Free DVDs/CDs on the web ! ! [UPDATED] (All links together)

Status
Not open for further replies.

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
LOT OF THINGS HAVE CHANGED SINCE I POSTED THIS.. So, am updating the contents a li'l more:

:arrow: 10,000 books free DVD:
Well, I know this for quite some time and most of you will be aware of it.. Yet this is for all newbies and those who don't know..
Get a free DVD/CD delivered to your home (devoid of postal charges) containing more than 10,000 eBooks.. It has everything.. From Arabian Nights to Robert Louis Stevenson..
Fill in the form here:

*www.gutenberg.org/cdproject/dvdform-int.html

And you are done! Within 2-3 weeks, the DVD/CD will reach you.. THIS IS LEGAL..
:arrow: UBUNTU Linux free CDs:
Get yourself as many LINUX (Ubuntu) CDs you want for free. Keep some for yourself, distribute among your friends.. The link is:

*shipit.ubuntulinux.org/

Hope you will like the above.. Enjoy! ;-) Siddhartha

----------------------------
EDITED:

All the links posted till now are:

Free eBooks DVD/CD:
*www.gutenberg.org/cdproject/dvdf-int.html

Free UBUNTU Linux CDs:
*shipit.ubuntulinux.org/

Free PETA DVD of vegetarianism:
*www.goveg.com/feat/chewonthis/order.asp

Free 2 CDs on Bible and How the World Will End:
*www.scripturessay.com/freecd.html

Free BIBLE and booklet on CD:
*en.bibleinfo.com/gift/

Free WIN XP Service Pack 2 CD:NO LONGER FREE. Rs. 252/-
*www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx

Free Hindi/Tamil software tools from India Government:
*www.ildc.in/

Free Linux/Windows SEK CD sets:
*www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/offers/sek/?S_TACT=105AGX22&S_CMP=DEMOS

Free Trend Micro evaluation CD:
*www.trendmicro.com/download/free_cd/

Free Keil CD:
*www.keil.com/demo/cdrom.asp

Free Microsoft accesibility CD: ONLY FOR US
*ms.kpcorp.com/msaccessxp/AspxFiles/OrderForm.aspx

Free Daveschool Animation DVD:
*daveschool.longtermsolutions.com/

Free ChemSoft DVD:
*www.cambridgesoft.com/

Free NATO DVD and other wallcharts, booklets, etc. (DVD no longer available but FLAG GAME CD is)
*www.nato.int/docu/pub-form.htm

Free RAGNAROK Game CD:NOW Rs. 100/-
*www.level-up-games.co.in/freecd.php

----------------------------
Please inform me if I have missed any links.
>> Siddhartha :wink:

UNNECESSARY LINKS WERE REMOVED. IF ANY MORE FREE DVD/CD OFFERS R KNOWN TO U, POST THEM HERE

>>> Siddhartha ( *sidroy.wordpress.com/ )

OP
S

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
rajivnedungadi said:
The CDs are FREE but you will be charged postage for Ubuntu.....I bought 100 copies and had to pay a price of Rs.1000/- as Postage......Please be careful and another thing is that they sent me an older version of the software
I think you are wrong.. I received 25 CDs (17 x86, 4 AMD/Athlon, 4 PowerPC) and they neither charged me for postage and nor for the CDs.. Wonder what they saw in you ? ?

Biplav

In the zone
@siddhartha- are u sure that this is free. i would be trusting u and placing the order. so just make a confirmation that it is absolutely free(the ebooks one)

OP
S

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Come on, yaar,, I have already ordered CDs and DVDs of the eBOOks for 11 of my friends.. Why should I joke on this forum? Moreover, this is only to make sure everybody gets good reading books at minimum price (while it is free for you) You can donate if you want to.. But you can get the CDs without costs..

Wizard

Journeyman
//siddhartha// said:
Come on, yaar,, I have already ordered CDs and DVDs of the eBOOks for 11 of my friends.. Why should I joke on this forum? Moreover, this is only to make sure everybody gets good reading books at minimum price (while it is free for you) You can donate if you want to.. But you can get the CDs without costs..

Wht do these people gain by this ??

Deep U listining, I am sure u will hav an answer

Biplav

In the zone
@Wizard: i dont think this is done with the purpose of gaining money.
these are a good way of advertisement as any ordinary person will get excited whenever he hears the word "FREE". so this way they are able to market their products
and people like us who wouldnt have known that such a site/organisation existed now we do and when we meet others we ll tell them too
Just as Siddhartha did here.

many companies initially give away free commodities on their 1st day of launch, anniversary etc. So i think this is just like that-To attract People.
I am not Sure but this is wat i think :arrow: :wink:

OP
S

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
This is for @Wizard: If you go to Gutenberg.org, you will realize what the people are trying to do out there.. The website has thousands of volunteers who dsitribute these CDs and DVDs so that people get the best of literature no matter whether they are rich or poor. This is a non-profit organization and you can donate through PayPal if you want to.
As for UBUNTU CDs, I ordered 25 CDs of UBUNTU (as written earlier) on 27-28th February (that is UBUNTU version 4.10) and got the CDs in the end of March.. So, plz wait for atleast 1-1/2 months for the UBUNTU CDs..
The eBooks DVD or CD (wahtever you ordered) will be mailed to you in 2- 3 weeks.. So, you will get it in less than a month....
So, enjoy!!!! ;-) Siddharha

OP
S

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
This is another free DVD offer for you all:
All of you must have heard of PETA -- PEOPLE FOR ETHICAL TREATMENT OF ANIMALS (they endorse Vegetarianism and fight for animals, etc..) PETA offers a free DVD called "CHEW ON THIS" which talks of REASONS TO GO VEGETARIAN. I don't know if you are interested but just for the sake its free, you can order it here:

*www.goveg.com/feat/chewonthis/order.asp

If you guys have any free CD/DVD offer on the internet, you can include it here..
>Siddhartha

kumarmohit

Technomancer
I got all the UBUNTU Cds ver5.10 in around 2 months -- Ordered 20 cds (10/5/5)as soon as orders opened in March for 5.10 and got it as Bday gift on May 10,...What do you mean devoid of postage charges do i have to postage to them or not for the ebooks cds..

OP
S

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
For your information, @cheetah, I would like 2 assure you that no postage will be charged for the CDs... I have already received them... OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom