Extreme Gaming Rig(Budget no bar)

OP
pranjal.3029

pranjal.3029

Colossus of Stars
With your budget and requirements, it would be best to wait for haswell extreme 8 core i7 5960x with Asus rampage 5 extreme and 32gb of quad channel high frequency DDR4 memory.

Coming to the gpus, to power two 60hz 4k displays,you would need 4 GTX 880Ti's(maxwell flagship) or 4xAMD 390X or whatever it would be named.

Powering this rig would need a hefty power supply.Corsair AX 1500i or EVGA Supernova 1600 T2 would be the best in this scenario.
I agree with you on the Haswell-E and Asus Rampage MoBo. Also all the DDR4 would be of "higher frequency" than DDR3 as DDR3 standards stop at 2133MHz and DDR4 starts from there :p And the GPU I was considering was either 2xTitan Z or 2x R9 295X2. So to power them I thought I'll need atleast a Corsair AX1500i :)

OP
pranjal.3029

pranjal.3029

Colossus of Stars
imo wait for Broadwell and Maxwell.
That would mean waiting for atleast another complete year. Anyways Broadwell wouldn't be worth the wait over Haswell-E. Similiarly Maxwell isn't supposed to come anywhere in 2014 except for the 750&750Ti it's already in. I'm better of with 2xTitan Z with 4 Kepler GPUs :)

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
That would mean waiting for atleast another complete year. Anyways Broadwell wouldn't be worth the wait over Haswell-E. Similiarly Maxwell isn't supposed to come anywhere in 2014 except for the 750&750Ti it's already in. I'm better of with 2xTitan Z with 4 Kepler GPUs :)

Both Maxwell and Broadwell will hopefully launch in Q4 2014.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yeah I am waiting for X99 and DDR4. That would mean this rig will only be ready by the end of the year IF they decide to launch it in India. There's only so much you can carry from US. Otherwise post is my only option and that scares me.

You don't need to wait for it to be launched in India. Services like Comgateway are there to let you buy any stuff from US with sometimes (un)reasonable customs of course. I have bought my Core i5 4570 from Amazon using Comgateway. It was a hassle free experience since customs are handled by the courier service itself. Although it did cost me 5k to get it.

OP
pranjal.3029

pranjal.3029

Colossus of Stars
You don't need to wait for it to be launched in India. Services like Comgateway are there to let you buy any stuff from US with sometimes (un)reasonable customs of course. I have bought my Core i5 4570 from Amazon using Comgateway. It was a hassle free experience since customs are handled by the courier service itself. Although it did cost me 5k to get it.
How was your experience with their services? I have used Forwarding Shippers before, named Shipito but they don't tell in advance how much customs would my package generate. Also their shipping times are also too much. How much was the price difference for the original product after including all and every shipping charges?

amjath

Human Spambot
hopshopgo transaction powered by paypal is also good. few here bought from ishopinternational, they calculate customs and duties in advance

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
+1 to ppobox. I found the service extremely efficient. Besides, they offer insurance on your stuff too.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well, looks like folks here have offered alternatives to Comgateway, but if you still want to know my experience you can refer this thread:
*www.digit.in/forum/shopping/176084-need-advice-buying-through-comgateway-first-time.html

OP
pranjal.3029

pranjal.3029

Colossus of Stars
+1 to ppobox. I found the service extremely efficient. Besides, they offer insurance on your stuff too.
So how exactly was your experience when you bought something from ppobox? How was their service? Consolidation, Customs handling, shipping charges, customs charged etc?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
So how exactly was your experience when you bought something from ppobox? How was their service? Consolidation, Customs handling, shipping charges, customs charged etc?

They did everything without delay. You just have to give a photo ID proof(PAN card) and an authorization letter to them. They will take care of the rest. I had ordered a GPU BTW.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I dont understand why you need to give PAN number to Ppobox. I didn't have to give any proof to use comgateway.

OP
pranjal.3029

pranjal.3029

Colossus of Stars
Anyone ready to say this or shall I do the honors!!!

Pics or it didn't happen :p JK wanted to see a 4K TV apart from showroom

Sorry people, been spending some time with family and friends. :) Anyways I did manage to click a picture while I was hurrying to my home! Here it is:

My Sony KD-84X9000 running Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol from a HDRip(I know it doesn't do it justice but I had already watched all my blu-rays lying around. I need to buy some new ones!)

dsc06323.jpg

Hope you trust me now! :wink:

amjath

Human Spambot
^ That extended speaker set up only on left side? Am I the only one who can't see the right side speaker

OP
pranjal.3029

pranjal.3029

Colossus of Stars
That's probably due to the angle at which the photo was taken and also due to the poor lights. I was in a hurry. To better interpret the photo...see the difference on the sides where the screen ends. One the left hand side you can see that the bezel is barely noticeable and the speaker is extended. On the right side though, the speaker seems like it is completely attached to the bezel(due to the angle) and the speaker is not distinguishable from the bezel so the bezel looks very thick as compared to the left side bezel which of course isn't possible and is because of the speaker which seems like bezel due to the dark room(I like to watch movies with the room completely darked out). So you see? The speakers are omni-present :p

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Sorry people, been spending some time with family and friends. :) Anyways I did manage to click a picture while I was hurrying to my home! Here it is:

My Sony KD-84X9000 running Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol from a HDRip(I know it doesn't do it justice but I had already watched all my blu-rays lying around. I need to buy some new ones!)

View attachment 14538

Hope you trust me now! :wink:
ok you are loaded, anyway decided components?

Top Bottom