How much bandwidth do you use per month with plan

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
the main issue with local cable wallah's is ( those who gives connection via LAN ) spreading of viruses/trojans as soon as you hook up into the network .. seen this happening with Alliance BroadBand. So need to use security suite all the time for protection all the time.

amjath

Human Spambot
the broadband provided by your cable-wallah

can u please elaborate cause if someone available here in chennai i will contact him

the main issue with local cable wallah's is ( those who gives connection via LAN ) spreading of viruses/trojans as soon as you hook up into the network .. seen this happening with Alliance BroadBand. So need to use security suite all the time for protection all the time.

WTH really :eek:

ratul

█████████████████

WTH really :eek:

yes, even my ISP had this problem 2-3 yrs back, i used to get many messages during the day of Kaspersky's Firewall blocking certain attacks, whose IP addresses were in the same range as i had, it seem to me that it's not the ISP itself, but it'd be related to some lame networking rules setup by you ISP, which allowed all the connections in your subnet to connect with each other, just like it's in normal LAN network, but after that he has extended his shop (i now see a dedicated room in his office full of CISCO swtiches, earlier it used to be just a small cabinet.. :p), the problem seems to have vanished, guess he has implemented a proper setup now.. :doublethumb:.

amjath

Human Spambot
^ I'm using dth and local tv cable operator dont have internet for himself, seeing these issues i'll stick with big ISP's

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yes, even my ISP had this problem 2-3 yrs back, i used to get many messages during the day of Kaspersky's Firewall blocking certain attacks, whose IP addresses were in the same range as i had, it seem to me that it's not the ISP itself, but it'd be related to some lame networking rules setup by you ISP, which allowed all the connections in your subnet to connect with each other, just like it's in normal LAN network, but after that he has extended his shop (i now see a dedicated room in his office full of CISCO swtiches, earlier it used to be just a small cabinet.. :p), the problem seems to have vanished, guess he has implemented a proper setup now.. :doublethumb:.

good to know ISPs ( specially the local ones ) has changed such lame practice of their's.

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
MTNL Freedom 795 Combo

DL : 54605.4MB
UL : 10828.9MB

Used up too much this month due to MTNL 2Mbps Glitch causing Free 2Mbps even after plan limit exceeded

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
+1
way back i just inserted the wire in the system and then found that it got infected and i was unable to install an anti virus in it (initially it was without any av). formatted the system, installed av and then only inserted the wire :D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
these Local cable guys should use some dedicated hardware or a linux based OS on the so called server pc for providing net connection and if they do use windows OS they should stop watching/using pr0n and all those malicious sites and apps for the ske of their customers but most of them not prepare to do so sans a few.

.jRay.

Youngling
well, i use pacenet and havent found a problem, plus i use it via wifi so no threats.:thumbup:

Pacenet/DigiCableis is your ISP ? just checked their website but I can't see any tariff or rates/plan description .. can you post a link for the same ?

Its not on the website, i asked the cablewalla directly, he told me two plans within my budget of 700, a 512 one and 1mbps one (which i use now).
Damn they should put these things on websites

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
plus i use it via wifi so no threats
that's like saying getting electric shock from sony tv is safer than getting electric shock from samsung tv!if local network is infected then it doesn't matter whether you connect through lan,wifi or bluetooth,it is all the same.

.jRay.

Youngling
that's like saying getting electric shock from sony tv is safer than getting electric shock from samsung tv!if local network is infected then it doesn't matter whether you connect through lan,wifi or bluetooth,it is all the same.

Still, never got warnings on trend micro.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
probably trend micro detect network as not safe/infected & blocked all attempts in advance so no notifications.many firewalls now-a-days do this so as to keep notifications to minimum.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ the connection comes to your pc through a lan cable without the need of any modem ? can you see any other pc on network ?

well, i use pacenet and havent found a problem, plus i use it via wifi so no threats.:thumbup:

Its not on the website, i asked the cablewalla directly, he told me two plans within my budget of 700, a 512 one and 1mbps one (which i use now).
Damn they should put these things on websites

seems some local ISPs ( read cable wallah ) has really improved over time ;-) but still has the bad habit of not upading websites properly like many e-tailers.

Top Bottom