Help with PC Config. under 1 lakh

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
why not? GTX460x2 will have 336x2=672 SPs which is greater than HD5970's 3200/5=640
should come close at least

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
Afaik 460 sli is an inch above HD5870 and gtx 480
and beats HD5850 xfire when tessellation and AA is enabled
but hd 5970 is all about raw power
it is unassailable as of now

and there are still some reviews showing GTX 460sli beating HD5870xfire
which if you'll notice closely were benched on TWIMTBP titles

460 sli scaling is very good
but one shouldn't get too carried away :)

rajan1311

Padawan
why not? GTX460x2 will have 336x2=672 SPs which is greater than HD5970's 3200/5=640
should come close at least

what kind of a comparison is that? The two have totally different architectures, you cant compare like that! Dividing by 5 just for convenience? lol...

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
@Jaskanwar Singh
Plez give me link where amd trashes Intel 930 ? as i check that site in many benchmarks i7 920 beats amd & in some 920 is closer to ur amd. i7 920 is a 2.66ghz & 930 is 2.8ghz.

look at the comparison carefully. first in video encoding it beats i7 920. look that in some comparison LOWER IS BETTER IS ALSO WRITTEN. look that in multithreaded benchmark 1090t has ca clear lead. even 1055t is ahead of i7 920 in that. in some comparisons i7 920 takes lead because those apps are not heavily threaded. but you will see the benefit in MAYA and some future apps also. in crysis warhead, left 4 dead, fallout 3 1090t is ahead. in others diff. of only 10-12 fps.

Anandtech [ in 3dmax test i7 920 beat ur amd & in other 920 is closer to ur amd so i am sure 930 will perform much better as well check hardwarecanucks reviews & I personally love Intel. May be AMD is fast but after some time amd reduces its performance but Intel performance is stays same till end as well Intel processor is having much less drawbacks then AMD & I am purchasing Nvidia so Intel is better :) :)

TOTAL NONSENSE!!

ya i am thinking about that sli idea..Its really good but i don't know then i have to increase psu to more Watt & I have to purchase Full tower case & better cooling products as 2 cards going to make lots of heat & if the anser is yes then i think its exceeds my budget.

GTX460 is much much cooler than GTX470. CM haf is more than enough.

Ya i also want to purchase Ultrasharp U2311H IPS but is that going to give me lag in games ? I hate Lag.

nothing like that.

My pc is on 24x7 & sometimes i continuosly playing which makes lots of heat so any suggestion on cooler but don't want high end & water cooling system.

What exactly is SLI ? means if I use gtx460 1gb 256mb X 2 cards then..

1] I will get profit of both cards together or is another card is only going to work whenever it needs most ???
2] If i use 1gb 256mb 2 cards in sli mode then i will get 2gb 512mb support or 2nd card is giving less support as its in sli ???

both are 1GB cards. no additional 256mb!!

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
nope, not for convenience, they can be compared that way. Although not exactly similar, but the architectures is such that dividing the number of SPs on an ATI card by 5 makes it comparable to Nvidia's SPs. Wait for some time and I'll definitely give the source for that. I had read this in digit a long time ago, wish I'd remember which issue it was.
of course there are a number of other factors but number of SPs is a very important thing.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
read the conclusion of the ANANDTECH REVIEW as well!!

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

another review for you -*www.guru3d.com/article/phenom-ii-x6-1055t-1090t-review/1

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

How the heck can GTX460 SLI compete with the HD5970..?

GeForce GTX 460 SLI review

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
ATI’s architecture is a bit different- not every stream processor (Brook+ technology) is identical to its neighbor. For every block of 6 stream processing units, 4 are identical, the 5th carries different FP/INT arithmetic functions, and the 6th keeps things in check. So essentially, each block of 5 ATI stream processors (ignoring the special unit) is comparable to 1 Nvidia stream processor. The math isn’t that simple, but its a good generalization to make that helps demystify why a high-end ATI Radeon HD 4870 card with a rocking 800 stream processors is relatively weaker than an Nvidia GTX 280 with only 240.

Source: Stream Processing Units Implementation: NVIDIA vs AMD/ATI | Nosta Solutions - Hardware, Gaming, News, Reviews

The GeForce GTX 285 (G200b) – the current flagship GPU from Nvidia – has 240 stream processors, whereas ATI’s most powerful Radeon HD 4890 chip (RV790) features 160 5-way SIMD units, or 800 stream processors in ATI’s terminology.

Source: Nvidia Chief Scientist: 11nm Graphics Chips with 5000 Stream Processors Due in 2015 - X-bit labs

I wanted to quote more sources, but couldn't find. But trust me, this is what was exactly written in digit magazine

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
^Dude, wait for another month, I7 950 will be dirt cheap, don't say "ur" AMD, he don work for them, he dont gain anything too. Just that with AMD Platform costs can be kept lower, giving you more money to spend on other things like a GTX 460 SLI setup instead of a single GTX 470.

I just don't found another word thats why i just use "ur" i know he is not working for them & he just wants me to buy good products for price & i really appreciates every1s great help. I am really leaning new things as well i am now really thinking forward to get good stuff for my money...once again great thanks to all.

=============================================

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
In terms of performance:

GTX 460 SLI (2 nos) = GTX480.

HD5870<GTX480<HD5970.

until someone going triple monitor or 6 monitor setup, HD5970 useless. so for single monitor HD5850 or GTX460 comes as best option. pick one of these.

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
First of all can you tell me the reason why your against AMD:?:
2nd Cabinet is the only thing you should think against buying online as the shipping cost is a lot!
3rd people recommend here on the bases of personal experience, reviews & other people experience so you should take them in mind!

Soory I am doing animation course from Maac & its going to completed soon.

1] Really don't know exact reason but no to AMD sorry 4 that.
2] I am just ready to buy online if i not get from laminton its just a another option & some sites providing free shipping on some products.
3] I am always taking every1s suggestion in mind but as u say "people recommend here on the bases of personal experience, reviews & other people experience" so may be 2 peoples having different views on same brand product. i.e some1 told me that lynx is good but ur saying its not good so its just a personal experience & its changes time to time. No offence but i am just taliking about possibilities. I open thread here coz i really want help from u & i am taking every help carefully & just want that when members posting some suggestion also post their experience or revies so that its easy to us to compair & its also going to increase our little knowledge :) :)

======================================================

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
being a fanboy is of no help. you are not taking a wise decision of neglecting AMD offering. but anyways your choice.
i have given you another link also on the previous page. consider that also.

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
look at the comparison carefully. first in video encoding it beats i7 920. look that in some comparison LOWER IS BETTER IS ALSO WRITTEN. look that in multithreaded benchmark 1090t has ca clear lead. even 1055t is ahead of i7 920 in that. in some comparisons i7 920 takes lead because those apps are not heavily threaded. but you will see the benefit in MAYA and some future apps also. in crysis warhead, left 4 dead, fallout 3 1090t is ahead. in others diff. of only 10-12 fps.

both are 1GB cards. no additional 256mb!!

I know 1090t is good but its not trashing 920 its a close results so i just want to say that 930 is 2.8ghz where 920 is 2.6ghz so may be 930 is going to give good fight to 1090t.

About cards i know there is 1gb card but i am talking about Memory Interface. 1gb is Memory size so i asked that if i sli 460 then i am going to get 2gb 512mb supprot or 2nd card is giving less performance ?

=====================================================

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

being a fanboy is of no help. you are not taking a wise decision of neglecting AMD offering. but anyways your choice.
i have given you another link also on the previous page. consider that also.

I know bro being a fanboy is a no help but i am sure that 930 is not going to push me in hell. May be 930 is going to give me better performance in some applications or games ? :grin:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
read the conclusion of the ANANDTECH REVIEW as well!!

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

another review for you -*www.guru3d.com/article/phenom-ii-x6-1055t-1090t-review/1

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

GeForce GTX 460 SLI review

Source: Stream Processing Units Implementation: NVIDIA vs AMD/ATI | Nosta Solutions - Hardware, Gaming, News, Reviews

Source: Nvidia Chief Scientist: 11nm Graphics Chips with 5000 Stream Processors Due in 2015 - X-bit labs

I wanted to quote more sources, but couldn't find. But trust me, this is what was exactly written in digit magazine

Guys read all that stuff. But is it really beating the 5970 in all the benchmarks..? Yes, VFM is immense, but over all I still feel the ATI dual is more powerful...!

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
I think they all r talking 460 x 2 sli is better then 1 5970 [ Not Sure ]

as 460 x 2 is for around 22k & 5970 is for 35k so i think its against..

Nvidia dual vs Ati singal :)

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

So for now config...

Monitor : Dell ultrasharp 23" U2311H IPS panel :)

MB : still very much confuse

Processor : i7 930

CPU Cooler : No idea [ Don't suggest water cooling as i am not overclocker ]

Case : CM HAF 922

PSU : Corsair 750TX

GPU : Nvidia 460 x 2

HDD : WD CB 1tb x 2

mavihs

Techie By Heart
HSF: CM Hyper 212+

which HDD have you mentioned where?
also don't go for Corsair TX750! heard its got some probs! (from The Sorcerer)

Also about the Lynx, its been banned from some of the Indian forums & lots of ppl have had bad experience from Lynx!
PS: i havn't bought anything from them!

rajan1311

Padawan
most of the time bad experience means delayed shipment, no "real" bill with product, stuff like that, it aint no fraud. If you are going with intel, just wait for a few weeks(i7 950 at 930 price), thats all ill say.

mavihs

Techie By Heart
most of the time bad experience means delayed shipment, no "real" bill with product, stuff like that, it aint no fraud.
i don't mean fraud but the attitude of the owner, its really bad once you have paid money! you'll have probs in after sales service, delays, etc! & its not only with one person but with lots of ppl! :| :x

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
ya & i am going 2 buy stuff from lamington road shops. No online shopping.

Buying all product from 1 shop is good ? Or buying from different different store is good ?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I think they all r talking 460 x 2 sli is better then 1 5970 [ Not Sure ]

as 460 x 2 is for around 22k & 5970 is for 35k so i think its against..

Nvidia dual vs Ati singal :)

Get a full tower. You will not regret it, specially for multi - GPU.

Also, you really know what 1 x HD5970 is...?

Top Bottom