.