IIT-JEE problems

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Use

Ea = 2.303RT [ (1/T1) - ( 1/T2) ]

The question is to find the increase in rate constant. I think we have to assume k1 k2 as some discrete variables. Right?

1. d
2. its coming 63%!

isnt that supposed to be
log(K2/K1)=(Ea/(2.303*R))(1/T2 - 1/T1)
?

Ya that's what I thought.
BTW 63% is the correct answer :smile:
Should I solve for log k2 - k1 =...

yeah, just saw that, :lol:. my bad.
i am pretty sure to get 90% in PCM in boards time so i will be giving it seriously. i also have manipal on 19th but that is just for "timepass"

what are you saying, didnt get it?

Sorry. I was misinformed. All selections and shortlisting is done purely on the basis of AIR. I think now you know this already.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
find K2/K1, it is easier as you have to find K2 and K1 in relative terms. most question which requires the use of this equation deals with relative values of K2 and K1

mohityadavx

Youngling
^^ oops sorry darn i have started forgetting chemistry formulas so fast

But my chem was never good

even in cbse it was just 78 ( Though major contribution goes to wretched organic and then my school for so graciously giving me just 25 in prac)

nims11

BIOS Terminator
even in cbse it was just 78 ( Though major contribution goes to wretched organic and then my school for so graciously giving me just 25 in prac)

how did you know your practical marks?
i think that my physics teacher gave me bad prac marks(expcted 95, got 89). although the external teacher who took my prac and viva must have given me 30(my prac and viva was flawless and the guy was really impressed), the internal teachers tamper with the marks before sending it to the CBSE. my physics teacher hated me as i was caught many times sleeping in her class.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
the condition for the two tangents, drawn from a point not lying in the y-axis to the parabola y^2=4ax, become normals to the parabola x^2=4by is that
1. b>a
2. ab>4
3. b^2>4 * a^2
4. a^2 > 8 * b^2

tejjammy

Journeyman
Hey anybody who has repeated or going to do so can you give me some tips? My IIT score this year was 197 and i am thinking of what to do. Please suggest

priyu

Exams Exams Exams AGAIN
I've repeated this year.repeat is a good option if and only if you are prepared to put in focussed efforts for the whole year.you can't concentrate on anything else.but repeat only if you want the iit tag badly.coz many repeaters don't make it to iit's.i'll suggest meet some repeaters,both successful and not successful.then make your own decision.in my case,I found the repeat year to be awesome and useful.

priyu

Exams Exams Exams AGAIN
Yep.it improved my rank from 9225 to 2120.I did it from pune.I joined a class.

tejjammy

Journeyman
ok thank for thanx for the info. One more Q: when is the eligibility criteria of JEE decided? Because my 12th std score is 73% and i dont want to be stuck in between

Top Bottom