Fastest Browser..(based on personal experience)

Which browser is the fastest brower based on your personal experience.?

• Internet Explorer 8

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Firefox

Votes: 119 43.8%
  • Safari

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Google Chrome

Votes: 56 20.6%
  • Opera

Votes: 82 30.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edburg

In the zone
I just used Opera 10 and it feels lightning fast..even better than version 9

No bugs so far in my usage..but its still alpha

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
If you are using javascript heavy websites, Safari and Chrome(built on webtoolkit) will work faster than Opera, FF or IE!

BTW chrome is yet to reach a mature stage. And we all know that google products can be in BETA stage for a very long time!

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Perhaps the OP should clarify the context of "fast". If we're talking about loading times for stable releases, I'd go with FF3. I've had countless "resolving host" delays in Chrome and Opera 9.62 just isn't speedy enough. For load times though, it's a toss-up between Chrome and K-Meleon. But K-Meleon takes the cake because it has a smaller memory footprint than Chrome.
The default browser on my laptops: Firefox
Default broswer on an older PC: K-Meleon

OP
Sathish

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
Perhaps the OP should clarify the context of "fast".

Yes. it should mean for only "loading times "irrespective of images, videos,etc..

One more thing. Chrome is becoming faster than ff..i think Google will win this war in near future.

4T7

Journeyman
Yes. it should mean for only "loading times "irrespective of images, videos,etc..

One more thing. Chrome is becoming faster than ff..i think Google will win this war in near future.
It will take a lot of time to even reach half of the market share FX currently has

K

Keithxm23

It's been Firefox for me. Tried Chrome and Opera too. But I still think FF3 takes the cake. I dont see a lot of difference between FF3 and Opera on my connection but I'd side with FF3 thanks to the addon experience. :)

OP
Sathish

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
Hey, its mine.
i just open the four browsers in my system and load the "ibnlive" website.
In my dataplan, ie8 beta 2 loads quicker than others..
Since my intention is only to know the quick loading time instead of feature, i voted for IE8beta2. :cool:

A

ananthas86

In my opinion,Firefox 3,though it takes more time to start than google chrome,its performance is that what pleases me.Chrome makes my 7 year old computer crawl on its knees with 100% CPU utilization...
I would say,with minimum resources,U cant beat firefox..I have already tried a lot of browsers including opera and safari...

The worst browser i have ever used is safari..

By the way my system configuration is..
Pentium 4 1.6GHz
512 MB 266MHz RAM
40 GB 5200 RPM Samsung HDD
Sony DVD-ROM
Samsung DVD-RW (Only Brand new component 1 month old,had to hunt around 5 shops to find an IDE Burner...:p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom