DRIVER San Francisco

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
@Vamsi, don't take everything so offensively.
i'm not telling all to dump this game because I don't like it....., I was just curious why this thread was so active when threads like tf2, dirt, and the likes are dead.

regarding the Cock pit cam, that wasn't a comparison between this game and CMR series.
that was just a suggestion, since you like attention to details, I Suggested.

Now the F1 part, i'm bugging the intencity, next world cc every day about games' release date, and you are saying you are "driving parallel"*. :p

come to think of it, is THIS game released yet?

Anyways, guys post some screens & videos.
Are there any grip, brake mod for this game?

*I don't want you to misunderstand, again, that was a reference to the prev. Driver title. :p

gameranand

Living to Play
Actually the games you are talking about are old now so most members have already completed those games or there is not much exitement there now while this game is new so our friends are playing the game thats why the activity. Dirt thread was very active when it was new hell even after some months. Its quite normal for any discussion place.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
@Vamsi, don't take everything so offensively.
i'm not telling all to dump this game because I don't like it....., I was just curious why this thread was so active when threads like tf2, dirt, and the likes are dead.

regarding the Cock pit cam, that wasn't a comparison between this game and CMR series.
that was just a suggestion, since you like attention to details, I Suggested.

Now the F1 part, i'm bugging the intencity, next world cc every day about games' release date, and you are saying you are "driving parallel"*. :p

come to think of it, is THIS game released yet?

Anyways, guys post some screens & videos.
Are there any grip, brake mod for this game?

*I don't want you to misunderstand, again, that was a reference to the prev. Driver title. :p

It sounded a bit offensive to me. Sorry if it wasn't your intention.

Yes I know, this game is yet to get a retail release in India.

The game itself is pretty much driven by hand breaks. Breaking heavily while going fast, sometimes will initiate unwanted drifts. And during shift, the AI driving some times will make stupid driving decisions. Except these three, the driving is like any typical arcade driving game.

I don't think there are vehicle control mods out there now. They might showup in future.

Progress:

In 4th chapter now. Brought Maserati Granturismo S. Now doing side missions to gain XP.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
UPDATE: Now, in 6th chapter. Hyper cars are unlocked now. Got myself a McLaren F1.

Soumik99

Journeyman
Can anyone who's played it list some pros and cons of this game, based on their experience(i know there are reviews but it would be better to consult tdf people)... as I am thinking of buying it. :)) I haven't played much racing/driving games till now, actually just one i.e nfs-hp 2010 and i loved it. thanks to whoever fills me with the info. :)

Last edited:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Completed the game. At the end.. it felt kind of lame. I felt like game is cheating on me. Overpowered boss.

Anyway... very good game. Technically the game is stunning. Because of the driv3r and parallel lines, this game wasn't even in my radar couple of months ago. But, the game delivered this time. A recommendable game for who are into driving games.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Just started this game. Seriously, have never ever played a worst game like this. Jumping over city, cars, are you ****in kidding me? What is it, Jumper, Hancock or what? And driving fat ass trucks? Jeez!
Also heard this was a hard game, and yet you can complete any mission by just jumping on the next car.
What a waste.
A big 2/10. 2 as it has more or less good graphic.

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
Well I donno why you didn't liked the game but I loved it. Although I have only played this one on friend's pc for some hours but I really enjoyed the game. The concept of this game is new unlike other racing games.

abhidev

Human Spambot
becomes boring after sometime...

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Well I donno why you didn't liked the game but I loved it. Although I have only played this one on friend's pc for some hours but I really enjoyed the game. The concept of this game is new unlike other racing games.
I expected a good racing game, but this seems like a mind+racing game. By good racing game I mean games like MW, Hot Pursuit etc.
Glad to know you liked it, of course not everyone has to hate it.
becomes boring sometime...
It's boring all the time for me.

Lets see how long could my patience hold before uninstalling this xxxxxxg xxxt :p

abhidev

Human Spambot
It's boring all the time for me.

Lets see how long could my patience hold before uninstalling this xxxxxxg xxxt :p

I played for just 2-3 missions and then didn't feel like playing anymore. Will give it another over the weekend. Well i liked the city details and driving is also different than NFS games.

gameranand

Living to Play
In a game like this it all depends on personal choices you know. Someone might love it while someone else may hate it.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I clearly enjoyed the game and the setting. Except some occasional frustrations, the experience was very good.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Ah, still keeping up with it. First time stuck somewhere, it's those 10 trucks which need to be defused, I got 8 but no idea how to defuse those stopped trucks!
Anyway, experience ain't changing, was laughing hard after the Jericho dodging mission, oh, pathetic idea, still laughing actually :rofl:
I played for just 2-3 missions and then didn't feel like playing anymore. Will give it another over the weekend. Well i liked the city details and driving is also different than NFS games.
Hm, that's where I don't do those....I play what I install, bad habit, need to change this.
In a game like this it all depends on personal choices you know. Someone might love it while someone else may hate it.
That's what I said, correct.

t19901219

Right off the assembly line
This game is spectacular!!! But no Ferrari, Mercedes, Porsche and BMW is a huge defect for car fans. Still hoping Ubisoft can release something like DLC pack.