Gaming PC or Console (and which one)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
B

bippukt

In the zone
Does the PS3 have a component cable in its box? Because if it doesn't, I don't see any point in buying it as composite cable will deliver unacceptable graphics on my TV. 360 Pro has a component cable in its box - not a bad thing, eh?

And the retailers near where I live all seem to stock many more 360 games than ps3 ones - especially those less than 2000...

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

*Head Explodes*

EDIT - I really don't want a 360 with only 6 months warranty. I would rather buy a PS3 with all the reliability issues floating around :D

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
Does the PS3 have a component cable in its box? Because if it doesn't, I don't see any point in buying it as composite cable will deliver unacceptable graphics on my TV. 360 Pro has a component cable in its box - not a bad thing, eh?

And the retailers near where I live all seem to stock many more 360 games than ps3 ones - especially those less than 2000...

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

*Head Explodes*

EDIT - I really don't want a 360 with only 6 months warranty. I would rather buy a PS3 with all the reliability issues floating around :D

ur queries abt connections have been answered very well in the other thread...

360 provides 1 year fully warranty and a extended 2 year warranty for RROD cases.

so total u have a 3 year warranty...some what...

if u REALLY need to buy a console...PS# is good for you.or every time u turn it on u will be afraid....with a ps3 ther is none. the games not availablity is a passe argument. now its released for both..if u plan to go orginal then buy only ps3..and invest in 3 or 4 games a month...if needed...2 is also good..u dont have to play all the games in the world do you???

and PSN is also free..no intiuitive as Live tough...hey its free..smile....

Hope ur confusion is now over... ;)

OP
B

bippukt

In the zone
not completely...please look at the other thread as my question/doubt belongs there :)

And hey! Did I say thanks for all these long and helpful posts that you have written? Thanks :)

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^^.....

which ones....just ask them all at one place..very good for others too..i mean guys with same pblms....

dont mention it..:cool: :)

OP
B

bippukt

In the zone
Oops! Already done...and you were too fast for me :p

EDIT - Pasting the question here.

I am still not sure as to whether PS3 has what we call the "component cable" or not?

The AV outputs listed for 40 GB ps3 in India are:

- HDMI output (dunno if they give the cable too)
- AV multi output (what the hell is this?)
- Digital output (this is for sound I guess)

OP
B

bippukt

In the zone
Well then, XBox 360 would be better for me, won't it? At least in the short term. I mean, the 360 pro comes with the component cable (and the HDD which is absolutely essential...why pay 2k for a 64 MB mem card?). Whereas the ps3 will come with an HDMI cable which I can't use for the time being. I mean that the 360 will give me better graphics on my TV and it would be easier to hook it up to my monitor (play-asia stocks it for $30 plus customs duty to be added) than the PS3.

If my TV supports higher than 480i in the first place. And that's a big IF for <10k TV :(

PS - I have dumped the plan of the 360 pro with 4 free games - that one had a manufacturing date of mid-2006. As for PS3 - I have two version available - 25k ps3 40GB or 27k ps3 40GB with GTAIV. Both have mfd dates of May, 2008.

PPS - That doesn't mean that I have decided on the PS3 though ;)

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
Now i am confused what are u trying to say...

first para u said 360 is good for you....then ps3..then not ps3 again....

buy a second hand 360 that will be enough for you..and for rest upgrade ur pc....
the second hand ps3 with warranty only....Lots of guys are giving up their 360 coz of RROD and PS3....u just profit on that...u get a 360 for 15k max....it WILL have warranty....or just buy with one....there was a guy in the bazaar itself..not me..mine sold just now.... buy it....DONT buy a BRAND NEW ONE...u will feel sorry....

u think ur first console..u need to buy a new one..dont....experince says..its more bang for buck..even if it RROD..if it got warranty..replace it..or if modded or off-region..repair it..or buy a new console only...just the console....u get for 5k to 7k....just the white box..nothing else...yeas lots of ppl are selling like that...coz MS positioned that product like that....

if u buy new one then go for ps3....get the most NEW SKU....whatever ur budget allows..and buy 2 games(My pick MGS4 and GTA4...:)) and a DS3..the latest controler type...which has rumble feature..no the ones in the pack is six axis..it doesnt have the rumble feature...so total could be like upto 24+4+2.3 a 30k budget...play it...then sell it...keep cycling...i can tell u lots of places for stuff like that..or if u looking to buy seconds ps3 too that also can be arranged...PM me for these kinda details...i will give u links...

i know a guy selling ps3(1 month old)+gta+ds3 for 24k.... :) ...so u decide.... :)

phew..hope it helps...

OP
B

bippukt

In the zone
PMed you. BTW, I won't be coming to office the next two days and so will probably not be able to contact you until then.

OP
B

bippukt

In the zone
Well, I have been sick since a looong time, so couldn't update this thread about my final decision. I have finally decided to NOT buy any of the three. I got a 19" LCD though [:D]...I am waiting for the hardware to get cheaper and more importantly, for my bank balance to get higher [:)]

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
Obsessive-Gadget-Buying-Syndrome ...... its a disease..... lots have it very bad including me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom