enhance ur w700i wid new acoustic driver, increased sms capacity

sivarap

In the zone
bIG tROUBLE. i AM NOT ABLE TO FLASH THE k750w800_r2e_dcu.49r.ssw
I get "finishing Flash" but it hangs there.
Please note the whole process failed inbetween once due to power failure and I had to start over again.
Please help.

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well after the msg "finishing flash", wait for abt 5 secs and just press the stop button and disconnect the phone when it says. then replace the battery and continue in far manager. try it.....

sivarap

In the zone
morning it didn't work....Tried now (even before I saw ur msg :D) works fine....was ina hurry to get teh phone back online....dunno howmany calls I missed....will have to try teh best acoustics and other stuffs later....

One more thing....I've seen in W800i and W550i, The alignment of teh menu items change according to teh theme selected. Any idea about this?

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i think u meant, "in w810i and w550i". this is coz these phones support flashlite themes hence the position of menu icons can be changed. flashlite support is not available for w700i. hence the answer to ur question is, NO.

keivan55

Right off the assembly line
yeah .infra-red my w700 worked wid webcam by choosing items of w800-k750 in "k700 webcam" software.

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
oh, use the sony ericsson theme editor. its an official software available on SE developer site or here:

*www.softpedia.com/get/Mobile-Phone-Tools/Sony-Ericsson/Sony-Ericsson-Themes-Creator.shtml

edit: this is the official se site where theme editor 3.11 is available:
*developer.sonyericsson.com/site/global/docstools/multimedia/p_multimedia.jsp

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
for people on other OS (linux, unix, solaris, mac os x) u can try mythemecreator. btw, it works on windows too! its based on java:

*www.lasyk.net/mTC/

download: *www.myforum.lasyk.net/showthread.php?t=7839

rauli7

Broken In
omg!i've got a big problem!now when i turn on my phone and enter the pin and the phone lock code theres that message :"Configuration error. Please contact your network operator or service centre."
PLS help!i can't do anything..i can just turn off

i also flashed the frimware again many times!!

EDIT: omg!!!my phone works again..i don't know why..i tried the steps again..and now it works!!!but i can not choose the german language..how i can do this?i can't choose it..there are only other languages

Last edited:
OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
u get this error when u don't properly put in the configuration (customisation) files in the /tpa folder. flashing on the firmware doesn't help. perform these steps again after flashing the main and fs firmware again:

FAR will detect your fone and 2 folders will appear, FLASH and FS. Double click on FS and let it process for a couple of minutes. Now you have entered the File Sysytem of your fone…Congrats! You’re a hacker now! Many folders are displayed there. The folders on the left side of the FAR manager screen represent ur fone’s filesystem (FS). The right side of your screen displays the FAR manager folder (on ur PCs hard drive) that u just downloaded. The left side displays folders (‘..’,ifs,card,tpa,etc etc…). Here the ‘..’ represents the root of the directory(i.e. u can go back to previous folders by clicking this). On the right side (on hard drive folder FAR) goto ‘W700_Carolina_i_CDA102580_103_EMEA_6’ folder. there is a subfolder called ‘tpa’ inside. Now by clicking and holding this folder, drag it to the left side of the screen onto the ‘..’ (that represents root directory). Make sure u don’t drag it over any other folders . in the new popup, click ‘copy’ and wait for a few seconds as your customization files get copied into the FS. Now that the files have been copied, lets play around.
We are already inside the FS so why not take this opportunity to increase the speaker sound of our fones…. Inside FS, goto folder ifs>settings>acoustic>. The files that are being displayed are your fones sound drivers. Search for the file named ‘farfield_play.apf’ and delete it. Now copy the ‘farfield_play.apf’ in FAR folder (on hard drive) to this acoustic folder by just dragging it to anywhere on the left side of the screen. Click ‘..’ in FS to go back to previous folders. Continue clicking ‘..’ in previous folders until it asks you to ‘Shutdown The CSFS loader’. Hit ‘YES’ and close FAR. Unplug fone and re-insert battery to refresh.

Now we need to unpatch the MAIN that we did using XS++. Again open FAR, connect fone the same way as we did before until you reach the screen that displays FLASH and FS folders. This time, double click on FLASH. Now you enter another screen that displays ‘memory’. Ignore that. On the right side (hard drive) inside FAR folder, goto folder Plugins>REST. Look for the file named ‘REST_W700_R1CA021’. Select and drag the file to anywhere on the left side of the screen and click on ‘copy’ and then ‘flash’. In the following popup click ‘close’. Close FAR and unplug fone.

rauli7 said:
i can not choose the german language..how i can do this?i can't choose it..there are only other languages

afaik, this customisation pack doesn't include the german language. in fact even my phone out of the box din haf german lingo. did u get ur phone from some other country or is it a grey market purchase?

Last edited:

rauli7

Broken In
so where i can get the german language?i live in austria..so i bought it here..and in austria people speak german ^^..hope you know where austria is xD...under germany..middle-europe

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yeah pal, since this is an indian forum and most are in india hence i asked u this question. the models which are sold here do not haf the german lingo support. well, i need to know what cda number correponds to the german lingo. need sometime to go about searching it, bro......

rauli7

Broken In
sry..but i don't know much about se phones..i can only do things with a tutorial...would be nice if i could get one to get the germane language back in my phone again...i don't know what i havew to search now o_O

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
ok after some research i found out that Europe2,3 and 5 haf german language packs. get someone's SE phone who's in ur region and press these keys:
>*<<*<*
(< = left joystick, > = right joystick)
goto service info>software info and plz provide these info:
firmware (e.q *r1ca021, r1db), erom, customisation.
after knowing which customisation the phones in ur region use, we'll hafta search the net for those customisation packs,*main*and*FS then load it into ur phone to get the german language back.
*also ppl who were asking abt removing the java security prompts haf a look into this thread:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59438
edit: ok, i've found the customisation files for german language. the zip file i'm uploading contains the Europe 2, 3 and 5 customisation files wid german language.
now we are left wid 2 tasks:
1) to find out which of these 3 is applicable to SE phones in ur region
2) after ascertaining which, we need to find the corresponding MAIN and FS firmware files and then u need to follow the exact the proc indicated in the 1st page of this thread but wid the 3 files of ur region (MAIN, FS and customisation).
here are the customisations files:
*rapidshare.com/files/35061770/w700i_europe_235.zip.html
Do not use this unless u flash wid the corresponding MAIN and FS files. jus download and keep them wid u as of now and get back to me wid the info i've asked. u'll soon get back german lingo! :)

Last edited:

rauli7

Broken In
Sofware Info:
R1CA021
prgCXC 1250514_EU_1
R R1CA021

EROM: R3a005
prgCXC1250091_EROM_
DB2010_CLARA_FLAFLA

Customization
CDA102663/46 R1A
cxc1250522 R1CA021
EMEA_6

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
hey buddy! u are confused. this is the info of your phone. i need the exact info from another phone which is being used in ur region which has the german lingo (mebbe ur fren's or relative's SE phone, for e.g).

Top Bottom