High zoom Bridge camera

rider

as Kratos
I am amateur photographer want to start photography as a hobby.
I am looking to buy of high zoom bridge camera. My budget is less than 25k.
This March both Nikon and Sony, going to a launch a new camera.
Nikon Coolipix P510 and Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX200V
Which one would be better and why?

sujoyp

Grand Master
bro let them launch 1st then we will read reviews then only I can reach to a conclusion

For now sony HX100V is better than nikon p500

sujoyp

Grand Master
I just loved panasonic FZ150 ... it have 24x zoom where sony have 30x but fz150 is very clear even at full zoom...it got great reviews

read some reviews of it and u will know :)

Rockstar11

Technomancer
I am amateur photographer want to start photography as a hobby.
I am looking to buy of high zoom bridge camera. My budget is less than 25k.
This March both Nikon and Sony, going to a launch a new camera.
Nikon Coolipix P510 and Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX200V
Which one would be better and why?

i also want high zoom camera. thinking of buying Nikon P510

Advantages of the Nikon P510

Much more zoom 41.7x vs 30x

Wide angle Significantly better wide angle 24 mm vs 27 mm

Lowest price Cheaper 3 608 kr vs 4 475 kr

Weight Slightly lighter 555 g vs 583 g

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
bhai on paper it looks awesome but actually to give that much zoom nikon have to put a good image stabilisation under it...else u have to use tripod when taking pics at 40x

I would say just dont make ur mindset fixed on high zoom of P510 there r many more things like bigger aperture, ISO performance, clarity at full zoom etc

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Or should I buy Canon EOS 1100D DSLR. It's of 27k in letsbuy.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
@rider Just remember if u go DSLR route u will get a equivalent to 3x zoom with the cam....and would have to spend more money to buy better zoom lens :)

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Is the image quality of HX200V/HX100V is equal to Canon 1100D.
In specification the pixel size of HX200V is 1.6 µm². What does it mean and effect on image quality?

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
not sure whats pixel size

The image of superzoom is great in day time but in low light situation it degrade very fast..

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Check the review

*www.digitalversus.com/digital-camera/sony-cyber-shot-hx200v-p12817/test.html

Product Face-Offs Digital Cameras : Sony Cyber-shot HX200V, Panasonic Lumix FZ150, Sony Cyber-shot HX100V, Fujifilm X-S1, - DigitalVersus

Compare with Canon SX40 HS and Lumix DSC-FZ150

Last edited:

Soumik

Padawan
Used Canon SX35 IS a couple of weeks back. its outdoor performance is very nice. But indoors it literally sucks. Ruined the whole project party pics. IS isnt good at all. Most of the pics came out blurry indoors. :(

Therefore my vote goes to Panasonic Lumix FZ150... :)

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
@soumik there is no model named SX35 IS it would be SX30 IS..
How is Sony's HX100V according to you?

Soumik

Padawan
Really sorry abt that... :D It was SX 40 HS(confirmed with the person today)... with 35X optical zoom. Got mixed up :p.
HX100V should be good... In specs its got more features like GPS and higher optical zoom. I cannot really say abt the image quality as i havent used either of them.. :(
Sony's processor usually does aggressive noise reduction, sometimes leading to small loss of details... which might bother some ppl. I have seen that in HX 9V... but really as i said.. i didnt use the bigger bro s .. so cant comment :p

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Did you use Panasonic Lumix FZ150? I am getting in 22.5k with (4GB and 8 GB memory card free) I have never bought a Panasonic product yet so not sure about reliability and service.

sujoyp

Grand Master
rider u may not get service center other than sony and canon ...soo dont worry :D

panasonic fz150 is the best superzoom now...maybe some of the new superzooms may be better than this..but u have to wait for reviews:)

R u talking abt letsbuy offer...yes I am impressed by the pricing:)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Nope fz150 doesn't have a manual focus ring. Instead it has a focus sliding switch on the left side of the lens which moves in up/down motion Besides there's a rotating wheel on the right side of the camera body just above the thumb rest.

Top Bottom