FBI charges Megaupload operators with piracy crimes

DDIF

Custom User Title
SOPA, PIPA, China's the Great Firewall, Indian Ban on file sharing and N Korea's Internet isolation, GOD! All this happens to us(the end user) and no one ask us before doing anything like this. Not even the Biggest Democracy in the whole world(that is India if you don't know ;) ).

No one seems to care what we want. Just one request guys, please use TOR and run TOR relays to counter such bans for us and for any one in other countries.
And pray to the god of internet, may be something will happen.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Now the worse things: after the take down of megaupload several other file-hosting sites are as good as dead. :-/

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
hmmm
dont think the music thing was a big threat
whenever a TV serial, song, game or ebook bundle is uploaded on a file sharing site, there are many people who share these links on say twitter or even facebook. Now there is someone paid to protect all this intellectual property, and they send cease and desist notices and report each and every one of these users, or at least, many of these users, for a site like twitter, they have to necessarily ban the account, and remove the tweets that link to the infringing content
in short megaupload was actively encouraging piracy with its very existence, so they made many, many others commit the offense
think this played at least a partial role in the kind of action taken against them

tkin

Back to school!!
To hell with FBI, VPN+Torrents will reap the heart out of MAFIA/RIAA, I've seen VPN services for 7$ a month(BTGuard), 350/- is cheap for such high speed services.

PS: I do not support piracy, but they crossed the line this time, I use filesharing sites to send bulk images, videos to friends, now its shut down. I didn't use megaupload, but hosts like filesonic, fileserve were good.

buddyram

New Voyage
Will the data be deleted by thursday = > mega-crash!!

Most of the megaupload users would be apprehensive about this...

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Will the data be deleted by thursday = > mega-crash!!

I don't have any personal data on megaupload servers, but it would be a tragic end to a lot of legitimate megaupload users! :(
And I vote totally against the act of deleting it!

OSxSnowLeopard

Journeyman
My life time account on mu is useless now. Purchased it for about 9k 7-8yrs back when mu was launched. This is bs.

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
Sorry for waking up this thread again. But I think I got another answer (relate to page 1).
I want to purchase Humble Bundle. I put 9$ in it. But proceeding towards payment I see I need PayPal account for payment. I even tried to open a PayPal account but its not acepting my VISA debit card. So what would I do now if I want the bundles? Move to pirate sites ?