Ipod vs. Zune... Which One Do You Prefer??

So Wats ur Choice?

• Zune

Votes: 27 35.1%
  • Ipod

Votes: 30 39.0%
  • Others

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • I don't like these players

Votes: 10 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
ambandla said:
Apple invented GUI O/S and Microsoft took full advantage of that and is the market leader.
I am going off topic but can't help it, it's just too hillarious. Go and google it up as to who did it.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Another reason why the zune has better potential than the ipod

XBOX Zune Dock:

The XBOX 360 can perform all the functions of a Zune Dock home AV kit. It can charge the Zune batteries and access the Zune music, photos and videos. The XBOX controller can be used as a remote control to navigate the Zune folders. Unlike the official Zune dock, you can leave your Zune inside your aftermarket case while docked.

Docking is a no brainer, just plug the Zune USB cable into the XBOX. This works for the the regular XBOX 360 and the premium edition with a hard drive.

he name of your Zune will appear as a storage device in the media menu. The XBOX recognizes it immediately and shows a Zune icon next to it

Now play your music, movies, or a photo slide show. Visualizations are available during music playback in full 720p glory if you select the blue button for full screen mode.

Congratulations, you are now an expert on the Great White Zune Dock. We should also mention that the same Microsoft points used at Zune marketplace allow you to download movies on the XBOX, and some are in 720p high definition.

Source

i wonder which console the ipod can be docked .... oops i forgot apple doesnt make gaming consoles ...

K

krazyfrog

^^ If i'm not wrong even iPod can be similarly connected to XBOX 360. And so can Sony's PSP.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gxsaurav said:
U got any valid reason to say that? or just saying it for the sake of saying something in favor of ipod
Look at anything that starts with 'Windows' - Windows XP, Windows Mobile, Windows Tablet PC...

mAV3 said:
u warning whom
He did not warn anyone. mail2and edited his post and warned him.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
mAV3 said:
i wonder which console the ipod can be docked .... oops i forgot apple doesnt make gaming consoles ...

ipod/psp works with xbox 360, MS showed it at the 360 launch time.

ambandla said:
Apple invented GUI O/S and Microsoft took full advantage of that and is the market leader.

hmm..... mmmmm.....mmmmm zzzzzz . Google/yahoosearch/msnsearch/wiki .

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
tech_your_future said:
I am going off topic but can't help it, it's just too hillarious. Go and google it up as to who did it.

Oh Yes. It was invented by Dougas Engelbert (named Xerox Start and was a failure in terms of sale) but Xerox was given Apple stock in exchange for engineer visits and an understanding that Apple would create a GUI product. This led to the design of Macintosh OS.

It is the success of mac os that made microsoft to design Windows.

Coming back into the topic, I expect ipod's 6th gen is gonna have all the features that zune has and many many more features. By the way, Apple is gonna celebrate 30th anniversary this April, so I am expecting few bombshells to be dropped by them on it's competitor's.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
apple has been rumoured to hav touch screen in the next gen ipods

Last edited:

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
ambandla said:
Oh Yes. It was invented by Dougas Engelbert (named Xerox Start and was a failure in terms of sale) but Xerox was given Apple stock in exchange for engineer visits and an understanding that Apple would create a GUI product. This led to the design of Macintosh OS.

Correct. Apple engineers were allowed two visits to the Xerox Palo Alto Research Center(XPARC), and the GUI was legitimately licensed.

Not in the case of another company, who's CEO made this famous statement:

'We both had a common neighbour Xerox...'

Except that Apple's GUI was legitimate and the other one was illegitimately acquired from Apple under pressure tactics. For ppl who don't know about these pressure tactics, pls read any corporate history book or search Google/yahoosearch/msnsearch/wiki

hmm..... mmmmm.....mmmmm zzzzzz, indeed.

Sometimes life surprises you, doesn't it?. Every one gets to know something for the first time in his/her life.

Hilarious, indeed.

Last edited:
K

krazyfrog

Not another 'MS v/s Apple' fight. The last thread to host this fight got closed and its members banned. Better steer back to the topic and stay there. Or just close the thread as this is one of those never ending debates.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
tech_your_future said:
Hmm but Apple never invented it, did they?
ya , true. Someone was misinformed abt the invention of GUI and now he knows thx to Google/yahoosearch/msnsearch/wiki.

But some ppl always will think the suggestion you gave as an insult to apple and will jump in to justify something that was not even mentioned by anyone here, telling "not like the other company.." and suggesting others to read how bad the other company is, which will result to what happened to last discussion, 4 members in shameful misery.
hmm..... mmmmm.....mmmmm zzzzzz.., yup

Lets stick to the topic and keep this in mind
krazyfrog said:
Not another 'MS v/s Apple' fight. The last thread to host this fight got closed and its members banned.

Last edited:
G

gxsaurav

aryayush said:
Look at anything that starts with 'Windows' - Windows XP, Windows Mobile, Windows Tablet PC...

So u got no valid reason to say why zune will fail, no reason to give but still u r saying it will fail

oh & by the way, this thread is about ipod vs zune. how come "Windows" came in here. As far as i remember it's Zune not Windows Zune

indeed not another apple vs windows thread. I guess u didn't learn anything from the old thread where it was said again & again, that none of the products weather from apple or MS have failed

edit: typo....was in a hurry:grin:

Last edited by a moderator:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
the ipod has been continuously coming out with updates fixing bug after bug .... i wonder wats wrong i thought tht these guys were very good but these bug fixes hv confirmed my belief that was and is otherwise ....

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gxsaurav said:
So u got no valid reason to say why zune will fail, no reason to give but still u r saying it will fail

oh & by the way, this thread is about ipod vs zune. how come "Windows" came in here. As far as i remember it's Zune not Windows Zune

indeed not another apple vs windows thread. I guess u didn't learn anything from the old thread where it was said again & again, that none of the products weather from apple or MS have failed

edit: typo....was in a hurry:grin:
I am not dragging any discussion about Windows into the topic. I just stated my opinion that the Zune's software will slow down over a period of usage and you asked me the reason for it. So I told you that it was a pattern that I associated with any software (specially 'Windows') coming from the Microsoft camp. All smartphones having Windows Mobile and PCs having Windows <put your choice of version here> slow down considerably within half an year of usage. And I never even mentioned Apple or Macintosh. Why do you find a problem with everything I say!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
aryayush said:
Why do you find a problem with everything I say!
thts because of wat u say ... something like this
aryayush said:
the Zune's software will slow down over a period of usage
a degrading software wat is this ... does the software hav bacterial material which will degrade and decompose over a period of time therby slowing the metabolism rate of the zune and then the zune will end up not giving the right sound output maybe it will start crying

@arya wat happnd man u been drinkin???

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
You should know when to be sarcastic and when sarcasm just appears to be unnecessary foolery. I told you the reason why I think that will happen. I have used Windows XP on a variety of configurations and Windows Mobile on phones such as iMate JasJar and O2 XDA Atom. All of them degrade in responsiveness as time passes. So, I think it is derivative the the Zune's operating system, being from the Microsoft factory, won't be any better.

G

gxsaurav

a degrading software wat is this ... does the software hav bacterial material which will degrade and decompose over a period of time therby slowing the metabolism rate of the zune and then the zune will end up not giving the right sound output maybe it will start crying
:D :D :D :D seriously dude, this is hilerious

I told you the reason why I think that will happen. I have used Windows XP on a variety of configurations and Windows Mobile on phones such as iMate JasJar and O2 XDA Atom. All of them degrade in responsiveness as time passes. So, I think it is derivative the the Zune's operating system, being from the Microsoft factory, won't be any better.

Arya, plz refrain from bringing Windows Operatin system in this discussion, u know nothing about it, not even 1% on how to use or manage it

& it's not just the Windows Mobile, even symbian OS gets slow, ever tried tried to find out why? cos u will soon fill up the phone memory which also acts as the RAM.

& yeah, without even using it, or finding weather Zune runs an OS or firmware based OS, u came to the conclusion that it will get slow....i m again asking...any valid reason? the one u gave above is not valid in case of zune, it's just a speculation u r making off zune

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
gxsaurav said:
any valid reason?
arre i will tell u woh uske andar ka nostradamus bol raha hai add to tht his love for mac and spice it up with hatred for MS inherited by most mac users

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom