Interstellar (2014) Movie Discussion *Spoilers Ahead*

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Wow man. Putting Interstellar on resume is an innovative approach. From now on.. I will boast to know these movies:
1. Inception
2. The Matrix Revolutions
3. Shutter Island
4. 2001: A Space Odyssey

I wouldn't claim to understand Primer though, that's just impossible.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow man. Putting Interstellar on resume is an innovative approach. From now on.. I will boast to know these movies:
1. Inception
3. Shutter Island

you know about Faking News and Unreal Times?

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
That particular scene where Rom says " I have waited years and thought you would never come " gave me chills.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
1. Inception
3. Shutter Island

try Pi

ithehappy

Human Spambot
So I have a short question, I wasn't great in Physics in school, could I see this movie without leaving the hall looking for a bar? I have no idea what the term Interstellar means.

amjath

Human Spambot
So I have a short question, I wasn't great in Physics in school, could I see this movie without leaving the hall looking for a bar? I have no idea what the term Interstellar means.
Interstellar means travel between stars. You can watch the movie still you will love/enjoy it. Who knows you might get inspired and release a paper :d

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
you know about Faking News and Unreal Times?
It's You who needs to watch them if you didn't understand.

On my watch list. Have heard it's one of the most confusing film. Let's see.

It is not at all funny. Interstellar and ISRO are on the same page. So it is logical.
What I think is maybe Nolan went into the future and saw ISRO's breakthrough in space research and implemented a part of it in Interstellar. Mind blown.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
tired yesterday, but all shows were full, could not get to watch it, will do advance booking now for next weekend show.

Any idea about what theatre will be good in Mumbai western suburbs, i am thinking to go for IMAX in wadala or Parel.

how good is PVR, Big Cinemas, (screen and sound quality)

I dont want to spoil the fun of this awesome movie, so looking for best experience

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Can't say about others but PVR have smallest screen and highest prices. So that is one least desirable theater for me. Although Big Cinema is good. Their theaters are actually big. I watched Interstellar in a theater of Big Cinema and the theater had longer width than length. Hence screen looked bigger than ever.

Never experienced any film on IMAX though. No IMAX in Delhi (which is BS :(). But many says IMAX is the Only way to go for this movie atleast. Now the choice is yours.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
hmm, There are two IMAX in Mumbai, one in Wadala and one in Lower Parel, but a movie of this kind deserve to be seen with great experience, will go with IMAX then, thanks, have to do advance booking as on weekends all shows are full

- - - Updated - - -

WTH is that "Internet Handling charges" why??? i am trying to book it throught bookmyshow.com and they are charging additional fees. WTF ???

amjath

Human Spambot
the reference about India is not positive, IMO they are trying to say that India is the next US in spying

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
WTH is that "Internet Handling charges" why??? i am trying to book it throught bookmyshow.com and they are charging additional fees. WTF ???

Looks like you are new in booking online. :lol:
Yes, bookmyshow.com charges stupid "Internet handling charges". :( But not much you can do about it. Sometimes I book ticket from the respective site itself. Costs me a little less than bookmyshow. But not much.

- - - Updated - - -

the reference about India is not positive, IMO they are trying to say that India is the next US in spying

I agree with this. That's why I previously said..

Btw, none of the member here mentioned this that what Cooper follows in the beginning of the movie was an "Indian Surveillance drone". So what's the significance of that drone being "Indian"? Did they mean that at that time India now spies on America?

amjath

Human Spambot
Looks like you are new in booking online. :lol:
Yes, bookmyshow.com charges stupid "Internet handling charges". :( But not much you can do about it. Sometimes I book ticket from the respective site itself. Costs me a little less than bookmyshow. But not much.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with this. That's why I previously said..

I didnt see/read this. BTW i already mentioned this

Gollum

Collector
Yaar woh dust ka kya concept tha?
Why the f is earth dying?

And so, does the 5th dimension takes you back in time? and make you a poltergeist.
That explains all the horror movies, its aliens that got sucked into the black hole Gargantua.

Hey lets all jump into a black hole.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Interstellar Fan Made Trailer - A tribute to ISRO & Chris Nolan

[YOUTUBE]HBHGWIytmNU[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Yaar woh dust ka kya concept tha?
Why the f is earth dying?

And so, does the 5th dimension takes you back in time? and make you a poltergeist.
That explains all the horror movies, its aliens that got sucked into the black hole Gargantua.

Hey lets all jump into a black hole.

Interstellar in one line--

A crop burning super-genius girls father who is the only space-farmer in the Earth when all the vaccum cleaners are gone, jumps into a blackhole to find X=? in a rigged equation made by Alfred, comes back in the future to scare his little daughter, only to surprise her with the worst but most invaluably ticking watch to save humanity, aaaand also his dumb son from fighting with her sister for no apparent reason.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Interstellar in one line--

A crop burning super-genius girls father who is the only space-farmer in the Earth when all the vaccum cleaners are gone, jumps into a blackhole to find X=? in a rigged equation made by Alfred, comes back in the future to scare his little daughter, only to surprise her with the worst but most invaluably ticking watch to save humanity, aaaand also his dumb son from fighting with her sister for no apparent reason.

Did you just made it up yourself? Have one cookie from me.

Top Bottom