Graphics Cards related queries here.

Re: help needed plz...

@ hazard.shobhit

Assuming you'll get corsair vx 450 here are the cards you can get:

NVIDIA - Geforce 9600gt,gts 250,gtx 260(212 sp's)
ATI - Radeon 4850,4870,4890,5750,5770,5850

Now mention your budget so we can suggest you the right card.
Also mention the resolution you like to game & perhap the current lcd you're using.
welll my budget is 6000-9000
nd am usin samsung 933 17'inch lcd monitor....

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

^^ I guess the max resolution of your monitor is 1366x768 or 1440x900.Better go for powercolor 4850 @ 6k or msi gts 250 @ 5.8k. If you want to be future proof and want a dx11 based card then a radeon 5750 from sapphire or powercolor @ 8-8.5k will suffice.

@ sanju

Buddy please mention the psu you're using.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ KaranTh85

Core-i5 530 @ 6K or ( 750 @ 10K - recommended )

GA-P55M-UD2 @ Rs. 6.3K

G-Skill 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz 2x2 GB around 7K better get Corsair

500GB HDD around Rs. 2.4K

CM 335 elite Cabb Rs. 2.2K

Corsair VX450 PSU @ 4K

ATI HD5770 @ 10K

Rs. 41900 or 500 less for corsair dual channel kit :p

and Rs. 4K for core i5 530

divyam

PSN- GiGzMo

its based on ATI Xpress 200. u not need to change it, but PSU change is a must. it got 1 x PCI Express x16 slot so theres no problem.
OKay...
i will get that done... thanx a lot

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

^^ I guess the max resolution of your monitor is 1366x768 or 1440x900.Better go for powercolor 4850 @ 6k or msi gts 250 @ 5.8k. If you want to be future proof and want a dx11 based card then a radeon 5750 from sapphire or powercolor @ 8-8.5k will suffice.

@ sanju

Buddy please mention the psu you're using.
what about the Hd5670... isn't that gud..??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

OKay...
i will get that done... thanx a lot

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

what about the Hd5670... isn't that gud..??

my pleasure helping u out frnd.

HD4850 performs better then HD5670. way better.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ Yup, and the power consumption is way better too :p

So with no PSU upgrade a HD5570 ( recommended with no PSU upgrade ) or 5670 ( has more power draw so recommended this with a decent PSU ) should be more suitable :p

and I think HD4850 will be bottlenecked by his cpu.

@ divyam Do your mobo has a pci-e x16 slot ?? Which cpu do you have ??

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^
It has a PCI.Ex16 dock.
*h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportDocument/c00638516/c00638519.jpg

But again, coming to what TopGear said. The maximum his LGA775 socket will support is Celeron series. The HD4850 will hardly be harnessed with this system. But if the user wants to he can get the HD4850, and use it for his next upgrade.

divyam

PSN- GiGzMo

^^ Yup, and the power consumption is way better too :p

So with no PSU upgrade a HD5570 ( recommended with no PSU upgrade ) or 5670 ( has more power draw so recommended this with a decent PSU ) should be more suitable :p

and I think HD4850 will be bottlenecked by his cpu.

@ divyam Do your mobo has a pci-e x16 slot ?? Which cpu do you have ??
ya it has a pci-e x16 slot.. and the CPU is pentium D processor 2.8ghz
Old.. isn't it?
Suggest me a gud Graphic card.. to game on a 21" LCD

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

ya it has a pci-e x16 slot.. and the CPU is pentium D processor 2.8ghz
Old.. isn't it?
Suggest me a gud Graphic card.. to game on a 21" LCD

Ur budget? The max u can get is HD4670 or HD4850(if u have a gud PSU), anything above that, i doubt your processor will be a bottleneck.

arian29

In the zone

please suggest me a good graphics card...
my system info >>

--------[ AIDA32 (c) 1995-2004 Tamas Miklos ]------------------------------------------------------------------------------[ Summary ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2

Motherboard:
CPU Type AMD Athlon X2 5200, 2.6 GHz (13 x 200)
Motherboard Name Gigabyte
System Memory 3584 MB (its 4gb (2gb x 2) dont know why it shows 3.5..)
BIOS Type Award Modular (03/07/08)

Display:
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS (512 MB)
Monitor 20" SyncMaster 2033(SWPLUS/SWXPLUS) (Analog) [NoDB] (HPGS806982)

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter Realtek HD Audio output

Storage:
Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive
Disk Drive Apple iPod USB Device
Disk Drive ST3500320AS

================================

am not able to play in high , most new games like assassin creed, bioshock 2 etc... so wanna upgrade my graphics card. now i am confused a bit.. if i am not wrong there are two types of cards.. one that has its own memory and another that shares from the ram.. so which one is better.. ie.. which one should i go for.. suggest brands/models pls. my budget is 10k max. smps/psu is around 400w zebronics. came with the cabinet..

dissel

Cyborg Agent

Hi,

My Budget is 5k-8k (lower is better),

I'm running Intel Pentium D 3.2 GHz in 945GNT board which have PCI x16 slot with 4GB 667Mhz DDR2 Memory.

I am not in Gaming, But use a lot of photo editing & other multimedia work such as encoding video & converting video.

I want to use 2x17" Samsung Monitor(1280x1024 max they can throw) with dual setup and I upgrade soon 24" or bigger monitor when they available. I just want to expand my workspace.

I am choosing Palit HD4850 as it have two output.

*www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/palit_hd4850/2.htm

Can I get this is above mention budget? Please suggest

P.S:- I am using cooler master 600w PSU with Gladiator cabinet

Last edited:

djaydave

Right off the assembly line
Graphics Cards query

Kindly tell me which gpu to buy,Within 6-8k,i wd prefer if they have a :

1.tv out,so that i could watch movies on Tv.

2.would it share the load from cpu on wathchin tv on media center,video converting n editing for a home purposes.

3.Its silent operation would be an added advantage.

4.Plz tell about SLI as well

My Pc config is

Its an HP a1516 in

1 gb 533 Mhz RAM(960 Mb as shown)
160 Gb HDD
Ati Radeon Xpress 200 Series
PCIe X16 Slot
Media center 2005 SP3
P Iv 3.06 Ghz HT
400 watts of SMPS if m not wrong,still tel me how to check it.

Thanks

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Re: Graphics Cards query

my system info >>

--------[ AIDA32 (c) 1995-2004 Tamas Miklos ]------------------------------------------------------------------------------[ Summary ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:

Motherboard:

Display:

Multimedia:

Storage:
Disk Drive ST3500320AS

am not able to play in high , most new games like assassin creed, bioshock 2 etc... so wanna upgrade my graphics card. now i am confused a bit.. if i am not wrong there are two types of cards.. one that has its own memory and another that shares from the ram.. so which one is better.. ie.. which one should i go for.. suggest brands/models pls. my budget is 10k max. smps/psu is around 400w zebronics. came with the cabinet..

already answered in other thread.

the PSU is a crap.. just 300W
well i m upgrading that!!

if u upgrading PSU beware not to get the CM xtreme power. don't b fooled by its rating like 600W @ 3k or so. its more crap than ur PSU. friends PSU blew up within 7hrs when he attached a GTS250.

Hi,

My Budget is 5k-8k (lower is better),

I'm running Intel Pentium D 3.2 GHz in 945GNT board which have PCI x16 slot with 4GB 667Mhz DDR2 Memory.

I am not in Gaming, But use a lot of photo editing & other multimedia work such as encoding video & converting video.

I want to use 2x17" Samsung Monitor(1280x1024 max they can throw) with dual setup and I upgrade soon 24" or bigger monitor when they available. I just want to expand my workspace.

I am choosing Palit HD4850 as it have two output.

*www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/palit_hd4850/2.htm

Can I get this is above mention budget? Please suggest

P.S:- I am using cooler master 600w PSU with Gladiator cabinet

if u got a good PSU (not CM extreme power of coarse) that can handle the card, go ahead.

Kindly tell me which gpu to buy,Within 6-8k,i wd prefer if they have a :

1.tv out,so that i could watch movies on Tv.

2.would it share the load from cpu on wathchin tv on media center,video converting n editing for a home purposes.

3.Its silent operation would be an added advantage.

4.Plz tell about SLI as well

My Pc config is

Its an HP a1516 in

1 gb 533 Mhz RAM(960 Mb as shown)
160 Gb HDD
Ati Radeon Xpress 200 Series
PCIe X16 Slot
Media center 2005 SP3
P Iv 3.06 Ghz HT
400 watts of SMPS if m not wrong,still tel me how to check it.

Thanks

first of all, ur system is old. & ram is too less. i suggest u upgrade ram by adding 2Gb & with rest of money take HD5670 or HD4670. though i not sure if ur PSU wil be enough to handle the card.

Cilus

laborare est orare

my system info >>

Computer:

Motherboard:

Display:

Multimedia:

Storage:
Disk Drive ST3500320AS

This is probably your graphics card, you are having 3584 MB of ram as most of Nvidia's low end Graphics card use Turbo Cache technology which has its own memory plus its uses some amount of system memory. Probably your card is using rest of the memory.
The other reason may be use of 32 bit OS. Then upgrade to 64 bit OS for using GB of memory.
Now all the Graphics card have their own memory, they may share some of your system memory, like your card.
At 10k here goes your suggestion
Card: MSI HD5750 1GB GDDR5 @ 8.2K (If you want DirectX 11) or PowerColour HD4870 512MB GDDR5 @ 8k (you are ok with DX 10.1, need raw power)
PSU: Zebronics 550W Pro @ 2.8k or Gigabyte 80 Plus Active PFC 460W @ 2.2k

Cilus

laborare est orare

my system info >>

Computer:

Motherboard:

Display:

Multimedia:

Storage:
Disk Drive ST3500320AS

This is probably your graphics card, you are having 3584 MB of ram as most of Nvidia's low end Graphics card use Turbo Cache technology which has its own memory plus its uses some amount of system memory. Probably your card is using rest of the memory.
The other reason may be use of 32 bit OS. Then upgrade to 64 bit OS for using GB of memory.
Now all the Graphics card have their own memory, they may share some of your system memory, like your card.
At 10k here goes your suggestion
Card: MSI HD5750 1GB GDDR5 @ 8.2K (If you want DirectX 11) or PowerColour HD4870 512MB GDDR5 @ 8k (you are ok with DX 10.1, need raw power)
PSU: Zebronics 550W Pro @ 2.8k or Gigabyte 80 Plus Active PFC 460W @ 2.2k

djaydave

Right off the assembly line
Re: Graphics Cards query

Thanks for the reply,but my system can be upgraded to 2Gb only.I have a problem in upgrading as I checked up with the motherboard manufacturer they say I can goto 667 Mhz ram,HP says not beyond 533 Mhz,I'm confused and above all 533 is not available since 2 years and now even 667 is almost gone.So,kindly suggest me that is there a way that I could increase my ram beyond 2gb if yes,i wd still search for a 667 n put em all.Though as if now even if I put more,it doesn't show more than 2 gb.Do you think I need to change my motherboard n Power supply as well.
Thanks
first of all, ur system is old. & ram is too less. i suggest u upgrade ram by adding 2Gb & with rest of money take HD5670 or HD4670. though i not sure if ur PSU wil be enough to handle the card.[/QUOTE]

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ divyam - mention your total budget for the psu and gfx card. Then it will be easier to suggest the best combo for you :p

@ dissel - HD4850 is a very good card but as your needs are photo editing and video encoding you will benefit more by using nvidia cuda and the GTS250 ( power consumption is 10W more as compared to HD4850 ) is what I suggest you.

But as Sam.Shab has told see if you can get a new psu though I've seen people running a HD4890 using a CM Extreme 500W :p

dissel

Cyborg Agent

Thanks Sam.Shab & topgear for early replying.

@topgear,

nvidia cuda GTS 250 have dual output ? DVI-D Type ? and is it available 5k-8k price bracket?

My PSU is CM Power Plus 600W...Can it run ?

Is it available shop like Vedant /Eastern Logica? Please reply.

Top Bottom