Facing problem in configuring yahoomail with outlook... Here is the solution...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankur Mittal

Journeyman
I just use the normal Yahoo mail account.I shifted to beta version around 4 months back.But my account is more than 3 years old so they must have themselves transferred to Yahoo Mail Plus and I am using the general .com one.

buntythecool

Broken In
dear all
i m using yahoo.com account & i m not their preimium user but with the help of ypops i m accesing al my mail thru outlook express

buntythecool

Broken In
Here's how to "POP" mail from Yahoo! Mail your Outlook Express:
1. From the Tools menu, choose "Accounts."
2. Select the "Mail" tab.
3. Click the "Add" button.
4. From the Add menu, click "Mail."
5. In the text box labeled Display Name, type your name and click "Next."
6. In the Email Address box, type your Yahoo! Mail address (be sure to include "@yahoo.com") and click "Next."
7. Under "My incoming mail server is a…" select "POP3."
8. Type "127.0.0.1" in the Incoming Mail (POP3, IMAP, or HTTP) Server box.
9. Type "127.0.0.1" in the Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server box.
10. Click "Next."
11. In the Account Name box, type your Yahoo! Mail ID (your email address without the "@yahoo.com").
12. In the Password box, type your Yahoo! Mail password.
13. If you want Outlook Express to remember your password, check the "Remember password" box.
14. Do not check the boxes labeled "Log on using Secure…"
15. Click "Next."
16. Click "Finish."
17. Select '127.0.0.1' under 'Account,' and click 'Properties.'
18. Click the “Servers” tab.
19. Under “Outgoing Mail Server” check the box next to “My server requires authentication”
20. Click the 'Advanced' tab.
21. Under “Outgoing mail Server (SMTP)”, check the box next to “This server requires a secure connection (SSL). Enter port number “465” in the “Outgoing mail (SMTP)” field.
22. Under “Incoming mail (POP3)”, check the box next to “This server requires a secure connection (SSL)". The port number in the “Incoming mail (POP3)" field should automatically change from 110 to 995. If it doesn’t, make sure the port number is set to 995.
23. also select leave a copy of messsages on server
all this thing i have get from some site that is not my invention
& all this seetings are working for me & i m also using ypops to accopny this procedure
may be this help u to all
reply if any prob persist

kunaltech

Journeyman
thanks a lot its worked
thanks thanks thank a lot

thanks to bunty,ankur and others
ok if i want my older mails to be downloaded i have to make them unread and then downloded

but everytime it gives me a dialuge box asking to wait or to stop that session how do i get read of this

its says
"your pop3 server has not responded in 60 seconds. would you like to wait another 60 seconds for the server to respond?

account: pop.mail.yahoo.com

server: 127.0.0.1"

Last edited:

kunaltech

Journeyman
buntythecool said:
@kunal
in ur accoun properties>advance tab>server time out>
increase the time as per ur wish
be cool:p
thanks
so its only till 5minutes we can keep
and if i dont want to keep the mails in yahoo so i have slected the delivery option in same dailoug box
i m right :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

one more thing when i am downloading next time it will not downlaod the mails again which it has downloaded already

Last edited:

kunaltech

Journeyman
hey but whenever i am downloading mails again its downlaoding the same mails which has been downlaoded again why that happens

Ankur Mittal

Journeyman
kunaltech said:
hey but whenever i am downloading mails again its downlaoding the same mails which has been downlaoded again why that happens

You have to change the settings in Outlook
Just go to tools than to accounts and then select your yahoo account or any other and click on properties.
A new dialog box will appear in which click on the advanced options.
In advance option disable "leave a copy of message on server" and you are done.

OP
A

anmol004

Right off the assembly line
Well, It doesn't get deleted. Instead it get copied only. Check it once again. I myself have done yaar....

kunaltech

Journeyman
hey
i am able to download the yahoo messages in my outlook express/microsoft outlook express but i am unable to send the messages can anyone know what could be the problem

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Guyz you can use the webmail extension of thunderbird from - *webmail.mozdev.org/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom