how! a infrared 'transmitter'

Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
you don't need to open up the remote. you need to get a set of IR transmitter and receiver. then you need to wire them up wid 2 circuits. the receiver is connected to the circuit which converts IR signals to electrical pulses. this sits near ur computer. the output of this circuit goes to the input of another circuit which converts electrical signals to IR signals connected to the transmitter which sits in front of the IR receiver on the set top box. yes, the whole circuit will require power, DC power (mebbe an adapter or batteries).

but believe me, its not easy to build this circuit. jus go out in the market and launch a hunt for those kindsa circuits.

Kenshin

meowww meoww
^^ That will be messy stuff.....its cheap but its no good...i hv worked with IRs and they are no fun to work with....tats why now i hv shifted to RF in all my works...except linefollowers and to control my PC ka apps using tv remote hehe :D

OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
can u plz give a circuit diagram as i unable to make out

how to modulate and demodulate ir signals to rf and vice versa

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ you get readymade circuits for that.

@yeah kenshin, i kno that too. am an electrical and electronics engg. plus hey i'm the IR of this forum!!! ;) who better can know the pains associated wid me!!! haha... :D :D

OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
@infra
that is what i want

i don't want to make the circuit but just wanted this working

do u know, what are those circuits called

are they available in any electrical stores

can u also give the circuit diagram of connecting the battery, those circuits, transmitter and receiver

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well, i can't say where they are available or how easily. you gotta hunt for them or get them made from the electronics hub in ur city.

Kenshin

meowww meoww
Get a TSOP1738....since most IR remotes work at 38KHz...this receiver has 3 pins...one of it is the data...give this data pin to a rf transmitter TX433...

this will transmit the data......recive the data using RX433

this has a data pin...give it to a IR led infront o ur tata sky...:)....press ur remote see it work :)..

the RF modules will cost u bout 500 bucks...

OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
you mean that i will connect receiver's data channel to transmitter's???

if yes, then what are those other 2 point for, where they will be connected and how

then what about connecting the data pin directly to the data pin of transmitter

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Vcc and GND pins are where the battery will be connected. +ve to Vcc and -ve to GND. that BC547 is the transistor there which works as a switch in CE mode. it activates the IR transmitter only when it gets a signal from the RF receiver, so that false triggering is prevented.

btw, just check what battery rating is to be used from the datasheets kenshin has mentioned. too high a value will make the circuit go straight into the bin!!

OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
@kenshin i understoodit but is there a no need of using rf when it is located in thenext room, i would prefer wires as it would be cheap but i want to understand ur idea

Kenshin

meowww meoww
Ok remove the RF modules connect the output of the TSOP thru a wire to the transistor in the other room tat will work...batteries depend on the length of the wire...greater the length more power will be required to drive the line..

OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
thankyou kenshin

that means u agree to my decision, should I use 5v as minimum and maximum for any length of wire

and should i connect both of them to same source of powwer

Last edited:

Kenshin

meowww meoww
yes both of them shud hv same power supply.....so tat makes 3 wires,Vcc,Gnd and data..yeah a 5v supply will do.

OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
i mean that both the gnd to gnd to -ve and other two to positive

thankyou for ur help

a lot of thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.