HTPC software to browse web/play games

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Hello everyone
I've made a setup where i can connect my laptop to my HDTV (hdmi) and home theater speaker system. I also have a wireless keyboard and mouse for this. I'm running win 7

My problem is operating this from a distance. At HDTV resolution all text and icons are too small to operate from a distance. I end up using the magnifier to use the web or open up games. Is there a software available that can allow me to see my drives/browse the web without the magnifier. Something like the media centers that people use in HTPCs

Help

> Right click on desktop -> Screen Resolution.
> Click on "make text or other item smaller or larger".
> Choose different scales and set what looks best to you.

ANd please create better thread titles. the title is in no way related to what you are asking.

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Thanks harshil. I've done that already. Am basically looking for something like windows media player and kylo web browser to ensure i can browse websites and watch movies without all the magnifier, horizontal scrolling and all

Heard that its a great media player but is there something to browse web and files

You can browse internment in XBMC too. Refer to tis thread: *forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=145418

this thread will also be helpful:What is the best free HTPC software? [Solved] - Multimedia - Applications

Top Bottom