Intel Price Cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
ok thanks for the info...i will catch u later in few months if i go intel shopping....would hv been better if u had shop !!

sad...i was soo exited that u would have had a shop in SP road even with AMD and gfx stuff and all other things

aks_win said:
ok thanks for the info...i will catch u later in few months if i go intel shopping....would hv been better if u had shop !!

sad...i was soo exited that u would have had a shop in SP road even with AMD and gfx stuff and all other things

Sorry to disappoint you mate.:( But like I said, if there is a price crunch anywhere, I can get any stuff if needbe. The reason I don't have a shop is because I can't look after it as I am quite mobile all the time. As of while I am writing this post, I am in Delhi. So, hope you get the point:D

I am setting up an online shop as of now, so you don't have to take the hassle of running to SP road...hehehehe:p

goobimama

 Macboy
I see this at itwares and it confuses me:

Core 2 Duo 2.66 Ghz E6750 - (4MB L2 cache 2.66Ghz 1333MHz FSB) 8900
Core 2 Duo 2.40 Ghz E6600 - (2.40Ghz 1066MHz FSB) 10100

Why is the E6750 cheaper than the E6600? I'm assuming its better cause of all those Ghz and FSBs...

Also, can someone provide a guide to these Core 2 Duo numbers....confuse the hell out of me.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
goobimama said:
Also, can someone provide a guide to these Core 2 Duo numbers....confuse the hell out of me.

*www.intel.com/products/processor_number/chart/core2duo.htm

Why is the E6750 cheaper than the E6600? I'm assuming its better cause of all those Ghz and FSBs...

I may be wong but as far as I know those E6x00 are older ones which are discontinued where as intel will replace all those E6x00 with new E6x50 1333 FSB range, and those new procy comes already as a result of Price cut :)

goobimama said:
I see this at itwares and it confuses me:

Core 2 Duo 2.66 Ghz E6750 - (4MB L2 cache 2.66Ghz 1333MHz FSB) 8900
Core 2 Duo 2.40 Ghz E6600 - (2.40Ghz 1066MHz FSB) 10100

The E6750 has the new G0 stepping which is much better and cheper compared to the older E6600 B3 stepping. Refer my post in the last page: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=563116&postcount=78

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

Seems to me yeah... but there is a catch... FSB 1333 boards are really some handfull in budget or those P35 boards are really costly :(

till date no good Onboard video based board

:(

refer here, *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63874

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^^

What that mac is not enough for u ???

:lol:

More seriouslly, tell me, is it possible to change the Procy which ur mac came with ??

goobimama

 Macboy
Its possible to change the proccy but only one of those Merom based thingies. That is, I can put in a Core 2 Duo something something. But it voids warranty and requires some amount of "going in" which I won't be doing at least not now (its fast enough for me).

I do however want a faster proccy on the PC to play all those 1080p vids. They play fine on the Mac, but not on the PC which is where I watch all my movies...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Goobi said:
I do however want a faster proccy on the PC to play all those 1080p vids. They play fine on the Mac, but not on the PC which is where I watch all my movies...

Sory, didnt get this part, i never used one mac, but i thought, playing media on MAC OS gives better experiance than on the Windows / Linux !!! ??

If you dont mind can u share the reason for which u dont watch those on MAC ??

and also i learnt that boot camp can allow ur MAC to run Windows / Linux, so if ur hardware allows in this case ur mac is good enough, then u can run those HDs on ur existing hardware ??

goobimama

 Macboy
My PC has a 24inch dell display and my Logitech Z5500 sound system. Macs are amazing for media, yes, but what to do, the bigger screen calls (and my folks won't allow me to take MY speakers to my room). Its a cruel world, I know. I would so love to use Frontrow to browse through my movies, but alas...

sakumar79

Technomancer
@Help~is~here... The E6750 and E6550 are new models only... AFAIK, there are no older gen models with the same name... Those models are clearly numbered differently (like E6600, E6320). So, there is no chance of getting old model if the processor model is correct (unless it is a spurious model)...

So, in the end, I feel that when the deltapage site is selling it for 500 bucks less, you should rethink your marketing strategy...

Arun

Pathik

Google Bot
yup.. so all the 6550s and 6750s shd have the G0 stepping only.. u sure some of them hav the B3 stepping??? @help...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Goobi said:
My PC has a 24inch dell display and my Logitech Z5500 sound system. Macs are amazing for media, yes, but what to do, the bigger screen calls (and my folks won't allow me to take MY speakers to my room).

Sorry, as once again I am asking another dumb question, Cant we connect external 24" Display or that Logitech Z5500 with MAC ?? as for hardware question... and I understand that parants may be dont want some high volume near to them :p

goobimama

 Macboy
(I'm sorry for causing this deviation from the topic, but choto-cheeta seems really interested) Yes, I can connect both to the Mac. And as for my parents, they seem to love the experience the Logitechs give. Haven't been to the theatre ever since. Its not just about the high volume...

Kniwor

Learner
Help~Is~Here said:
Yes, there are 2 versions. The older one has the B3 stepping and the new one has G0 stepping. Beware!! Becasue lot of stocks with the old B3 are still left in the market and the dealers hardly as usual have any knowledge of this. So make sure you get the new G0 stepping.

Here is how you make out the difference:

*img213.imageshack.us/img213/3644/inteloc6.jpg

SL9UM stands for the older B3 stepping
SLACR stands for the new G0 stepping. Sorry there isn't a pic yet of this box as many dealers are still waiting for this shipment.

And, I am sorry to say that I don't have a Store in Bangalore,:( although I pitch in to source items at such scenarios of price drop.:D I have a friends who is also a dealer. So, I get to share his stocks and that's why Intel ships it to me!!

Well, regards to the price, this is what I can offer. By the way, it's not 1K, it's merely 500 bucks, do your math.:D

I can sell you the item at a lower price as long as you take more stock!! So, if you are willing to take 10pieces of E6750, I can give it to you for Rs8890/-. Now beat that!!

LOL.... dude, I don't know what are u trying to do here, the Pic u posted is of a B3 stepping Q6600, There does not exist a B3 stepping E6750 OR E6550, they are only G0 stepping, any and all E6X50 manufactured is G0 stepping SL9UM and SLCAR are both the codes for Q6600, and the code for E6750 is SLA9V, which is a G0 stepping.

U can sell processor at whatever price u want, but please DO NOT misinform people, and don't give it a name of "Group Order" when clearly u're charging even more than retail. The whole purpose of "Group order" is go consolidate purchase so as to bring price down thereby giving everyone an advantage.

And guys, if a lor of people are interested in these processors, maybe we can arrange a G0 from Delhi, let me know and we can then bargain with SMC etc, I need another processor too actually. Also ppl in other cities where prices are higher can hop in.

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ Good idea about the buying in a group thing. I'll look into my finances.... And about this B3 stepping and G0 walking, it does not make any sense to me.

Kniwor

Learner
Hey the G0 steppings are much better, they clock higher than the Older B2 steppings, i.e. the older E6600's etc... (they are B2) They also run cooler.

Help~Is~Here is also well confused on the steppings of older processors, and I will suggest him to stop making incorrect comments, There is no E6600 B3 stepping...lol

The old E6700's, E6600's , E6420's , E6320's, E6400's, E6300's are B2 stepping.

The really old E6300's and E6400's are L2 stepping
The E4300's is L2 stepping.

The E4400's and E4500's are M0 steppings.

The only B3 Stepping processors are the SL9UM Q6600, QX6800 and QX6700.
The prices of E6600 is higher everywhere because it is to be phased out, and hence Intel did not decrease it's price. Buying an E6600 is totally pointless right now.
An E6550 is a much better processor as compared to E6600, and is a lot cheaper, the E6750 PWNS them all. and then of-course, we have E6850, which is again, only G0 stepping.

Last edited:
Kniwor said:
LOL.... dude, I don't know what are u trying to do here, the Pic u posted is of a B3 stepping Q6600, There does not exist a B3 stepping E6750 OR E6550, they are only G0 stepping, any and all E6X50 manufactured is G0 stepping SL9UM and SLCAR are both the codes for Q6600, and the code for E6750 is SLA9V, which is a G0 stepping.

U can sell processor at whatever price u want, but please DO NOT misinform people, and don't give it a name of "Group Order" when clearly u're charging even more than retail. The whole purpose of "Group order" is go consolidate purchase so as to bring price down thereby giving everyone an advantage.

And guys, if a lor of people are interested in these processors, maybe we can arrange a G0 from Delhi, let me know and we can then bargain with SMC etc, I need another processor too actually. Also ppl in other cities where prices are higher can hop in.

lol.. dude, I don't know who in the hell told you that I told the E6x50 comes in B3 stepping. All I did was make people aware of the B3 and G0 stepping.

And dude, I haven't mislead anyone, I have posted the necessary links for themselves to find out stuff.

I really don't understand why in forums, there will be one jerk who wants to prove the other person wrong thinking that he knows better! Maybe you didn't like the PM I sent you asking to not stick your head into my affairs.. lol.. taking revenge.. go find a better place kiddo.

pathiks said:
yup.. so all the 6550s and 6750s shd have the G0 stepping only.. u sure some of them hav the B3 stepping??? @help...

No, all the E/Q6x50 models come with the new G0 stepping. Older models with the B3, B2 stepping come in E/Q6x00 models The reason I mentioned about the B3 and G0 stepping is in the case of the Q6600.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom