GTA Heaven

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
what tools do we need to add new cars i have forgten it ...please explain
realizm MOD no thanks...it spoilt my GTA 4 i never opened again. had to re-install etc etc

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
well it worked perfectly well for me. It only spoils(read: Crashes) your game if you try to install it with patch 1.0.7.0 already installed. Had you installed it over patch 1.0.4.0 it would have ran fine. Anyway for car mods you will need sparkIV for sure. Rest i am not sure..requirements must be mentioned in any car pack you download. I am not using one coz when i tried i got "taxis everywhere" bug.

So dont forget to keep a backup of the files you are modding just incase.

@sharang.d Thanks for the link

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Adding HD textures for real NYC shops which will replace most of the rockstar's shops. if my system can take it, will surely post screenshots here or in screenshot channel.

EDIT: Done, here are few screenshots.

Hard rock cafe at times square
*imageshack.us/a/img507/4213/hardrockcafe.jpg

KFC in place of cluckin bell at times square
*imageshack.us/a/img21/9550/kfcc.jpg

Starbucks at times square
*imageshack.us/a/img809/8885/starbucksf.jpg

Nice.. Name of the mods used?

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
here is the complete list of mods tht i have used. use these mods with patch 1.0.4.0 and not with later patches. most of the mods which are related to the graphical content of the game work best with 1.0.4.0. I must also mention that to make these work smoothly you would need a decent system with a decent gpu with 1 gb ddr5 atleast. 2gb wud be better obviously. The game is CPU hungry which we all know.

1) ICEnhancer 2.1 final- Although the default preset itself was jaw dropping but to make it even more perfect for my monitor and color settings i tweaked it and I am using Less-saturated iceshader.fx . I changed antialiasing quality in iceconfig.ini from 2 to 1. -1 is the highest but even 0 will be enough to kill most of the systems with every ingame setting maxed out. For sharper textures use SMAA.dll and not FXAA.dll. FXAA.dll which is provided with the official download does not work anyway. Its set to SMAA.dll by default anyway so you need not change that.
2)Lord Neophyte's HD textures- here is the link Zippyshare.com - Free File Hosting . It contains all the preloaded and preconfigured .img files and you wont need to add any other major texture addon at all.
3)VIVA new york Mod- A must have really.
4)All the mods by ZBNYNC
5)You can also add Vanni's HD trees Mod but be sure to have alot of VRAM. I tried it but since i have only 1 gb vram my game became laggy and i was in no mood to lower my settings.
6)Real NYC billboard project
7)Realistic Driving Mod
8)Realistic Weapon Sound mod
9)Traffic Fix v4
10) All the other HD addon textures from Lord Neophyte
11)Real Shops Mod version beta, 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.5.1, 1.6

P.S. My all ingame settings are at max. View distance is set to 30 and traffic is at 70 percent. With traffic fix v4 at daytime it becomes real congested which i feel is how it should be but at night the traffic is really low and you can do all the crazy driving stuff you wanna do.

I am trying to find the building that was shown in TV series "friends" all the time. People say its located smewhere near middle park(read: central park). Well i guess its just an excuse to roam around in Manhattan area coz thats the most beautiful one :p

P.P.S. Ignore the taxi and police car mod included in VIVA NYC Mod as it can result in "taxis everywhere" bug. If you do wanna try it then backup your vehicles.img first. You will ned sparkIV for most of the mods. For ICEnhancer 2.1 xliveless is required.

Last edited:

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
my friend enetered the taxi as a passenger without doing any missions :/

please tell me a good not heavy mod that will work with the latest patch and HD 7750

Say im driving a car now,suddenly a car parking entrance becomes a wall and flashes back to the entrance :/

errr...can anyone here give me a tutorial on what to backup
2)How to change cars and add new cars in place of them ???
Please tell me

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
^^1). Open sparkIV.
2)Click on browse
3)Browse to the directory mentioned in readme file of the mod or as per the instructions given on the site from where you have downloaded the mod. Do it over the sparkIV interface itself.
4)Most probably it will ask you to edit an *.img file. Its a good idea to backup the whole *.img file as it saves you the hassle of opening and replacing particular files with sparkIV again if you want to remove that mod.
5) There is an option of "export" on the sparkIV interface. Choose(single click the file) the file you want to backup and click export, choose the directory click ok and you are done.
6) To edit an *.img file double click on the *.img file that needs to be modded. There is an option of "import" on the sparkIV interface. Click "import", browse to the directory of the mod and choose all the files as suggested in readme file of the mod. Press ok but wait you are not done yet. After pressing ok if you do't see any errors press "save". Once the files are saved press "rebuild". now you are done.

But i must warn you that once you add a car pack mod you may get the bug of same vehicle appearing again and again.

This is the procedure which is usually followed in modding but its not the only procedure. Readme file of your mod must contain all the important instructions. Go through it carefully. Always backup the files you are about to mod.

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
^^lol. I love messing around with games :D . Even with flight simulator i have spent months modding it :p. But unfortunately it's mods are paid mods and not free ones and they are priced almost twice more than the game itself.

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
that probably is true. though i don't have much idea as to what will make u ineligible for multiplayer but i think anything that changes the core original files will do that. You can still add ENB or ICEnhancer for better antialiasing, DOF, Bloom etc that shudn't be a problem but yes adding cars may do that.

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
did you install it as in replacing a file or adding a file? Although i doubt if sparkIV will let you add any additional files. AFAIK it only allows you to replace. Did you save and rebuilt the img file in sparkIV after modding it?

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
So you replaced the taxi model but still you see the old one or you don't see the taxis at all? If you have backed up your original files then try adding more car mods and see if they appear or not.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
okay
so the taxi was cabby.wtx
so what i did ... replaced all taxis(taxi,taxi2,cabby) with the new cabby and i can see the cabby

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
good so it is working? coz if you have infact successfully replaced and rebuilt tht img file then there is no way for the game to show the taxis which are not in its database at all.

Top Bottom