Google Nexus 4 Thread

pratyush997

Inactive
Alleged LG Nexus 5 Specs Leak; Codenamed 'Megalodon'

*androidandme.com/2013/03/news/rumor-is-this-the-lg-nexus-5/

randomuser111

Technomancer
No, I don't have any money or company ask random. He will sponse by Sony India. :p

LOL :D Why will I/Sony sponsor Nexus 4 drop test ? Sony/ Me have nothing to do with Nexus 4 :p

So please ask LG India or Google India :)

Alleged LG Nexus 5 Specs Leak; Codenamed 'Megalodon'

*androidandme.com/2013/03/news/rumor-is-this-the-lg-nexus-5/

Already proved fake. Check Phonearena

prudhivisekhar

In the zone
HeHehe, either way anyone side of the glass will crack. If the back cracks, camera will not work, if front gets damaged, nothing will work :D

tkin

Back to school!!
No no no, you are not supposed to drop test a phone, unless its nokia from 2008 or before :rolleyes:

rider

as Kratos
LOL :D Why will I/Sony sponsor Nexus 4 drop test ? Sony/ Me have nothing to do with Nexus 4 :p

So please ask LG India or Google India :)

Already proved fake. Check Phonearena

Simply because this is how you/sony india show that their Xperia Z has stronger build quality than Nexus 4. :p
And why people have started rumor mills of Nexus 5? There will be no new nexus phone before november. :)

No no no, you are not supposed to drop test a phone, unless its nokia from 2008 or before :rolleyes:

I had thrown my 5800XM dozen of times in rage. :oops: It worked perfect. Hats off to Nokia.

tkin

Back to school!!
Simply because this is how you/sony india show that their Xperia Z has stronger build quality than Nexus 4. :p
And why people have started rumor mills of Nexus 5? There will be no new nexus phone before november. :)

I had thrown my 5800XM dozen of times in rage. :oops: It worked perfect. Hats off to Nokia.
Same phone, same results, now I have to handle my L9 like a newborn baby :D :D

OP
guru_urug

guru_urug

iGoogle
Hey rider, you told about risk of adulteration because the phone box seal is broken and then resealed by that ebay seller. Man I was very excited, but u got me paranoid :p and now you are buying from him :-D

Anyway Im going to Alfa tmrw. Lets hope the n4 is available for cheaper there, else Im buying from ebay too. Im tired of my old LG optimus one which has served me very well for over 2 yrs. And taken a lot of abuse. Dropped several times, many times face down, still working like a boss!! Only thing is that now I find it too slow....ARM11 msm7227 procy is showing its age :p

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Great now this is a Nexus 4 thread. I'll share a few pics and benchmarks

This is what you get in the box
*i46.tinypic.com/25ho2h3.jpg

Antutu Benchmark
*i50.tinypic.com/in6cuu.png

Vellamo metal
*i45.tinypic.com/21lvhvb.png

Vellamo HTML
*i49.tinypic.com/2hx1s2c.png

Geekbench2 (this is after changing the kernel, on stock kernel it was 1892)
*i47.tinypic.com/2e4x4cn.png

Battery Usage
*i45.tinypic.com/10rvk75.png

*i47.tinypic.com/dbo2vm.png

Now the battery usage will vary depending on screen brightness and whether on wifi/3G. in the above usage scenario I kept brightness on Auto and was mostly on Wifi. battery life reduces on 3G but is good on 2G/Wifi. approx 3hrs screen time on 3G.

So I have rooted the device and installed a custom kernel (franco) but still on stock rom. this is said to improve battery life and get upto 6hrs screen-on time.....I'll update once I've used it for a couple of days.

rider

as Kratos
Hey rider, you told about risk of adulteration because the phone box seal is broken and then resealed by that ebay seller. Man I was very excited, but u got me paranoid :p and now you are buying from him :-D

Anyway Im going to Alfa tmrw. Lets hope the n4 is available for cheaper there, else Im buying from ebay too. Im tired of my old LG optimus one which has served me very well for over 2 yrs. And taken a lot of abuse. Dropped several times, many times face down, still working like a boss!! Only thing is that now I find it too slow....ARM11 msm7227 procy is showing its age :p

Sorry for that brother. I deleted that post. :oops: Today I talked to seller and got to know about the products in details. Phones are actually brought from US retail store in a big stock unlike others who are selling in few numbers. The phones come in a big carton of 10 boxes then packed by seller himself. Don't worry there would be no chances of adulteration. They sold over 150 pieces from ebay. No negative rating by anyone yet.
Alfa store mumbai is selling it for 30k. They have now become a very reputable shopkeepers. Hence they build some attitude, it's very difficult to bargain.
I done the payment for 25.7k and I suggest you to get from e-next. Don't worry. :)

rider

as Kratos
Now like a good guy | Ship the device to me :twisted:

RIP Rumors :|
LG Google Nexus 5 - Rumored Specs, Features & Pricing Details

Worst rumor. Nikon khud toh dhang ke compact cameras nahi bana pata, phones ke sensors banane laga, wah! :rofl:

pratyush997

Inactive
Dude but it seems kinda real news
Link, Link

BTW :F##kThatShit: ! Are you shipping the device to me ?? :D