Extreme Gaming Rig(Budget no bar)

OP
pranjal.3029

pranjal.3029

Colossus of Stars
*www.digit.in/forum/technology-news/184474-digit-builds-indias-fastest-pc-worth-16-6-lakhs.html

You really to build this rig for yourself or for the Limca book of records for India's fastest PC?

:lol:
Hahaha. Lol. Well it IS my dream so I just might :D

OP
pranjal.3029

pranjal.3029

Colossus of Stars
Alright man I was trolling. But my advice will be if you absolutely want to spend such a fortune wait for next gen components. And you can build a very powerful PC without spending that much.
BTW where is your hometown?
Haha. Thanks for the advice dude. Yeah I am waiting for X99 and DDR4. That would mean this rig will only be ready by the end of the year IF they decide to launch it in India. There's only so much you can carry from US. Otherwise post is my only option and that scares me.
My hometown is Hisar, Haryana but I have been living in Chandigarh since past 8 years. The reason my digit subscription is at my home is because my family is moving in our new home and I am shifting all my postal address to the new home so its just a backup.

OP
pranjal.3029

pranjal.3029

Colossus of Stars
i think asus sabertooth x99 + i7 5960x + 64 GB DDR4 + 4 x gtx 780 ti + SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE1T0BW 2.5" 1TB SATA III x 4 + cm cosmos 2 should be the minimum at this budget.......

- - - Updated - - -

p.s if you are so loaded help me out in steam sales this time.........

- - - Updated - - -

:-D..........
I don't know why but the Rampage series appeals to me more. Sabertooth is quite good too. Instead of the 4x GTX 780Ti I was thinking more on the lines of 2xTitan Z or 2xR9 295X2. Cosmos 2 and the 4xSSDs sound quite good.

OP
pranjal.3029

pranjal.3029

Colossus of Stars
Wait for DDR4 to get mainstream then spend 1.5 to 2 lakhs on a killer desktop. We'll all help on that for sure :thumbs:.

What are your expectations from this PC BTW?
My expectations are that it should play all the demanding games at 7680x2160(2x4K) without upgrading for atleast 5-7 years and also help me recording my band starting from next year and ofcourse watch blu-rays too :D

OP
pranjal.3029

pranjal.3029

Colossus of Stars
Subscribed, OP please post pic of your Extreme rig, after buying. :)
Ah! Thanks for showing appreciation dude. As per the suggestions of the forum members I have decided to wait for the X99 and DDR4 to get mainstream so I'll have to hold out till the end of 2014 atleast. *sigh* After that ofcourse I'll post the pics of each and every step and component in the purchases section! ;) and who knows it might get featured in the digit mag sometime! :D

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
My expectations are that it should play all the demanding games at 7680x2160(2x4K) without upgrading for atleast 5-7 years and also help me recording my band starting from next year and ofcourse watch blu-rays too :D

that is a cool dream but impossible to accomplish ;). for two 4k displays, you need worlds best 4 gpus and it will help 2-3 years with max details. and wait for next gen card too which support hdmi 2.0 which will support 4K at 60Hz since current hdmi standard restricts 4k at 30hz. or you have display port resolution though.
as everybody mentioned, wait for haswell Extreme for an extreme gaming rig..

OP
pranjal.3029

pranjal.3029

Colossus of Stars
that is a cool dream but impossible to accomplish ;). for two 4k displays, you need worlds best 4 gpus and it will help 2-3 years with max details. and wait for next gen card too which support hdmi 2.0 which will support 4K at 60Hz since current hdmi standard restricts 4k at 30hz. or you have display port resolution though.
as everybody mentioned, wait for haswell Extreme for an extreme gaming rig..
That's why I was considering more like 2xGTX Titan Z or 2xR9 295X2. And yes for the rest of the part I will wait till they are released

OP
pranjal.3029

pranjal.3029

Colossus of Stars
hope this waiting game gives fruitful result at the end :D

note: it ofcourse will do :p
Hoping for the same! Though it does look very promising! Been researching all week on X99 and DDR4! I might make a detailed thread for a potential sticky! ;)

amjath

Human Spambot
Anyone ready to say this or shall I do the honors!!!

Pics or it didn't happen :p JK wanted to see a 4K TV apart from showroom

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Hoping for the same! Though it does look very promising! Been researching all week on X99 and DDR4! I might make a detailed thread for a potential sticky! ;)

aaaaaand dont forget the pics :D.
those will be launched only on september and india will get it a bit later too.

logout20

Journeyman
why don't you contact intel,amd,corsair for custom made cpu,gpu,power supply ram etc....contact audi or ferrari or pagani for the material they used in their cars....ones you got the material (carbon fibre,mahoigini)..send it to nzxt...consult a architecture for cabinet design,a mechanical engineer to design the material,an aerodynamic engineer to calculate the air flow stuff,electrical engineer to sort the voltage-amp stuff also contact havells for wires that dont catch fire..to calculate the amount of current and voltage use will need a electrician...to properly combine all your stuff you will need a machinist with lathe machine....

OP
pranjal.3029

pranjal.3029

Colossus of Stars
why don't you contact intel,amd,corsair for custom made cpu,gpu,power supply ram etc....contact audi or ferrari or pagani for the material they used in their cars....ones you got the material (carbon fibre,mahoigini)..send it to nzxt...consult a architecture for cabinet design,a mechanical engineer to design the material,an aerodynamic engineer to calculate the air flow stuff,electrical engineer to sort the voltage-amp stuff also contact havells for wires that dont catch fire..to calculate the amount of current and voltage use will need a electrician...to properly combine all your stuff you will need a machinist with lathe machine....
Instead of the sarcasm, you could have properly just adviced a rig.

rock2702

Padawan
With your budget and requirements, it would be best to wait for haswell extreme 8 core i7 5960x with Asus rampage 5 extreme and 32gb of quad channel high frequency DDR4 memory.

Coming to the gpus, to power two 60hz 4k displays,you would need 4 GTX 880Ti's(maxwell flagship) or 4xAMD 390X or whatever it would be named.

Powering this rig would need a hefty power supply.Corsair AX 1500i or EVGA Supernova 1600 T2 would be the best in this scenario.

Top Bottom