how! a infrared 'transmitter'

Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@pathiks

we worked on a high voltage project and used some FEM software for analysis.

@saurav
i'd still suggest you go wid the RF combo rather than a pure wired one. IR has given me huge hassels this way.

Kenshin

meowww meoww
nah its not my final yr project rt now this is timepass project.....previously i made a encoded 8 4 bit data transmission thru RF....so tot of makin temperature as the data and to make it more fun....takin 6 temperatures and modulatin on single freq thru a microcontroller...will be using atmega32 or 16....

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
convert ir to rf and then send but im still not sure whether when volume is increased the volume will increase :oops:

Kenshin

meowww meoww
infra_red_dude said:
@pathiks

we worked on a high voltage project and used some FEM software for analysis.

@saurav
i'd still suggest you go wid the RF combo rather than a pure wired one. IR has given me huge hassels this way.]

+1 for tat :D.....

iMav said:
convert ir to rf and then send but im still not sure whether when volume is increased the volume will increase :oops:

tats why i told to use a TSOP...it has a inbuilt modulator which modulates the freq so the data is preserved...:)

Last edited:

Kenshin

meowww meoww
Rt now i also hv got a problem....the new version of AVRdude doesn't seem to run on vista...runs perfectly fine on Ubuntu and XP....any idea about tat :(

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
bro, in this front vista has given me lotsa probs. thats why i shifted back to XP. no point in breaking the head solving these compatibility probs.

OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
ok ther are hassels with IR, OK

wil it give a lot hasssls when i am for only this use

as my motherboard supports for 4 usb in front panel but in front their two are located. and suppport for two are there, there are many point, i found the gnd one, but i am not to which +ve one should i use

Kenshin

meowww meoww
pathiks said:
hey hows winavr compared to avrdude??
winavr uses avrdude to dump....:).....it just provides a gui
I hv started using codevisionAVR...i liked the wizard feature..

and most tools i got for avr were in the ubuntu repositories...just searched for avr in the package manager and got lots of great tools never knew of them...hehe

sourav said:
ok ther are hassels with IR, OK

wil it give a lot hasssls when i am for only this use

as my motherboard supports for 4 usb in front panel but in front their two are located. and suppport for two are there, there are many point, i found the gnd one, but i am not to which +ve one should i use
*pinouts.ws/usb-pinout.html

Last edited:
OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
=> i can use usb port for giving power to the device

now revision
i will take a receiver (TSOP1738 ) and put in front of my computer then i will join one of its pin to the +5(vcc) of the usb port and again connect that to the transmitter (BC547). Similarly to the gnd and data.
Are these correct then say ok.

And how do i know which point on that receiver and transmitter is for data transmission, gnd and vcc.

Kenshin

meowww meoww
tsop has 3 pins.....one to vcc of usb,one to gnd of usb.....3rd is Vout it will be connected thru a wire to the base of BC547 ...emitter of BC547 to gnd of usb....check the previous attachment for connections of vcc and gnd of bc547.

OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
i mean that to which point should connect which wres.

according to ur attachment

first pin is for vcc, gnd, data

and in transmitter
first is for vcc, data, gnd

is this correct

Last edited:
OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
read it and reply

do i just need to show this to the electronic store and they can do it

and reply the question in the attachment

OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
atlast i understood but one more question

what is bc547??

and is it available easily, how much will these will cost and waht are the hassesls and will they occur in my use

is that resistor required which is of 4.7 ohm.

Last edited:
OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
other questions answer

did u mean 4.7k ohn or 4,7 ohm, as in the figure it looks 4.7 k ohm

help plz

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom