Graphics Cards related queries here.

utsav

damn busy...
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

@ hash .i have already made up my mind for that after seeing a lot of things.i hav mentioned earlier that my budget is low .i just want to play games at high settings thats why i want a agp.a onboard gfx solution is not required.and upgrading the board to a pci-e one will be out of budget for me.
my current board is a great overclocker and i already play NFS MW on it with decent settings.so upgrading to agp is the best solution for me.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Need suggestion regarding graphics card

Hi all
I am just going to buy a graphics card ,an pci-e card.
Please suggest few good ones and thier price.
Now i have 6200 tc nvidia.
Please do reply fast.tom morning i am going to buy

hash!!

________

utsav said:
@ hash .i have already made up my mind for that after seeing a lot of things.i hav mentioned earlier that my budget is low .i just want to play games at high settings thats why i want a agp.a onboard gfx solution is not required.and upgrading the board to a pci-e one will be out of budget for me.
my current board is a great overclocker and i already play NFS MW on it with decent settings.so upgrading to agp is the best solution for me.

hehh yeaah... i understand... being on a budget sucks... i waited 3 years for a proper upgrade...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Re: Need suggestion regarding graphics card

Dont mind, I was just wondering as one Senior member how can you miss this ?? *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5193 :(

as On topic... well 8400 is Rs. 2600/- + TAX
XFX 8600 GT is Rs. 6700/- + TAX
XFX 8800 GTS 320 MB is Rs. 15000/- + TAX

@MODs if possible then please marge the threads :)

thnx :)

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!

Guys i am going to buy a graphics card ..i am planning for 7 series.as i am not going to use directX 10 for some time.
So is there a good card in which i can overclock and use it br costly ones.
I am having two cards in mind.
7600 and 7900 .i dont know the price.which one is good?or is there anyother card out there?
And also my budget is 6k .please reply someone as i am going to buy today.thanks

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Re: Need suggestion regarding graphics card

Thanks chota.
Sorry for not looking into that thread before.
Just was in a hurry and opened the thread.there is 100+ PAGES .anyway thanks for the reply.
What about 7 series?
My budget is 6k

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?

Dude 7900 is way way better than 7600(for that matter even a lot better than 8600) but it is certainly expensive.A 7900gs would be around 10k i guess.
Look dude a 8600 is atleast as good as 7600 if not better and has DX10 support as well.I would pick 8600 over 7600 anyday and with the release of newer drivers the performance of 8600 is getting better and better.
And besides there is hardly Rs500-700 price difference between 7600 and 8600.Its your call dude.

Who

Guess Who's Back

8600 GT beats 7900 GT by some margine in shader based games (oblivion), also you can now overclock your shaders with riva tuner 2.05 but in memory intensive games (F.E.A.R, company of heroes) it loses to 7900 GT by some margine. future games will be more shader based expect some exceptions. so going with 8600 GT is a good choice. (if you are into movies like me, you will love 8600 GT, purevideo is really cool.)

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

@smit
8600GT can't be compared with a 7900GT. Its hell lot better than 8600GT, or even 8600GTS.
8600GT dun even come close to 7900GS.
And even GF 6 series has purevideo decoder enuf for todays videos. An 8600GT is no better than a 7900GS on video quality.

@naveen_reloaded
for 6k, what u can max get is 7600GT. But i prefer 8600GT as more future proof.
7600GT too can be overclocked extremely. Im running my 7600GT @ 690/1580 from 560/1400. These clocks are much higher than XFX FATAL1TY.
Just check how much an 8600GT can be max oced via riva tuner nd decide.

Last edited:

Who

Guess Who's Back

^ hey dude i know what i am talking about , you see when 8600 gt came out there was only one title that was shader based & the title was 'oblivion' now more games are coming which are shader based..i also discussed this in this thread, posting many links etc.. also if you still don't believe me search any review which uses the nvidia drivers 163.44 or above, the underclocked 8600 GT beats 7900 GT in oblivion.....& the fact is 8600 GT can be overclocked to 715/1600/860 with ease without volt clocking , 7900 GT can't even touch it(in shader based games)...also 8600 GT uses purevideo 4 , for details check out anadtech for more info , there are no other nvidia cards out there that can match 86xx series in movie quaility , try to watch a HD video on hd-TV With 86xx series card , it looks awesome.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!

Guys thanks for all the replies.
I am really confused.
Can i use two 7600 later say 8 months later.will it be worth.i saw some comparison somewhere where 8600 was last in directX 10 cards.what shall i do.or is it that i have to get a new one saw after few months?please reply guys. I am hours away from getting the card.

hash!!

________

hehh.. dude, theres no such thing as being futureproof... and i guess theres no harm goin for a 7 series card if dx10 is your worry.... dx10 is only on vista, and the transition from xp to vista is gonna take a lotta time... and these so called dx10 card in the ati 2xxx series and the nvidia 8 series arent quite great when benchmarked on dx10 standards... in my opinion, game studios arent gonna start selling hardcore dx10 stuff till the time vista is as widespread as xp...
remember the initial bug-ridden xp and the whole skeptism in everyone about shifting from windows 98/winme etc to xp? and now the whole thing's happenin again i guess, and it'l take some time, so theres no point in being dx10 if you arent using vista... and for a long time, dx10 games are gonna be backwards compatible... :)

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!

hash!! said:
hehh.. dude, theres no such thing as being futureproof... and i guess theres no harm goin for a 7 series card if dx10 is your worry.... dx10 is only on vista, and the transition from xp to vista is gonna take a lotta time... and these so called dx10 card in the ati 2xxx series and the nvidia 8 series arent quite great when benchmarked on dx10 standards... in my opinion, game studios arent gonna start selling hardcore dx10 stuff till the time vista is as widespread as xp...
remember the initial bug-ridden xp and the whole skeptism in everyone about shifting from windows 98/winme etc to xp? and now the whole thing's happenin again i guess, and it'l take some time, so theres no point in being dx10 if you arent using vista... and for a long time, dx10 games are gonna be backwards compatible... :)

Thanks mate.can anyone tell me is there a card next to 7600 which is better?
And what is the price difference between 7600 and 7900?
And one more question.currently i have 6200 tc..
What can i expect from the upgrade,just curious...
And since i am going to install vista until their service Pack.so i will go with one of the 7 series..
Thanks all for the replies.

utsav

damn busy...

7600 7900 and 8600 r much much faster than 6200tc atleast 4 times performance boost

hash!!

________

i have some major trouble/confusion... i was tryin to log my temperatures, and take a look at this:
*img208.imageshack.us/img208/9818/29597760wl3.th.jpg
what the hell is nforce? i mean i opened up my cabinet and checked if it was that blistering hot... i mean 176c should be bloody hot? but it was totally normal... even the copper heatsink on the mobo was alright (i have an asus m2ne), i mean i kept my hand on whatever heatsinks i could find and they were all okay... but this 176 has pretty much creeped me out majorly!
help people!! loll...

@ naveen : *www23.tomshardware.com/graphics_2007.html
that'l answer you performance related queries... it has a whole list of how cards perform under different resolutions... or just select overall games fps and see what the grand total for each card is...

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!

thnks hash for the link..
i cant even find 6200 tc in that list ..anyway ,, then i think i may expect as utsav said atleast a 4x increase in speed..

any price details guys ???

and wht is the price diff between gt and gs??? 7600

Last edited:

utsav

damn busy...

@hash i think ur readings r not correct.hav a look at ur fan speeds 30k+RPM .its too much.and if it would hav been 176 degrees then ur cabby paint would hav been burnt

hash!!

________

utsav said:
@hash i think ur readings r not correct.hav a look at ur fan speeds 30k+RPM .its too much.and if it would hav been 176 degrees then ur cabby paint would hav been burnt

hehh yeaah... im hoping someone has a solution, cause i dont quite want my system to go up in flames lolz...