Graphics Cards related queries here.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Its Nvidia's gpu for laptops having 16 sp's and a graphics clock of 400mhz or thereabouts.
Its similar to the pc version of 9400gt.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Nope.. buddy GTS 250 / HD4850 is more suitable for 1680*1050 but for 1920*1200 GTX 260 or HD5770 is more good and for best get HD5850 :p

@ official - mention your budget first......

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Nope.. buddy GTS 250 / HD4850 is more suitable for 1680*1050 but for 1920*1200 GTX 260 or HD5770 is more good and for best get HD5850 :p

@ official - mention your budget first......

arian29

In the zone

@asigh ,,SMC had only the 5x series of cards.. said 4x series to sir band ho gaya hai.. lol

WarrenG

Broken In

I have a budget of 6k and want to buy a graphics card but am confused between the 5670(DX11) or the 4850(more performance) or 250GTS which one should i go for, or isthere any one that is better ?
Also which brand ?
And will a 450W PSU be sufficient for these cards ?
I have a DualCore 3Ghz

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

I have a budget of 6k and want to buy a graphics card but am confused between the 5670(DX11) or the 4850(more performance) or 250GTS which one should i go for, or isthere any one that is better ?
Also which brand ?
And will a 450W PSU be sufficient for these cards ?
I have a DualCore 3Ghz

get 5670. with 5% drop in performance u getting DX11. should run on 450W provided it is good. may run on ordinary PSU also but not recommended at all.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ No buddy - HD5670 performs not only 5% less as compared to HD4850/GTS 250. The difference should be around 20-25%.

@ WarrenG - which psu do you have - model and brand name ??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

^^ No buddy - HD5670 performs not only 5% less as compared to HD4850/GTS 250. The difference should be around 20-25%.

@ WarrenG - which psu do you have - model and brand name ??

but you only told performance difference wil be ~10% between HD5670 & HD4850 in a previous post.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

guys, specially the one who been waiting long for Fermi to arrive & those waiting for highend ATI cards to reduce in price, theres a BAD NEWS. a bit too bad. check here.

SemiAccurates sources report that the GTX 480, on average, will end up being a mere 5% faster than the HD 5870 at higher resolutions, despite costing Nvidia a lot more to manufacture. The GTX 470 was not tested in these internal evaluations, and will most certainly end up slower than the HD 5870

hope u know summer isn't going to be any better for the gamers party.

tkin

Back to school!!

guys, specially the one who been waiting long for Fermi to arrive & those waiting for highend ATI cards to reduce in price, theres a BAD NEWS. a bit too bad. check here.

hope u know summer isn't going to be any better for the gamers party.
There's something else too, the same report says that in Uni engine DX11 benchmark fermi scored 100% faster that HD5870, in older games(non dx 11 or the only one existing now-dirt2) it was 5%, go figure.

pulsar_swift

Youngling

Please suggest a graphics card for viewing HD movies on the following PROCY and MOBO combination.

budget - 5K

i5 - 750 and Intel DP55WB.

No gaming just watching HD movies.

Top Bottom