Help...PC restarts all of a sudden..

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
D

Deleted member 26636

i installed the latest forceware v.178.13 but the BSOD still appears:(although not as frequently as earlier..the errors i received today are--
a) 0x0000008e (this appeared two times).
In event viewer the following error was seen both times-- Error code: 1000008e. parameter1:C0000005 parameter2: 80633356 parameter3 : b5680910 parameter4:00000000 Event ID: 1003 Category: (102) Source : system error.

b) 0x0000000A
c) PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA 0x00000050

also some DS1410D service failed to start because the system cannot find the file specified is there in event viewer.

i ran verifier.exe through run in start menu..restarted the computer..nothing happened..no BSOD during restart or logon..windows xp booted normally..i don't even know if the verifier ran or not..because on restart i was presented with the same desktop..is this normal?did the verifier run?:confused:

i am begining to hate windows xp..will it be better to switch to vista?:neutral:

Last edited by a moderator:
Same has happened to me, but my system was infected by a torjan, virus SYSTEM.EXE. This .EXE file cannot be deleted manually. It infects all the data folders on your system and places autorun.ini in each folder. Even if you have managed to remove the virus, it might get again when you open any folders or insert a CD which contain that autorun.ini. But the autorun.ini files are not visible and are always hidden to user. So you must be careful.

Recenlty i was also infected by this virus, my system started restarting unnecessarily. I found that SYSTEM.EXE file was running in my tesk manager. I cleared all me data in my hd drives and formatted my system and installed a fresh copy of windows xp.

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

well i scanned my system for viruses using the latest updated kaspersky antivirus..no virus..no system.exe is running in my system..but just today while i was running chkdsk..my system restarted with a BSOD--0x0000007f..a friend of mine tells me to reinstall windows..but i think somehow that is not the solution..does anyone know how to use windows verifier & windows debugging tools to analyse the minidump files?searched on the internet but sorry to say i did not understand the guides well..today i also had a SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION..2 times during startup & once during shutdown...its also taking quite long to startup than earlier...:(maybe it would be better to switch to vista...

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Clearly a driver conflict, something is conflicting with the display driver. Just do a clean install of XP. Or switch to vista if you prefer.

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

i'd have gladly done a clean install if i hadn't done so just two weeks earlier...am tired of reinstalling windows every time there's a problem...now while booting the system slows at the xp loading screen for around 30secs or more..then the monitor screen flickers for less than a second & the loading resumes & finally the system boots after about 2 mins..really frustrating..a few minutes earlier i had a BSOD where the error message was--
a device driver attempting to corrupt the system has been caught. the faulty driver currently on the kernel stack must be replaced with a working version.:(

error code: oxooooooc4

how do i know which driver is the culprit?:confused:

ok...seems like i found the villains..this time the error messages are like this

1)STOP: 0x0000008E

fltmgr.sys- address BA5F0D41 base at BA5EA000 Datestamp 41107bad

2)STOP: 0x000000BE

ACPI.sys- address BA687BA4 base at BA677000 Datestamp 41107d27

An attempt was made to write to read-only memory...

now what are these drivers & what should be my next step?

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
First is the filesystem filter driver, second is the acpi power driver, both from microsoft. You havent caught the culprit, you just caught two drivers which crashed due to a 3rd party driver, which is what you should look for.

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

^ ok..i had this error message sometime later last night--

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0x000000D1
HDAudBus.sys
-Address B9EC499
base at B98E9000
Dateatamp 41df3243
now how do i know what is causing these drivers to crash:confused:, maybe i'm dragging it too long..guess i should just reinstall windows:(...BTW..how did you know there was a 3rd party driver crashing the system?:confused:...is there any way to analyse the minidump files?

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
^ ok..i had this error message sometime later last night--

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0x000000D1
HDAudBus.sys
-Address B9EC499
base at B98E9000
Dateatamp 41df3243
now how do i know what is causing these drivers to crash:confused:, maybe i'm dragging it too long..guess i should just reinstall windows:(...BTW..how did you know there was a 3rd party driver crashing the system?:confused:...is there any way to analyse the minidump files?

This is caused due to a faulty HD Audio driver. Which sound chip do u have in your motherboard ? Is it Intel Azalia HD ? Select the latest drivers from manufacture's website and install them.

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

well my m/b (ASUS P5KC) manual says the high definition audio is a realtek 8-channel high definition audio codec..but i downloaded the realtek hd audio drivers only last week & installed them..maybe i should revert back to the original, also my m/b has a jmicron 36x raid configure driver..is this driver only needed for a raid config or should i install it? i haven't installed it yet as i'm not sure if i should..:confused:

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
how did you know there was a 3rd party driver crashing the system?

Because most hardware drivers communicate only with that hardware and windows to prevent conflicts between themselves. Only a 3rd party driver can mess up this routine. Of course, a badly made hardware driver can do that too, like the latest Intel Audio Drivers for my motherboard, but the former is more likely.

is there any way to analyse the minidump files?
Yes, you need WinDbg and a high level of technical knowledge.

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

This is caused due to a faulty HD Audio driver.

so..is my realtek hd audio driver at fault here? i also had this error message last night--0x7e SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

ever since the BSODs have started, you guys have seen all the error messages..do they all point to a faulty device driver? is there any chance of hardware causing these errors?like defective RAM?

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
I definitely think that there is some real problem with either of your hardware or their drivers. Tell us the complete configuration of your PC and the also the drivers that is installed.

You can take another approach if u wish. Install another OS like Windows Vista or Mandriva Linux in your PC. Mandriva has a great hardware support and if it also fails to run on your hardware then something is real bad there. Try Windows Vista too.

Download Mandriva Linux One 2009 from here : *www.mandriva.com/en/download
I recommend the One version since it has all the necessary drivers.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Its either defective drivers or corrupted RAM module. Can be either of the two. BAD_POOL_CALLER can be either of the two, but SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED is defective drivers, positive.

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

well i cannot install vista now as i do not have it...my system config is-
1)M/B- ASUS P5KC
2)Intel Q9300 @2.5Ghz
3)RAM- 1gb 800mhz transcend & 2gb 800mhz transcend
4)HDD- 360gb seagate 7200 rpm
5)Samsung SH S223B DVD-RW
6)Cooler Master extreme power 600w PSU
7)Nvidia Geforce 8600gt 512 mb
the drivers that came with my m/b are--1. Realtek hd audio R1.64
2. Intel(R) Chipset Device Software
Version: 8.3.0.1013
3.Attansic L1 Gigabit ethernet
driver
4.Jmicron JMB36x Raid driver
my nvidia display driver version is 178.13
i downloaded & installed the updated versions of these drivers? but i have not installed the raid driver.is it necessary? i have only one HDD.
Apart from these i am not sure if there are any other drivers installed on the system.

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

well here is the latest hijack this log file. i have uninstalled some softwares which aren't of much use to me.
- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 11:18:41 PM, on 10/13/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18241)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
E:\SOFTWARES\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009\avp.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
E:\SOFTWARES\Autodesk 3ds Max 9\mentalray\satellite\raysat_3dsmax9_32server.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Tablet.exe
E:\SOFTWARES\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009\avp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
E:\SOFTWARES\BitLord\BitLord.exe
E:\SOFTWARES\Nokia PC Suite 7.0\Nokia PC Suite 7\PCSuite.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe
C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\Transports\NclUSBSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\Transports\NclRSSrv.exe
E:\SOFTWARES\Nokia PC Suite 7.0\Nokia PC Suite 7\OneTouchAccess.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe
E:\SOFTWARES\FIREFOX\firefox.exe
E:\SOFTWARES\ReGet Deluxe 5.2\ReGetDx.exe
E:\SOFTWARES\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = *go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = *go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = *go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = *go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: ClickCatcher MSIE handler - {16664845-0E00-11D2-8059-000000000000} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\ReGet Shared\Catcher.dll
O2 - BHO: IEVkbdBHO - {59273AB4-E7D3-40F9-A1A8-6FA9CCA1862C} - E:\SOFTWARES\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009\ievkbd.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\4.1.509.5470\swg.dll
O3 - Toolbar: ReGet Bar - {17939A30-18E2-471E-9D3A-56DD725F1215} - E:\SOFTWARES\ReGet Deluxe 5.2\IEBar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVP] "E:\SOFTWARES\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009\avp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [JMB36X IDE Setup] C:\WINDOWS\RaidTool\xInsIDE.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [36X Raid Configurer] C:\WINDOWS\system32\xRaidSetup.exe boot
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BitComet] "E:\SOFTWARES\BitLord\BitLord.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PC Suite Tray] "E:\SOFTWARES\Nokia PC Suite 7.0\Nokia PC Suite 7\PCSuite.exe" -onlytray
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = E:\SOFTWARES\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: Do&wnload by ReGet Deluxe - C:\Program Files\Common Files\ReGet Shared\CC_Link.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download A&ll by ReGet Deluxe - C:\Program Files\Common Files\ReGet Shared\CC_All.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\SOFTWA~1\MICROS~1\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Web traffic protection statistics - {1F460357-8A94-4D71-9CA3-AA4ACF32ED8E} - E:\SOFTWARES\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009\SCIEPlgn.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{651EBC7A-FCD8-4FCD-A6C2-54D441CF4710}: NameServer = 202.56.230.5 202.56.240.5
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: E:\SOFTWA~1\KASPER~1\mzvkbd.dll,E:\SOFTWA~1\KASPER~1\mzvkbd3.dll
O23 - Service: Autodesk Licensing Service - Autodesk - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Service\AdskScSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Kaspersky Anti-Virus (AVP) - Kaspersky Lab - E:\SOFTWARES\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009\avp.exe
O23 - Service: ##Id_String1.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762## (Bonjour Service) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Macrovision Europe Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: mental ray 3.5 Satellite (32-bit) (mi-raysat_3dsmax9_32) - Unknown owner - E:\SOFTWARES\Autodesk 3ds Max 9\mentalray\satellite\raysat_3dsmax9_32server.exe
O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: ServiceLayer - Nokia. - C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe
O23 - Service: TabletService - Wacom Technology, Corp. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Tablet.exe

--
End of file - 6146 bytes

well..maybe this is strange but since last evening i haven't had any error messages..& since i'm going to assam tomorrow (i'm currently at mumbai)i wont be able to use this pc for a month..so maybe we should close this thread for now..a big THANK YOU to all of you who have helped me this far..:)

well..maybe this is strange but since last evening i haven't had any error messages..& since i'm going to assam tomorrow (i'm currently at mumbai)i wont be able to use this pc for a month..so maybe we should close this thread for now..a big THANK YOU to all of you who have helped me this far..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom