KarboN launches titanium S1 plus - Quad core + 1 gb ram for Rs 5500

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
no bro adreno 302 was earlier a part of snapdragon 200 when it was announced but i think at last minute when chips were about to be produced they changed it to Adreno 305

Moto E , Xperia E1 both do not hae Adreno 302 although the official specs mention as them having Adreno 302, they both have Adreno 305 @ 400 Mhz .. and it reflects in bench,arks as well..

moto G,lumia 520,Xperia M has Adreno 305 @ 450 mhz

whereas they have reduced 50 mhz for snapdrgon 200 variants

adreno 203 is ancient history of cortex A5 generation

i assume adreno 305 at 400mhz is called as adreno 302. ;) anyway, we cant blindly believe benchmarks as we already know that the companies have cheated in the past. 50 mhz reduction resulted in less than half performance in gfxbench.

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
i assume adreno 305 at 400mhz is called as adreno 302. ;) anyway, we cant blindly believe benchmarks as we already know that the companies have cheated in the past. 50 mhz reduction resulted in less than half performance in gfxbench.

yeah in case of cheating that may have been the case but here it is not .. the performance difference is well within the limits

T rex offscreen 1080p - 5.8 FPS ( moto G) , and 4.5 FPS ( Moto E ) vs 1.5 Fps (Adreno 203)

check comparison between Moto G and Moto E

*gfxbench.com/compare.jsp?benchmark...T1028,+XT1031,+XT1032,+XT1033,+XT1034)&cols=2

Same thing is depicted in 3d mark icestorm which supposedly keeps out cheaters...

My point is GPU is itself called Adreno 305 and not Adreno 302..

below is the CPU z screenshot of Xperia E1 , look it shows as Adreno 305 and not adreno 302 .. Cpu z isn't even a benchmarking app. it just lists the hardware specs

that is i was saying Adreno 302 does not exist it is a ghost ... it exists only on paper at least the "Name"

though their original plan might have been to lower the clock and market it as Adreno 302. either deliberately or unintentionally they forgot to change the name of GPU to Adreno 302 .. so Adreno 302 was murdered before its launch and his ghost is roaming around official specs :lol:

*images.fonearena.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Sony-Xperia-E1-Dual-Benchmarks.jpg

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
yeah in case of cheating that may have been the case but here it is not .. the performance difference is well within the limits

T rex offscreen 1080p - 5.8 FPS ( moto G) , and 4.5 FPS ( Moto E ) vs 1.5 Fps (Adreno 203)

check comparison between Moto G and Moto E

*gfxbench.com/compare.jsp?benchmark...T1028,+XT1031,+XT1032,+XT1033,+XT1034)&cols=2

Same thing is depicted in 3d mark icestorm which supposedly keeps out cheaters...

My point is GPU is itself called Adreno 305 and not Adreno 302..

below is the CPU z screenshot of Xperia E1 , look it shows as Adreno 305 and not adreno 302 .. Cpu z isn't even a benchmarking app. it just lists the hardware specs

that is i was saying Adreno 302 does not exist it is a ghost ... it exists only on paper at least the "Name"

though their original plan might have been to lower the clock and market it as Adreno 302. either deliberately or unintentionally they forgot to change the name of GPU to Adreno 302 .. so Adreno 302 was murdered before its launch and his ghost is roaming around official specs :lol:

can anybody with moto e upload screenshot of cpu-z(latest version)??
there is also a chance of false detection by software that might be rectified with future versions.i hope so.

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
can anybody with moto e upload screenshot of cpu-z(latest version)??
there is also a chance of false detection by software that might be rectified with future versions.i hope so.

couldn't find screenshot of CPU z of Moto E right now but was able to Get Antutu Screenshot . here also it lists as Adreno 305

*images.fonearena.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Moto-E-Benchmarks.jpg

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Dont want to bash but have you ever seen the front camera quality of any such local company budget phone ?
Not to mention, the battery life, 1500maH really ? I can guarentee after 1 month of usage, this wont last 6 hours of standby time
moto E atleast has 2k mAH battery and you can be certain, the battery WILL last..
Dont bother with this phone please, its a 5k down the drain.. Get the Moto E which is built to last, or something better like Xperia M (10k)/ Moto G (13k)

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
+1 to above post. it seems many people are still blown away by fake specs. the battery life is a major issue and camera sucks. now that moto e is here makes zero sense to go for cheap brands. plus as i said be prepared to deal with sucky service in case something goes wrong

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
What you guys are forgetting is Moto E is Online Exclusive .. and secondly think of a point of view from a person who has a budget of strict 5k only . even an extra 1k is not possible for some people

its much better than other local companies

its obviously inferior to Moto E and is targeted towards offline crowds and specifically towards the less educated class and budget restricted people that have made micromax like brands stars for whom brand doesn't matter

Plus in 2-3 months it will go down to 4.5k something

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
couldn't find screenshot of CPU z of Moto E right now but was able to Get Antutu Screenshot . here also it lists as Adreno 305

[]*images.fonearena.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Moto-E-Benchmarks.jpg[]

Hmmm. I see. But why on earth snapdragon website mentions about adreno 302 if it is actually a ghost? Time to change it.

ankush28

Bazinga

*images.fonearena.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Moto-E-Benchmarks.jpg

Hide the IMEI dude :lol:

Moto E has Adreno 302 - *www.motorola.in/Moto-E/moto-e-in.html check official specs first.
Adreno 305 with snapdragon 200 is weird :p

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Hide the IMEI dude :lol:

Moto E has Adreno 302 - *www.motorola.in/Moto-E/moto-e-in.html check official specs first.
Adreno 305 with snapdragon 200 is weird :p

ohh god not this question again .. please at least read once what is posted in this thread before commenting ? just read what i have written .. Adreno 302 is a ghost that is only mentioned in official specs

btw that is not my SS .. its fonearena's SS :p

Last edited:

ankush28

Bazinga
ohh god not this question again .. please at least read once what is posted in this thread before commenting ? just read what i have written .. Adreno 302 is a ghost that is only mentioned in official specs

btw that is not my SS .. its fonearena's SS :p

I've contacted their CC few minutes ago and they clarified that ITS 302! You can check official manual, their help page or chat with them live!

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
I've contacted their CC few minutes ago and they clarified that ITS 302! You can check official manual, their help page or chat with them live!

lol if CC people started knowing these things then these tech sites would go out of business..
anyways they are just repeating what is mentioned in the official specs and motorola is reporting what info is given to them by qualcomm on paper..

we are talking about the actual product here, not official specs...

you haven't still read the long chat i posted on the previous page .. please go through it

start reading posts from this posts and the posts below this

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/technolog...quad-core-1-gb-ram-rs-5500-a.html#post2112043

if you wanna ask why is the mismatch .. you know what is my guess ?

this snapdragon 200 chip is actually the same chip used in moto G..

qualcomm must have just disabled the 2 additional cores and lower the clock speed of
GPU.. it is much cheaper this way than to come up with a complete new chip with different GPU and drivers etc

and it saves time too.. all chipmakers do this and rebrand it differently..

Last edited:
Top Bottom