IIT-JEE problems

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
@iittopper i guess u have the best rank in this forum...

Thanks man but i am feeling more proud that my friend topped it . Will go and visit his house /

he is iittopper after all :D

Dude dont fall for my name , i am a dropout student :-D . just selected "iittopper" as a username because it was unique and each time i went to register somewhere with my own name , it always says "this username already existed , try other name "

papul1993

not a newbie.....
Didn't give the exam this year. Will be doing 1 year coaching. Let's see what happens.

Otherwise B.Sc it is.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
i m studing Rd sharma for maths and SL Arora for physics.Are they gud?

Heck No.
For CBSE Rd is ok.

For IIT try ML Khanna.
Physics HC Verma.

Chemistry..dont remember but i think there used to be OP Tandan for that.:p
Sorry if the name is wrong.

Too long since the school days are gone.:cry: :p

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Maths: S.L. Loni (Trigo) , Prilepko (Alzebra, PnC,etc), M.L Khanna is good but if you can handle that. Almost all AIEEE questions can be found in that.

Chemistry: O.P. Tandon (Physical), J.D. Lee (IOC), Paula Bruce + An Indian write book I have, but forgot his name. Best ever OC book. (OC)

Physics: Resnick & Halliday (best ever physics book for understanding concepts from scratch), D.C. Pandey (for experts). But problems in JEE now are not of enough standards to match D.C. Pandey or I.L. Erodov.

tejjammy

Journeyman
Congrats guys. I'll be giving IIT next year. BTW, which books you guys used for solving sums/your preparation?

Dude, first and foremost do all the NCERT. I MEAN everything. Also solve all the problems of last 33-34 years of JEE. All problems should be at your fingertips.Then think of doing other books. JEE is getting simpler year by year so don't waste time on solving fancy books.

But since you are asking:
Physics: HCV, solve DC Pandey for topics you feel tough, consult halliday resnick krane.

Chemistry: Physical: Practice as much as possible. P Bahadur is more than enough
Organic: NCERT. If possible get hold of Brilliant Tutorials notes. Reference book: Solomon & Fryle
Inorganic: Again NCERT should suffice. If you feel that that's not sufficient, refer JD Lee

Maths:Books by Arihant publications. Most likely author is Amit Agarwal, SL Loney, Hall & Knight If that's less, do RD Sharma.

But let me remind you, proceed to do these once you are thorough with NCERT & previous JEE problems. You can do both side by side if you can manage.
In this way you can crack JEE with rank within 1000. I wish I had followed this since i started preparing and not just for the drop year.

EDIT: I had two posts above me by the time I hit submit. All my views are independant of what has been suggested by posters above me and in no way intend to challange them.

i think i too should have atleast tried this time :|
had scored 224 last time atleast could have improved and qualified this time.

My friend had scored 220 last year. He got AIR 962. Thats why attempted it once again so that i don't get that feeling later

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Heck, it's a very fat book. You solved "every" sum?

And for Chemistry and Physics?

not every question dude! You have to choose it carefully.
For physical chemistry solve pbahadur . For organic i use to solve previous year paper and fiitjee study package .
For physics h.c verma and d.c pandey is best . But solve only one of those and not both ,
and lastly never leave ncert quetions .

Maths: S.L. Loni (Trigo) , Prilepko (Alzebra, PnC,etc), M.L Khanna is good but if you can handle that. Almost all AIEEE questions can be found in that.

Chemistry: O.P. Tandon (Physical), J.D. Lee (IOC), Paula Bruce + An Indian write book I have, but forgot his name. Best ever OC book. (OC)

Physics: Resnick & Halliday (best ever physics book for understanding concepts from scratch), D.C. Pandey (for experts). But problems in JEE now are not of enough standards to match D.C. Pandey or I.L. Erodov.

exactly! Erodov have lots of calculativee questions , where as jee more focus on concept.

i think there are two rd sharma books . One for exclusively iitjee and other for regular . Which one do you use?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Heck, it's a very fat book. You solved "every" sum?
There are many other books available which are fatter. Especially if you buy topi
They are good for AIEEE. get the JEE 33/34 years question banks if you are serious about a selection in IIT. Rest assured it will give you a proper headache when you try to solve first time :wink:

Sujeet

Undead!!!

Beat Erodov .Beat IIT(Physics atleast).

Top Bottom