DSLR Dilemma......

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
EOS1100D 18-55mm KIT IS II Lens at Ebay for Rs 17985 after coupons!!!

*www.ebay.in/itm/CANON-EOS-1100-D-D...ct_Digital_Cameras&hash=item19e3bf71c9&_uhb=1

Great and an unbelievable value starting point for beginners.....

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
your memory card discussion almost tempt me to get a new 16 GB memory card...but then I thought

8GB card can hold 500 RAW files
My battery can take 600 Shots per charge

That means I can only take maximum of 600 shots at single charge ... it seems I dont need a new memory card till I go to some tourist tour of 5-6 days :D Saved a Rs.1000 ;)

But spend Rs.460 on a black wrinkleless backdrop for my home studio

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
^^ Thats practical thinking ,I never thought that way.....I think I can only justify my 32GB by telling everyone "I need that for 1080p and continuous shots speed or I got it cheap at Rs 1950" ....but actually I never use teh DSLR for Video, I havnt even tested it or till now havnt even been in the video mode:razz: I think it was better to get a GB EYE-FI card by paying a little extra since 600D supports WiFi/EyeFi

One more Deal the the EOS1100D body in ebay for Rs 16150 after coupons. A Beginner on a budget buy the body and a owned Lens

CANON EOS 1100-D DSLR CAMERA BODY ONLY KIT WITHOUT LENS 4-GB CARD, CARRYING CASE | eBay

sujoyp

Grand Master
even if u take video ..I am sure the battery will drain off very quickly ..and taking more video will damage your sensor coz sensor heats up while taking video.

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Yeah thast also true,and the other benefit of a large capacity card is that the read and write latencies are better over low capacity cards,in UHS-1 standard its more evident.

Dr. House

No Regrets
@sujoy all my friends who owns DSLR are telling me that AF-S Nikkor lenses are expensive than Canon, you should go with Canon as it has in-built focus motor. Why did you said Nikkor lenses except 50mm comes cheaper?

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
@Dr. I am using nikon from last 3 years...isnt it long enough to know the market :)

Just check with any shop and compare the lenses...ok I will give you a comparision...I am flying back to India today...soo will be offline 2 days.

to give u an idea compare canon 18-55 with nikon , canon 70-300 IS with nikon 70-300 VR, canon 100mm IS macro with nikon 105mm Vr ...canon 50mm 1.4 with nikon

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Yeah thats an advantage, its one reason why I have stopped looking for EF-S lens for now as I was looking for one before with STM. At the moment Im hawking various sites to buy a second hand cheap EF lens from the L series which are said to be the epitome of sharpness.

But for Nikon the difference between the AF and AF-S is like AF dosnt have a focus motor on the Lens and is focussed via the motor in the Camera body and AF-S has the motor built in the body. Are sure you cant mount the AF on a D5100?

Dr. House

No Regrets
Why Canon made EF-S and EF lenses as both them will work with autofocus on 600D and onward cameras?
For example If I go with Tamron AF 70-300mm that costs 8.5k in both. Canon will have much more advantage over Nikon.

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Canons EF are for full frame DSLR and can be mounted on APS-C format cameras too or they are backward compatible. But you cant mount the the Cheaper EF-S lens on a Full Frame DSLR. Because practically no body buying a Rs 2 Lac body will ever use a Rs 10K 18-55mm lens. But lower rung users like us can use the EF for better image quality. The reason why the EF-S cant be used with Full Frame DSLR bodies is because the lens will obstruct the mirror as EF-S sits closer to the sensor .

Canon dosnt have a Focus Motor in body its the Lens, all of them, in EF and EF-S have them.

Edit : The Tamron for Nikon dosnt have a Focus Motor.:-(

Last edited:

Dr. House

No Regrets
Yea! Tamron for Nikon dosn't have a Focus Motor as it is only AF not AF-S. So there is advantage in 600D over D5100.

OP
The Incinerator

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Doc check this Sigma....*www.flipkart.com/sigma-70-300mm-f-4-5-6-dg-macro-for-nikon-digital-slr-lens/p/itmdy4uqzzyhf4b6 this one has AF and price just a shade over the Tamron. With this you can AF in D5100

Top Bottom