FEDORA 4 + I NEED HELP!!! (same probs as SUSE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satissh S

Youngling
ok .. adit , try with /dev/sda1.. /dev/sda2 upto /dev/sda4.. but is the usb's light blinking..?? and 4 da sound post back what u get out of the following..

1. cat /proc/asound/cards

2. /etc/init.d/alsasound restart
u get ny error messages from it?

3. lspci | grep -i audio

Give me u'r entire specs such as motherboard name.. model code, manufacturer name and MOST IMPORTANTLY audio hardware name such as Intel HD AUDIO.. etc.,

know adit.. that the support must be enabled in the kernel.. a part of the os.. for u'r hardware to work.. and remember that no hardware is unsupported.. just that u need drivers for it.. I'll tell ya how to do.. but fr now dont lose hope.. we are making this work.. but why not ask one of u'r professors to help u _by hand_ . :p

OP
adit_sen

adit_sen

In the zone
hi..
i just learned that at my university, where they have use the same network that I am trying to get access to, they have configured the proxy server through the firewall settings. so how to i edit the firewall settings in fedora? i remeber that I had selected 'no firewall' during installiation. is there any way I can enable it and then edit the configuration?
@satish....i'll post the output of what all u've specified once i get back home tonite....jus to let u kno, my prof's say that i shud try to figure it out myself than just asking him straight away...lol...

peace..
aditya

OP
adit_sen

adit_sen

In the zone
@satish...
here's my output of lspci | grep -i audio
00:1e Multimedia audio controller: Interl Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 03)

2. for /etc/init.d/alsasound restart i got plenty of error messages. alsa device not found etc etc

My hardware details are as follows
1. Intel 915GM Mobile Chipset Motherboard - I dont have any more details beyond this for my motherboard, as my laptop documentation does not specify it.
2. My sound card is onboard Conextant AC-Link Audio.

I guess I should also mention that when I run 'system-config-soundcard' and I choose 'play test sound', in the terminal the following error msg appears

amixer: mixer attach hw:0 error: no such file or directory
aplay: main:sos audio open error:no such file or directory

-aditya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom