Facing problem in configuring yahoomail with outlook... Here is the solution...

Status
Not open for further replies.

anmol004

Right off the assembly line
1. Open your yahoo mail account.
2. On the right side, u will see - Options. Click it.
3. Then go to - POP Access and forwarding.
4. Check 'Web and POP Access' and When downloading new messages: I don't want to receive any messages that SpamGuard thinks are spam
5.Open outlook or outlook express.
6.Click the 'tools' menu and select 'accounts....'
7.Click 'Add', and then click 'mail...'
8.Enter your name in the 'Display name:' field, and click 'Next.'
9.Enter your full yahoo email address in the 'Email address:' field, and click 'Next.'
10.Enter 'pop.mail.yahoo.com' in the 'Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server:' field. Enter 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com' in the 'Outgoing mail (SMTP) server:' field.
11.Click 'Next.'
12.Enter your Yahoomail username (including '@yahoo.com') in the 'Account name:' field. Enter your yahoomail password in the 'Password:' field, and click 'Next.'
13.Click 'Finish.'
14.Highlight 'pop.mail.yahoo.com' under 'Account,' and click 'Properties.'
15.Click the 'Advanced' tab.
16.Check the box next to 'This server requires a secure connection (SSL)' under 'Outgoing Mail (SMTP).'
17.Enter '465' in the 'Outgoing mail (SMTP):' field.
18.Check the box next to 'This server requires a secure connection (SSL)' under 'Incoming mail (POP3) and 'Outgoing mail (SMTP) both.' The port will change to 995.

*The order of 'Outgoing' and 'Incoming' mail server fields varies by version. Make sure you enter the correct information in each field.

19.Click the 'Servers' tab, and check the box next to 'My server requires authentication.'
20.Click 'OK.'
Congratulations! You're done configuring your client to send and retrieve Yahoomail messages.

And its all for free!

Last edited:

planetcall

Indian by heart
thats anmol's first post i guess.....next time see what you are posting buddy. That information doesnt apply to general users. It is only for the premium members.

buntythecool

Broken In
dear all
first download ypops-win-0.8.8.exe & then installed it
and follow all the step which r given by anmol004
only one thing u have to change is that ur incoming & outgoing server add which is 127.0.0.1
this work for me
& im not d paid user
plz let me know dis thing help u or not
enjoy!

S

SE><IE

Basically the POP fwding is open for everyone who is not on international domain. i.e, everyone expect username@yahoo.com will have free POP fwding. Read it at yahoo help page.

Last edited by a moderator:

kunaltech

Journeyman
ok i have install the yahoo pops but i dont find POP Access and forwarding. in my yahoo account. can any one tell me now how do i use yahoo pop i have also configure my outlook express. when i click on send and recieve it asking for password which i have entered correct.
asking for netwrok username and password
help me

Last edited:

buntythecool

Broken In
u have to run ypops in background chek its stastus on ur task bar dud

tell me the setting of ur outlook express kunaltech

i will help u

buntythecool

Broken In
dear knowledgegainer
4 gmail account u have 2 1st acitivate pop forwarding 4m ur gemail account setting and forward ur all msg to ur yahoo acount it is so simple
any way i have gate this trick by googling
and reply if any problem is there
be cool :p

kunaltech

Journeyman
thanks bunty
my outlook setting are same as mention by amol. what ever he has told i have entered in my outlook settings

Ankur Mittal

Journeyman
alsiladka said:
The options do not show Pop access. Is the pop access enabled by dafault?
Just go to the options menu in Yahoo Mail beta and you will see a POP3 option.
To sign for yahoo mail beta go to-
*advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta/

A small tutorial
  1. Click the "Options" link at the top right of your Mail page to open Options.
  2. Click on POP Access and forwarding.
[FONT=&quot]Spam[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Spam Protection[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Customise our anti-spam tools to maximise your spam protection:[/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot]SpamGuard [/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot]Marking Spam + Not Spam [/FONT]
·[FONT=&quot]Image Blocking [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]AddressGuard[/FONT][FONT=&quot]TM[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Create and manage disposable email addresses to defend your primary address against spam.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Anti-Spam Resource Center[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Learn about spam, tips and tricks on how to avoid it, and what Yahoo! is doing to prevent it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Block Addresses[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Block addresses from which you don't want to receive mail.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Management[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mail Addresses[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We've added the dot into our email addresses so you can get the address you've always wanted. Use it just like your existing Yahoo! ID. Also retrieve mail from your other (POP) accounts into your Yahoo! Mailbox. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]POP Access and Forwarding [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Use Yahoo! as your permanent email address. Forward to another mail account, or download your Yahoo! messages to your POP3 mail client.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Filters[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sort your incoming mail automatically into designated folders or to your mobile device. Filter out unsolicited email.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]General Preferences[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Customise your Inbox view and your Compose options. Change your outgoing name and address.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Signature[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Attach a custom signature to your outgoing messages.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Vacation Response[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Send a custom, automatic message response when you are away.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Announce Email Address[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Send an email to your contacts to let them know your Yahoo! Mail address.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Premium Services[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]SMS Mail Alerts[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Get SMS messages sent to your mobile if important email arrives at your Yahoo! India Mail account. Reply to email from your mobile! [/FONT][FONT=&quot]From Rs 1 per text msg[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Get started!.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]POP Access & Forwarding[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][ Need Help? ] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]gives you even more flexibility with two free features![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As a Yahoo! Delivers member (you asked to receive special offers via when you registered with us), you can take advantage of email forwarding and POP access. Each one is free, exclusively for Yahoo! Delivers members.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Web & POP Access [POP Settings][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Access Yahoo! Mail via the web interface and through any email program using POP3 (e.g., Eudora, Outlook, or Netscape Mail).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When downloading new messages[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]: [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I don't want to receive any messages that SpamGuard thinks are spam[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I want to receive all messages, including those that SpamGuard thinks are spam[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For messages that SpamGuard thinks are spam, add [Bulk] as a prefix to the subject [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Learn more about these options - View POP Settings [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Forwarding[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Forward incoming Yahoo! Mail messages to a different email address[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Email address: [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot](e.g. user@company.com)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You cannot forward to another Yahoo! Mail address.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Save Cancel [/FONT]

Then in the above window click on the option you want in [FONT=&quot]When downloading new messages.Then click on save.[/FONT]

To configure your account on computer-

[FONT=&quot]POP Access Settings[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In order to read your Yahoo! Mail an external email client (such as Eudora, Outlook, Netscape, etc.), you will need to configure the Incoming (POP) and Outgoing (SMTP) server settings so that it can send and receive messages from your Yahoo! Mail account. Generally, you can find these settings under the Tools or Preferences menus for your particular email program.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Important: Do not delete your incoming mail settings[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you are already receiving mail from another mail server (such as incoming mail to your address at your ISP), you will need to add a new POP account. Sometimes this is called a new "profile," sometimes a new "personality," depending on your email client. If your email client only allows you to receive mail from one POP server at a time, make sure you write down your current settings before you replace them with Yahoo! Mail settings so that you can change them back if you need to. Below you will find the server settings for accessing your Yahoo! Mail.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Server Settings[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Incoming Mail Server (POP3):[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]pop.mail.yahoo.co.in [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP):[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]smtp.mail.yahoo.co.in [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]using SMTP port 587[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [What's this?][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Account Name/Username:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Your user name[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Email address:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Your complete E-Mail address[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Password:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Your Yahoo! Mail password[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We've given directions below for configuring POP access to Yahoo! Mail for selected email clients. Your client may not be on this list, and server settings vary from client to client. Remember, even after you configure your mail client to send and receive Yahoo! Mail messages, you can always log in to your Yahoo! Mail account to send and receive as well.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Microsoft Outlook 2002 XP & 2003[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To configure your POP settings for Microsoft Outlook 2002 (sometimes referred to as Outlook XP) and 2003, follow these steps: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]From the Tools menu, select "Email Accounts." You may have to click the arrows. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Select the radio button next to "Add a new email account" and click the "Next" button. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Select the radio button next to "POP3" and click the "Next" button. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Enter the following information: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]User Information[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Your Name: Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the "From" field of your outgoing messages. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Email Address: Enter your full Yahoo! Mail address (for example, "user@yahoo.com").[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Server Information[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]o[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Incoming mail server (POP3):[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]pop.mail.yahoo.com[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Outgoing mail server (SMTP):[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]smtp.mail.yahoo.com[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Login Information[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o[/FONT][FONT=&quot]User Name: Enter your Yahoo! ID (your email address without the "@yahoo.com"). [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Password: Enter your Yahoo! password.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Do not check the box next to "Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Click the "More Settings" box and select the "Outgoing Server" tab. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Check the box next to "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]If you would like to keep a copy of your email messages on the Yahoo! Mail server, select the "Advanced" tab. Check the box next to "Leave a copy of messages on the server." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]9.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Click the "OK" button. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]10.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Click the "Next" button on the Email Account Wizard, then click "Finished." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Important:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] The Yahoo! Mail SMTP server requires authentication. To turn this setting on, follow these steps: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Click "Tools," then select "Email Accounts." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Select "View or change existing email accounts" and click "Next." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Select your Yahoo! Mail account and click the "Change" button on the right. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Click the "More Settings..." button in the bottom-right corner of the Email Accounts window. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]In the Internet Email Settings window, click the "Outgoing Server" tab. Ensure that the box is checked next to "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Click the "Advanced" tab and ensure that you have not selected "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)" under the incoming (POP3) or outgoing (SMTP) port settings. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To control deletion of messages from the Yahoo! Mail Server, follow these steps: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]From the Tools menu, choose "Email Accounts." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Select the radio button next to "Edit an existing account" and click the "Next" button. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Double-click the Yahoo! account. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Select the "Advanced" tab. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]In the Delivery section at the bottom of the window, check "Leave a copy of messages on server" if you want to save your Yahoo! Mail messages on both the Yahoo! Mail server and on your local computer. If you want your messages to be deleted from the Yahoo! Mail server after you have received them in Outlook, do not check this box. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Microsoft Outlook 98 and 2000[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Outlook allows you to add a new email account to your existing profile. This means you do not have to replace your current settings in order to send and receive Yahoo! Mail messages. Unfortunately, Microsoft Outlook 97 does not support authenticated SMTP, and thus Microsoft Outlook 97 cannot be used to read Yahoo! Mail messages. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Microsoft Outlook 98 and 2000[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To add a new email account to your existing profile: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]From the Tools menu, select "Accounts." If you do not see "Accounts," place your cursor over the two arrows at the bottom of the list to display more choices. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Click the "Add" button. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]From the Add menu, click "Mail." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]In the Display Name box, type your name as you would like it to appear when you send a message, and click "Next." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]In the Email Address box, enter your Yahoo! Mail address (for example, "user@yahoo.com") and click "Next." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]In the box labeled "My incoming mail server is a..." select "POP3" server. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Type "pop.mail.yahoo.com" in the Incoming Mail (POP3 or IMAP) Server box. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Type "smtp.mail.yahoo.com" in the Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server box. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]9.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Click "Next." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]10.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]In the Account Name box, enter your Yahoo! Mail ID (your email address without the "@yahoo.com"). [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]11.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]In the Password box, enter your Yahoo! Mail password. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]12.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Check "Remember Password" if you do not want Outlook to prompt you for your password each time you check your mail. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]13.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Do not check the box labeled "Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]14.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Click "Next." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]15.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Choose the appropriate connection type under the "Which Method Do You Use to Connect to the Internet" heading. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]16.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]If you chose "Connect using my phone line," you will need to select a dial-up connection in the Dial-up Connection Wizard and click "Next." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]17.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Click "Finish." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] The Yahoo! Mail SMTP server now requires authentication. To turn this setting on, follow these steps: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]From the Tools menu, choose "Accounts." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Select the "Mail" tab. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Select your Yahoo! Mail account and click "Properties." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Click on the "Servers" tab. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Check the box next to "My Server Requires Authentication." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Please make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not checked. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Click "OK." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To control deletion of messages from the Yahoo! Mail server:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]From the Tools menu, select "Accounts." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Click on the "Mail" tab. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Select your Yahoo! Mail account and click "Properties." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Click on the "Advanced" tab. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Check "Leave a copy of messages on server" if you want to save your Yahoo! Mail messages on the Yahoo! Mail server as well as on your local computer. Please note that setting your email client to remove messages from the server will cause your messages to be deleted from the server. Once the messages are deleted, we are unable to retrieve them. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Click "OK." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Close Microsoft Outlook and restart.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Microsoft Outlook Express[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Outlook Express allows you to add a new email account to your existing profile. This means you do not have to replace your current settings in order to send and receive Yahoo! Mail messages. Here's how: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]From the Tools menu, choose "Accounts." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Click the "Add" button. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]From the Add menu, click "Mail." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]In the text box labeled Display Name, type your name and click "Next." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]In the Email Address box, type your Yahoo! Mail address (be sure to include "@yahoo.com") and click "Next." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Under "My incoming mail server is a..." select "POP3." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Type "pop.mail.yahoo.com" in the Incoming Mail (POP3, IMAP, or HTTP) Server box. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]9.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Type "smtp.mail.yahoo.com" in the Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server box. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]10.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Click "Next." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]11.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]In the Account Name box, type your Yahoo! Mail ID (your email address without the "@yahoo.com"). [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]12.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]In the Password box, type your Yahoo! Mail password. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]13.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]If you want Outlook Express to remember your password, check the "Remember password" box. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]14.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Do not check the boxes labeled "Log on using Secure..." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]15.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Click "Next." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]16.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Click "Finish."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] The Yahoo! Mail SMTP server now requires authentication. To turn this setting on: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Double-click the account labeled "pop.mail.yahoo.com." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Select the "Servers" tab. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Check the box next to "My Server Requires Authentication." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Click "OK." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To control deletion of messages from the Yahoo! Mail Server: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Double-click the account labeled "pop.mail.yahoo.com." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Select the "Advanced" tab. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]In the Delivery section at the bottom of the window, check "Leave a copy of messages on server" if you want to save your Yahoo! Mail messages on the Yahoo! Mail server as well as on your local computer. Do not check this box if you want your messages to be deleted from the Yahoo! Mail server once you have received them in Outlook Express. [/FONT]

For any more information about POP and forwarding visit-
*help.yahoo.com/help/us/plus/mail/pop/

kunaltech

Journeyman
my dear friend ankur i am unable to find pop and forward access in options. i think it only shows for premimum users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom