Language learners' discussion thread !! :D

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I was very much fascinated about different cultures around the globe & also inside india [infact the land of different culture & languages].

1). Oriya [Read, Speak & Write]
2). Hindi [Read, Speak & Write]
3). English [Read, Speak & Write]
4). Deutsch / German [Read, Speak & Write]
5). Bangla / Bengali [Speak]
6). Telugu [Speak]
7). Tamil [Speak, i can manage]
8). Kannada [Speak, i can manage]
9). Spanish [Learning from GF.]
10). Japanese [Read, Write & Speak - On training actually]

I can speak/sing songs in Bhojpuri as well as Sambalpuri also, this two languages were always fun for me to learn.

lol..!! That's huge :)

OP
icebags

icebags

Technomancer
I was very much fascinated about different cultures around the globe & also inside india [infact the land of different culture & languages].

1). Oriya [Read, Speak & Write]
2). Hindi [Read, Speak & Write]
3). English [Read, Speak & Write]
4). Deutsch / German [Read, Speak & Write]
5). Bangla / Bengali [Speak]
6). Telugu [Speak]
7). Tamil [Speak, i can manage]
8). Kannada [Speak, i can manage]
9). Spanish [Learning from GF.]
10). Japanese [Read, Write & Speak - On training actually]

I can speak/sing songs in Bhojpuri as well as Sambalpuri also, this two languages were always fun for me to learn.

you sir, are a jewel. *l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/43.gif
you will probably never run out of job if take a translator career in some demanding languages.

I wanted to learn:
1. Mandarin
2. Hindi [to speak/ understand]

^^ Can I get guidance here ? ? ?

what kind of guidance you seek ? its all about personal thirst, all we can do is help, by trying to provide the answer you lookfor. :wink:

guys any one knows any free website for German learning???

google showed this as search result. wwhy don't you check it out for some lessons and tell us if its helping ? :razz:

*www.deutsch-lernen.com/

Okay, Thanks. List some more songs too, bro.

[YOUTUBE]J_XA5YDSwqU[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
lol..!! That's huge :)

you sir, are a jewel. *l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/43.gif
you will probably never run out of job if take a translator career in some demanding languages.

Seriously, knowing a number of language is always an added advantage not only in regional areas also in international.

My Job made me learn Deutsch & japanese [Lots & lots of tech-specs, datasheets, reports & customer interactions]. GF- Spanish.

Bengali is something which is similar to Oriya & Oriya is my mother tongue [mutter sprache].

Telugu, Tamil & Kannada after staying in Bangalore & Coimbatore.

Last edited:

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
Traveled almost whole of India and stayed among different cultures and thus learnt many languages
1. ENGLISH - School [Read, Write,Understand, Speak]
2. HINDI - School, Mother tongue [Read, Write,Understand, Speak]
3. GUJARATI - School, Ahmedabad, Baroda [Read, Write,Understand, Speak]
4. MARATHI - School, Pune, Panchgani [Read, Write,Understand, Speak]
5. FRENCH - School, Class X boards [Read, Write,Understand, Speak]
6. MALAYALAM - Neighbour [Understand, Speak]

Anish

Spectre
icebags said:
what kind of guidance you seek ? its all about personal thirst, all we can do is help, by trying to provide the answer you lookfor.
Dude, my first goal is to learn to speak hindi fluently and to understand hindi when heard or listened. I tried many ways (books like speak hindi in 30 days :mrgreen: ) but in vain.
I also do not have guys here around me who know hindi! Any suggestion/resource where to start?

OP
icebags

icebags

Technomancer
^^ yes. start watching movies. and get hooked to saas-bahu serials and danse with the songs of md rafi / koshore kumar / avijit / shaan / shreya .....

try to memorize the dialogues that appear appealing to you. write them down and then get them verified and explained by somebody here there or anywhere else.

that's how we bengalis learn hindi.

good luck.

Somewhat. But for better understanding you need to learn both.

See, Bengali, Oriya, Assamese are same type of language.

It's as similar as like Bihari (Any Bihari language) and Hindi. :p

assamese is closer, even if we don't understand what they say, we can read and understand what they write. oriya is near, but a little far.

see, nanducob, bengali wrting is kinda straight forward, contains straight lines and curves much like devnagari style (different letter but similar structure). but from odissa the letters start circling, then further you go south the more circular it gets, and in tamil, god knows where the circling ends.
:|

still, if some little intro is given to a bengali, he/she can start reading oriya straight away.

and i donno about manipuri, but they write using bengali alphabets, i need to try some one day.

Last edited:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well I'm not saying about Writing. Knowing bengali letters won't help you to read Odiya.

But understanding Bengali can help you understanding Odiya and Assamese and vice-versa.

Anyway, lets not go OT discussing all these :p

OP
icebags

icebags

Technomancer
no, no its not OT at all, let people learn through discussion.

alphabet chart: i see many similarities, too easy to understand than telegu, dont u ? :razz:
*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/81/Oriya_VowelComp.gif

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/ce/Oriya_ConsComp.gif

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a9/Oriya_MatraComp.gif

Anish

Spectre
@icebags: I know nothing about serials because, we dont have a television at home. Okay, now I have only option - movies. And thanks for the suggestion. I've seen some hindi movies but I have a temptation to include the english subs. Lately, I watched zindagi na milega dobra without the subs, understood nothing but only got the glimpse of the story.!

Top Bottom