Fastest Browser..(based on personal experience)

Which browser is the fastest brower based on your personal experience.?

• Internet Explorer 8

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Firefox

Votes: 119 43.8%
  • Safari

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Google Chrome

Votes: 56 20.6%
  • Opera

Votes: 82 30.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chetan1991

Youngling
Opera is the best!!!! esp. to view sites full of flash n pics
although Firefox is also good.
I hate That *&$@$*^ IE !!!!

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
@betruger ..how can u compare browser speeds ..all the ppl have diff net speeds at different times of a day ....what i suggest u to do is that install 5-6 browsers on ur PC and then open some flash heavy website one by one in each and then note the difference in times ..then u will really see which browser is fastest...

hahahari

In the zone
I love opera. Its a lot faster than FF too. The only problem with opera is it is not supported in many sites and toolbars dont work in it. If only opera was more site compatible, I would not need a backup FF installation :(

^^WRONG AGAIN.

Speed is not about download speed - thats common. Speed is determined by other factors, like efficiency of rendering engine. The time taken to transfer file from internet to your PC and DISPLAY it the correct way. Its also determined by your OS, internet connection, system configuration, currently open applications, stuff in cache, various plugins like flash, java, etc.

Infact, going by pure rendering speed, NOTHING IN THE WORLD beats Lynx/Links browser. Just use it once and see. But they are the last browsers most people would think of using. Why ? Just read up wikipedia for that :p

kuki_295

Journeyman
I have ff3 and google chrome on the laptop(not very powerfull) and i have experienced it that ff takes longer to start as it takes more resources.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Infact, going by pure rendering speed, NOTHING IN THE WORLD beats Lynx/Links browser.
very true ..Gautam...u made me remember my 2nd yr engg days ..All of us used to go to Computer center and then type in dumb unix 386 and 486 machines at command line -->lynx *www.indiatimes.com..all in black and white ..ONLY text..and it was super duper fast :)

OP
Sathish

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
.what i suggest u to do is that install 5-6 browsers on ur PC and then open some flash heavy website one by one in each and then note the difference in times ..then u will really see which browser is fastest...

hi friend..
I know that lot of things are under the speed and everybody have different bandwidth plans/configuration..so that i have created this thread to find their experience especially on speed..

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Opera forever in speed.........ff in't too bad but speed sucks due to plugins ,ff has no match in terms of customisation.....but i love both of them........

IE7/8 sucks any time for me.....I NEVER USE IE...

have never tried other browsers than these 3

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
i have both opera and Firefox..
but my experience is Firefox is slightly faster than opera..

i request the guys to test all the browsers before they will vote..
once again i reminds..
my intention of this poll is to expose the result only based on the user's experience.
pl co-operate..
The browser that works faster on your machine may not work as fast on my machine. So practically, there isn't much you can do about the statistics collected in this poll. It a pure waste of time, except when you want to fight like fanboys.

OP
Sathish

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
The browser that works faster on your machine may not work as fast on my machine.

can you explain this briefly plzz..

i think, browser speed is depended on the user's bandwidth plan/configuration.

but,your are not understand my view..
bcoz.. my intention of this thread is only to find the user's experience on their bandwidth/configuration and not to deciding which browser i have to use/recommend to anyone..

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, Opera 9.52 > Firefox 3 in terms of rendering speed but my personal preference is still Firefox 3.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
YEs FF3 does, but itz feature packed and the most complete browser ever....But i still say this again

IE 8.0 Beta 2 is astonishingly beautiful, easy to navigate and fast and low on resources too

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
browser speed is depended on the user's bandwidth plan/configuration.
Browser speed is not same as internet connection speed or data transfer rate. For eg: When a 64K and 512K line downloads a JPG image, how much time they consume before rendering them, discounting the download time will give you a rough idea of their 'speeds'. For example, you can see Rajbir Singh's tests on browser shoot-out.

but,your are not understand my view..
bcoz.. my intention of this thread is only to find the user's experience on their bandwidth/configuration and not to deciding which browser i have to use/recommend to anyone..
If you are looking for something specific, then you should mention it prominently. Your first post says absolutely nothing about this. So what makes you think I can give you a satisfactory reply my friend?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
can i have ask you the reason for why you dont have give the important to the speed..???
I can wait for a few miliseconds more and have good patience :p

do you have any special reason to love opera..??
well there are many reasons I use Opera for.
Opera's renders the page very well,
searching accross different websites is really simple with the search feature provided by Opera. My collegues often dont understand how the heck I search different websites by just typing the search string in the address bar :p
Speed Dial. :D
Superbly implimented Mouse Gestures.
And if the Opera doesnot render the page correctly I can just view the page in another browser just by Right Click > Open With :D

For me as for the topic is concerned "Fastest Browser..(based on personal experience)" In my personal expreience I felt Firefox is bit faster in loading pages than Opera. It doesnot mean that I will ditch Opera Completely and switch to Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom