Free DVDs/CDs on the web ! ! [UPDATED] (All links together)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netjunkie

In the zone
Re: SOME MORE LINKS

rajivnedungadi said:
Here are a few more links. I have ordered the CDs from here but not received anything so far. You can order at your own risk.

*www.wrightwayrecords.com/Web Pages/free_cd.htm

*www.netexpressusa.com/forms/oil_book.htm

*www.reliabilityweb.com/forms/dotline.htm

*www.pogolinux.com/systems/linuxcd.html

All the links except the third one are not free. Shipping charges apply or they are for free delivery only in the US or Canada.

Please check before you post.

swades

Broken In
For the first link, its written clearly that outside US shipping charges may apply.

The second link is for US & Canada only.

The forth link is also for US residents.

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
swades said:
For the first link, its written clearly that outside US shipping charges may apply.

The second link is for US & Canada only.

The forth link is also for US residents.

I AM SORRY ABOUT POSTING THOSE LINKS WHICH WERE FOR US AND CANADA ONLY...I HAVE DELETED THOSE POSTS

OP
S

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Thnx @rajivnedungadi, for the collection but I feel its not complete. @siriusb, I was thinking of dong what you said for sometime now and thnx for reminding me..

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
//siddhartha// said:
rajivnedungadi said:
The CDs are FREE but you will be charged postage for Ubuntu.....I bought 100 copies and had to pay a price of Rs.1000/- as Postage......Please be careful and another thing is that they sent me an older version of the software
I think you are wrong.. I received 25 CDs (17 x86, 4 AMD/Athlon, 4 PowerPC) and they neither charged me for postage and nor for the CDs.. Wonder what they saw in you ? ?

*www.ubuntulinux.org/support/documentation/faq/shipit/

Just to prove my words.....some lines from the above link

Will I have to pay taxes/duties?

While the CDs and the shipping are completely free of charge, taxes and duties that customs in your country decide to charge you is not within Canonical's control. The larger the order, the larger the chance of the shipment being stopped and the larger the duty that could be demanded.
For the vast majority of shipments (including the vast number of small or relatively small shipments), duties have not be charged and CDs have passed through borders without problems. In several countries (e.g., Croatia, Macedonia, Serbia and Montenegro and others), even small shipments of CDs have been stopped.
Currently, because most shipments are passing customs untaxed, we do not include a list of the values for the CDs on each package. However, in some situations, this has made customs officials suspicious. In the future, we will list a value on shipments to the most problematic countries in regards to customs and all of those shipments will be taxed. That list will be posted here.
At the moment, here is our advice in regards to taxes/duties:
Anyone ordering a large shipment of CDs should first check with their local customs officials before they place an order in the database. Explaining that the CDs are free before could save a huge headache in the future.

Thanks

Now you know what they saw in me.....

OP
S

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
OK, Actually, most order only some 10 - 50 CDs and so nobody thinks of so massive an order. Anyways, its good you mentioned the FAQ fact. BTW, why did you mention i t so late??

OP
S

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
OK, Actually, most order only some 10 - 50 CDs and so nobody thinks of so massive an order. Anyways, its good you mentioned the FAQ fact. BTW, why did you mention i t so late??

champ_rock

champ_rock
ubuntu

hi i can provide u with ubuntu cd's ...if u cant wait.....
just contact me at champ (underscore) rock (at) yahoo dot com

OP
S

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
@champ_rock, but you will charge for the postage. We are talking about everything FREE.. So, let evryone wait a li'l more time for their CDs..

champ_rock

champ_rock
no probs man... they can wait................and offcourse i was going to charge for the postage.........actually i got the cd's which i was not able to distribute,.....

nix

hi

i got the ubuntu cd's 3 days ago. i didnt have to pay. and i got the project (gutenbert?) dvd about 3 weeks ago.

champ_rock

champ_rock
hey man how can u order more dvd's in one shipment from gutenberg ..................where is tyhat option,.........

anubhav_har

In the zone
I recieved my Windows XP SP2 cd and DAVE school of Animation DVD yesterday... waiting for Ubuntu and others that I ordered...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom