Ipod vs. Zune... Which One Do You Prefer??

So Wats ur Choice?

• Zune

Votes: 27 35.1%
  • Ipod

Votes: 30 39.0%
  • Others

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • I don't like these players

Votes: 10 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
The battery is replaceable and if it dies on you within the warranty period of one year (or two if you have bought AppleCare Protection Plan), Apple will replace it free of charge.
Apple offers direct technical support for their products in India.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
krazyfrog said:
Ok i agree i got silly and posted something $hit in reply. But i really kinda get mad when someone goes against PlayStation or against Sony in general. Being a ps2 owner and a bigtime sony fan, i just don't seem to understand why the ps3 is having problems with its current games and why is it having such a hard time beating the 360 which is actually inferior to it when it comes to hardware. I really wish to see ps3 succeed and crush 360.

I searched for the website on which i had read a detailed description and comparison of ps3's and xbox360's hardware capabilities. I was not able to find that article again, if i find the link I'll post it here for sure . that article stated that how ps3 lacks in the hardware dept wrt the xbox and how it scores better in some cases. The overall result was the 360 because of its architecture is easy to code for and can possibly have better games when compared to ps3.
Currently 360 is churning out it's second gen titles which are obviously more polished , i remember how launch titles like perfect dark zero for 360 sucked and they too had some frame issues. So lets wait and see how ps3 performs in the long run when developers are in a position to use ps3's hardware capabilities in a far more better way.
These days when i see any new ps2 titles i am amazed how good they look, so giving any hardware some time to prove it will be a better thing to do either it is zune,ps3 or wii .

G

gxsaurav

tables have turned now

Microsoft have developed the XNA gaming platform, a game desigining platform which is same among Windows Vista with a DX10 based graphics card & XBOX 360, because of which porting game is very easy among these two platforms, this itself is a big edge that XBOX 360 got, only 20% work is required in the form of cross compilation, & it's not that hard to code for XBOX 360 either

in case of PS3, well, sony needs to provide a solid OpenGL IDE & good compiler, which has to be fast. I guess, there could be an option to use a PS3 to compile the code, & game, after all it's also a CPU based device.

This is not the discussion thread of PS3 & X360, better if u do no devitate.

oh & just to add, Sony mp3 players suck, but the walkman phones rox :D

K

krazyfrog

gxsaurav said:
oh & just to add, Sony mp3 players suck, but the walkman phones rox :D
Yeah that's a difficult to accept fact but surprisingly true at the same time. They are also damn expensive for what they offer.

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
Just curious.

How many of you have actually used the Zune?

Or should we just rename this to MS vs. Apple?

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
FatBeing said:
?

Zero.

It's the same case as 'experts' on this forum who talk about Macs. I bet none have used a Mac for more than an hour.

K

krazyfrog

FatBeing said:
Not a bad idea! Anyway most of the people here commenting against Zune are actually here to kick Microsoft butt. Actually for most of them it doesn't even matter who's against microsoft; whoever it is they'll support it, be it Apple, Sony or anyone else.

anandk

Distinguished Member
from what i read : zune is said to be bulkier and more of a battery hog...also its desktop sofwtare is said 2 b still buggy, but the player itself is great. the music sounds better than the iPod and the screen is also said 2 b better...it has potential to be a great product !

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
FatBeing said:
Just curious.

but many of us hv seen the numerous videos showinh the use of zune and also many of us own the ipod so many of us can comment on them .... however many of us should not crown the pod as the best till they hv actually 'used' the other ....
FatBeing said:
this shud not b done as it dilutes the topic being discussed as it results in all MS haters just critising everything tht MS comes out and praising every company other than MS and thereby the products are no more being discussed and only the fanboy club of both companies slug it out

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^ i read in mumbai mirror tht the zune though not meeting its expected sale figures has managed to take no. 2 spot in pmp segment

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
mAV3 said:
damn apple has to fall so low ..... cheap commercial
I can't believe you actually thought that was a commercial from Apple! :lol:
Apple does not have to do such stupid marketing for a product that is already ruling the roost. That is just a funny video made by some fan and there was a logo displayed at the end too.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
na actually both ms and apple hv been coming with commercials tht take a dig at each other so i thought this was another frm tht series

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
mAV3 said:
na actually both ms and apple hv been coming with commercials tht take a dig at each other so i thought this was another frm tht series
I would rather get a music phone from Sony Ericcson series and use it

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ thts ur prerogative no 1 is stopping u frm buying a fone.... leave this discussion for the 1s who want to discuss the pros and cons of the ipod and the zune

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Having phone as mp3 players has a big drawback , i don't want to drain my phone's battery on a trip listening to songs. I will rather save it for its primary use.

but i'd surely like to own this one :p... the apple iphone
*www.myiphone.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/ip1bb.jpg

Last edited:

busyanuj

In the zone
FatBeing said:
Just curious.

the exact question I asked everyone a couple of days back.

still, you have to notice the authority with which people make choices and speak for it.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
tarey_g said:
Having phone as mp3 players has a big drawback , i don't want to drain my phone's battery on a trip listening to songs. I will rather save it for its primary use.

but i'd surely like to own this one :p... the apple iphone
*www.myiphone.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/ip1bb.jpg
It's just a mock-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom