IIT-JEE problems

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Study only one book guys (and girls, if any), don't juggle between "CBSE ka book" and "IIT ka book".

For Organic Chemistry a really good book I will recommend is B.S Bahl and Arun Bahl from S.Chand. Similar one is available for physical chemistry but it's not so good. J.D. Lee is good for inorganic chemistry, Ira Levine works well for physical chemistry (Note: Physics has good overlap with P-chem so if your physics concept is good, chances are you will not need to learn a lot of P-chem).

Physics and Maths - the recommended books should suffice. You are all good mathematicians anyway since you're training to do problem solving ;)

TechnoFan

Bazinga!
Sorry for the late reply. Thanks alot guys! Noted the name of all the books and other tips! Exactly what I needed! Thanks. :)

the_conqueror

Ambassador of Buzz
Maths: S.L. Loni (Trigo) , Prilepko (Alzebra, PnC,etc), M.L Khanna is good but if you can handle that. Almost all AIEEE questions can be found in that.

Chemistry: O.P. Tandon (Physical), J.D. Lee (IOC), Paula Bruce + An Indian write book I have, but forgot his name. Best ever OC book. (OC)

Physics: Resnick & Halliday (best ever physics book for understanding concepts from scratch), D.C. Pandey (for experts). But problems in JEE now are not of enough standards to match D.C. Pandey or I.L. Erodov.

I was thinking of buying Resnick and Halliday. I searched for it on flipkart and found 3 books for my standard. first , second, third. I am wondering that what is the difference between the 3 ? Which one to buy ? Please suggest.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I was thinking of buying Resnick and Halliday. I searched for it on flipkart and found 3 books for my standard. first , second, third. I am wondering that what is the difference between the 3 ? Which one to buy ? Please suggest.

First is 8th edition, 2nd is 6th edition.

Also, Resnick Halliday books come coupled with two writers, Krane & Walker. Former has 2 sets, later 1.

Go for option 1. (Walker, 8th edition).

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
1) with krane

2) with walker

I don't really know the difference b/w both although I have seen both. Personally, I studied walker, have just "lurked" Krane.

the_conqueror

Ambassador of Buzz
Which book to buy for preparing maths for iit jee (and aieee) ? I was thinking of getting ml khanna. Someone also suggested me 'tata mcgraw hill' and 'RD Sharma objective ques for iit jee'. Please give your valuable suggestions .

Which book to buy for preparing maths for iit jee (and aieee) ? I was thinking of getting ml khanna. Someone also suggested me 'tata mcgraw hill' and 'RD Sharma objective ques for iit jee'. Please give your valuable suggestions .

the_conqueror

Ambassador of Buzz
Yup. The same page opened again in front of my eyes. Its PITA browsing tdf from mobile so don't ridicule me bro and give a straight forward answer. Don't ask me to read the page because i've already done that and I know that people have suggested ml khanna. But i want to know about other books too.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Yup. The same page opened again in front of my eyes. Its PITA browsing tdf from mobile so don't ridicule me bro and give a straight forward answer. Don't ask me to read the page because i've already done that and I know that people have suggested ml khanna. But i want to know about other books too.

I have also mentioned couple of other books but they're subject specific. I prepared from these books only and some other books which I don't remember due to obvious reasons. I mentioned the ones which I found best, personally, and they're widely recommended too.

KDroid

Cyborg Agent

New Pattern IIT-JEE by SK Goyal for questions. Do some basic objective questions from some other book before attempting questions from this book. Nothing else required. Especially for CG.

P.S. if you're targeting AIEEE (JEE-Main), avoid this book.

Last edited:
Top Bottom